Open Borders

I don't care that people like sky dancer see them as victims, the truth is they are victimizing americans and we are losing to them.Even legal hispanics are losing their jobs as well as their id's to illegal immigrants. This is WRONG! The only way to fix this is to enforce our laws, and protect our borders.

:clap2: :clap2:

Skyspinner -- if we did away with borders, hows that play out for terrorists coming in?

It might be worth trying, certainly what we do now doesn't seem to work.

It would still be a good idea to let people that want to become citizens become citizens because that is the only way you win their loyalty.

Exactly. What we are doing now doesn't work.

I like this writers viewpoint....more at link

"Immigration restrictions are based on the assumption that where you happen to be born is significant. If choice had been involved, then maybe differential treatment would be justified. However, it is the central tenet of responsibility that you are not responsible for that which you could not have made otherwise. Place of birth is affected by decisions made before you exist, something you cannot possibly be held responsible for. From my perspective, my birth place is simply a lottery, and as I am not responsible for it then it has no normative value and cannot be used to justify discrimination. We have accepted this with sex and skin colour, why not with birthplace? British citizens do not deserve their privileged (wealth-wise of course) place in British society any more than non-Brits."
No Borders, 20/02/08, Dissident Warwick

Originally Posted by sky dancer
We had a bracero program after World War II to take care of a shortage of farm workers. And when that program was in effect, illegal immigration from Mexico was reduced to a trickle.

<<<

Then why, after WWII, did we have "operation wetback" to send all the illegals home?

Originally Posted by sky dancer
We had a bracero program after World War II to take care of a shortage of farm workers. And when that program was in effect, illegal immigration from Mexico was reduced to a trickle.

<<<

Then why, after WWII, did we have "operation wetback" to send all the illegals home?

Immigration policy continually changes and is historically racist.
Why don't you tell me why you think the policy changed. Have you studied immigration policy since it's inception?

Last edited by a moderator:
Immigration policy continually changes and is historically racist.
Why don't you tell me why you think the policy changed. Have you studied immigrationi policy since it's inception?

In other words, you lied, got caught lying, and now want to blame me.

Yes, immigration policy is racist. Today it is harder for a person from Europe to get here than someone from an Hispanic country. That's why the majority of our legal immigrants are hispanic. Teddy Kennedy changed the immigration laws in the 60's to encourage immigration from 3rd world nations and almost completely ban immigration from 1st world nations.

Is it a real shocker than at illegal alien wants the US to change OUR immigration policy? We AMERICANS are not obligated to you regardless of how many accusations of racism your broken engrish puts in your mouth. America is not some disposable social bandage for you to use at your own discretion. You do not have a right to be here. Indeed, WE THE PEOPLE have the right to decide who gets to enter our property. And, until we give you a green light you are nothing more than a burglar trying to rationalize theft.

And still ship their money OUT of this country, back to their homes. Both legal and illegal immigrants send $billions of money out of our economy every year.
So what? They'll do that either way. But their kids won't. Because they'll be second generation and totally American. And they don't ship it all out, just a small portion.

Is it a real shocker than at illegal alien wants the US to change OUR immigration policy? We AMERICANS are not obligated to you regardless of how many accusations of racism your broken engrish puts in your mouth. America is not some disposable social bandage for you to use at your own discretion. You do not have a right to be here. Indeed, WE THE PEOPLE have the right to decide who gets to enter our property. And, until we give you a green light you are nothing more than a burglar trying to rationalize theft.

Like it or not, I vote. Do illegal immigrants or foreign nationals have voting rights in the US?

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back