Open Borders = Terror Threat

We cannot afford to run the Mexican government and pay for all their poor people. It's not that they can't patrol their borders, they don't want to. They want this migration out. They want the $'s flowing in. Sanctioning is the most likely way to produce results, but other than trade restrictions, dang if there are many to choose from. Bottom line, Mexico due to political corruption over at least decades, is a third world nation, sharing a border with US. Until the terrorists decided to take advantage, well???

You're correct regarding IT background.

In total agreement, we cannot run Mexican government, but we surely can at a minimum, help raise quality of life in Mexico to deter their poor majority from wanting to cross border (e.g. improved basic services infrastructure), thus reducing our need to build a physical structure to prevent influx and ability to track illegal entrants better.

Balance is what is needed.

BegToDiffer said:
In total agreement, we cannot run Mexican government, but we surely can at a minimum help raise quality of life in Mexico to deter their poor majority from wanting to cross border, thus reducing our need to build a physical structure to prevent influx and ability to track illegal entrants better.

Balance is what is needed.

Why is it our responsibillity to raise the quality of life for Mexicans?

It's not our responsibility to raise the quality of life for anyone, but it is our moral responsibility to stabalize areas directly connected to our land masses to ensure harmony between neigbours. In addition, we must remember our population consist of a number of Mexican ex-patriots, who will still have vivid memories of life in Mexico and want to help improve at some point in their life.

I may not be our responsibility to raise the quality of life for Mexicans, but its human nature to share prosperity, which would alleviate overall driver to crossing border.

BegToDiffer said:

It's not our responsibility to raise the quality of life for anyone, but it is our moral responsibility to stabalize areas directly connected to our land masses to ensure harmony between neigbours. In addition, we must remember our population consist of a number of Mexican ex-patriots, who will still have vivid memories of life in Mexico and want to help improve at some point in their life.

I may not be our responsibility to raise the quality of life for Mexicans, but its human nature to share prosperity, which would alleviate overall driver to crossing border.

I'm trying to decide if you are just trying to irritate, you are really this naive, or you are sent here to try to gather converts? :confused: :dunno:

Kathianne said:
I'm trying to decide if you are just trying to irritate, you are really this naive, or you are sent here to try to gather converts? :confused: :dunno:

No, I am not naive, attempting to irritate or convert people. We should be able to protect our way of life without such stringent methods and use "soft" methods to achieve same goals.

BegToDiffer said:
No, I am not naive, attempting to irritate or convert people. We should be able to protect our way of life without such stringent methods and use "soft" methods to achieve same goals.

There was a time, I think I was 18 or 19, when I would have agreed with you. Now however, it's not a 'soft time'. We'll have to agree to disagree.

Kathianne said:
There was a time, I think I was 18 or 19, when I would have agreed with you. Now however, it's not a 'soft time'. We'll have to agree to disagree.

Ok, if we tightely secure our borders, what happens when illegal entrants adapt and change tactics to enter. Do we continue to chase their methods of entry? What happens when they take focus off of physical terror and start using cyber terror. How will we protect these borders?

BegToDiffer said:
Ok, if we tightely secure our borders, what happens when illegal entrants adapt and change tactics to enter. Do we continue to chase their methods of entry? What happens when they take focus off of physical terror and start using cyber terror. How will we protect these borders?

They have been using cyber terror, so far the redundancy of the systems have seemed to work-but I agree it's a matter of time.

The fear of the illegals as I tried to make clear, at least for me are the terrorists ones. Real patrolling will care for the 'innocents' but the ones that will continue to prod will be the 'evil ones', that is where technology will help.

Kathianne said:
They have been using cyber terror, so far the redundancy of the systems have seemed to work-but I agree it's a matter of time.

The fear of the illegals as I tried to make clear, at least for me are the terrorists ones. Real patrolling will care for the 'innocents' but the ones that will continue to prod will be the 'evil ones', that is where technology will help.

Agree and terrorist ones are my focus as well. We need to somehow deterr them from even reaching our borders and that starts outside of our country, not at our borders.

BegToDiffer said:
Agree and terrorist ones are my focus as well. We need to somehow deterr them from even reaching our borders and that starts outside of our country, not at our borders.

But until a cohesive plan is created to do this, I haven't seen one valid reason why we won't seal the borders and put a moratorium on immigration until we get our act together............

BegToDiffer said:

I do believe that was what Iraq was about. Hobbit has written on this quite a bit. Though he doesn't use the term to my knowledge, it was referred to as the 'flypaper strategy' and seems to have been hugely successful, at least on that front.

Kathianne said:
I do believe that was what Iraq was about. Hobbit has written on this quite a bit. Though he doesn't use the term to my knowledge, it was referred to as the 'flypaper strategy' and seems to have been hugely successful, at least on that front.

Well, not all terrorist decided to pay visit to Iraq have continued to plan. These are the ones we must prevent from even approaching our borders. If we need to secure anything, I would suggest securing martitime take a higher priority over land based entry points.

BegToDiffer said:
Well, not all terrorist decided to pay visit to Iraq have continued to plan. These are the ones we must prevent from even approaching our borders. If we need to secure anything, I would suggest securing martitime take a higher priority over land based entry points.

I believe they are getting a hand on maritime, trucking, and trains.

OCA said:
Stopping new illegals from entering the country will not effect the economy, however deporting all current illegal immigrants would severely impact the economies of a few western agricultural states such as the 7th largest economy in the world California. Face it California goes down, America goes down.

Not to mention what it would do to green fees at every golf course in this country . I work on courses in almost every state . It is a must for the course superintendent to have someone on staff that speaks fluent Spanish . I have seen payday at some courses and the illegals are all payed in cash . Out of the hundreds of courses I have been to I have seen only one black person cutting fairways in the Palm Springs area .I told him how unusual it was to see a brother working on a golf course , he laughed and said they couldn't take the heat . There tends to be more white guys doing these jobs on the East Coast and Norhern States . But when it comes to the South and West it is mostly Mexicans that don't speak a word of English that are doing the maintenance on golf courses .

JIHADTHIS said:
Sorry, No Sale. If we truly wanted to seal the borders of this country, it could be done in a very very short amount of time. Problem is, not 1 spineless politician has the balls to do it. God forbid they alienate the Hispanic vote or some other PC nonsense...............

Can you be so kind as to give us a clue as to how you would close the US border in a very shrot amount of time?

Would that be like building the great wall of CHINA around the entire borders of the United States?

JIHADTHIS said:
But until a cohesive plan is created to do this, I haven't seen one valid reason why we won't seal the borders and put a moratorium on immigration until we get our act together............

A moratorium on immigration is like closing the barn door after the cows out.

SEAL THE BORDER? HOW????

ajwps said:
A moratorium on immigration is like closing the barn door after the cows out.

Agreed, but why continue to leave it open? Before we can clean up the mess in country, shouldn't we stop more from flowing in?

SEAL THE BORDER? HOW????

Parts of the border with Mexico are already fenced. Deploy the military or increase the number of border patrol agents. The technology is available to detect movement of people, vehicles, etc.

Most of the border with Canada can probably be guarded in the same manner (minus the fence), although it would require a larger combat air patrol. You could use UAV's for remote unpopulated areas. Like I said in another post: you don't see thousands of Canadians running into the US everyday.......

Coast Guard/Navy can keep the coasts under control.

Perfect plan? Hell no. But it's a start.

JIHADTHIS said:
Agreed, but why continue to leave it open? Before we can clean up the mess in country, shouldn't we stop more from flowing in?

Jihadthis do you realize what it would take to close the borders of the United States. No more overseas flights with tourists from around the world. (no more revenue from this very big industry). Hotels, tourist attractions, airlines closing down so many cottage industries directed to the tourists closed. This is just a start for the financial catastrophe for America and a drive to another great depression.

Parts of the border with Mexico are already fenced. Deploy the military or increase the number of border patrol agents. The technology is available to detect movement of people, vehicles, etc.

For every mode of guarding our border from immigration from our north and south neighbor borders, there are always ways to get around them. Human ingenuity is endless.

Most of the border with Canada can probably be guarded in the same manner (minus the fence), although it would require a larger combat air patrol. You could use UAV's for remote unpopulated areas. Like I said in another post: you don't see thousands of Canadians running into the US everyday.......

Not ordinary Canadians running into the US but Canadian olive skinned terrorists who have been living in our friend to the north are very busy entering and leaving our borders every day.

Coast Guard/Navy can keep the coasts under control. Perfect plan? Hell no. But it's a start.

Do you know how long our Pacific and Antlantic are? Do you think that Navy, Coast Guard, Air National Guard or citizen watchers can keep our shores from any infiltration? Sorry but this is not a start and there is no way to stop determined suicide bombers from entering our open land.

The answer is our internal intelligence sources keeping track of cells within our borders and a special law that allows rapid executions of these invaders to our land without a prolonged appeals process. These same invaders have this law in their land against our intelligence people and ordinary citizens caught on their holy soil.

This is the language that the enemy of mankind understands. As this is much easier than watching our borders, the obvious question remains. Do the citizens of America have the will and determination for this rapid depletion of the attackers amongst us?

There is advanced technology existing today that can keep track of every person in the US and I believe that, without our knowledge, is now is a part of our daily humdrum lives.

John Kerry has purchased his knee pads just today. In the case of his taking over the reigns of leadership of this country, he states he is ready to get down on his knees before the French and Germans to beg for their help as we are being blown to smithereens. Did you take note during his recent Dem acceptance speech, he gave no new ideas of how to deal with these murderes in our midst. Only that he wants to return trust to America.

What a guy...

Forum List

Back