OP ED going alright?

saveliberty

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2009
Seems like we are averaging only 23 replies per piece. The section gets top billing on the Forums section. Just curious what posters think and if anyone was reading them.

Seems like we are averaging only 23 replies per piece. The section gets top billing on the Forums section. Just curious what posters think and if anyone was reading them.
I think I have made a whole three comments on one. OP-ED to me invokes the writers personal emotions and feelings toward a subject. Thus I don't feel I am reading an OP-ED at least not the kind I am use to.

Its new and will take time and maybe we will see a more personal front put in them.

Eh, once I saw they were posted by either socks, or carpetbaggers, I had no interest. I scanned them and saw through them. I won't be drawn into them even if I find them pleasant, they have no place here.

It's a politics forum. If you want to be taken seriously here, I think you at least should have paid your dues. Other wise, to me at least, it's an obvious propaganda effort and not much else.

I don't think anyone gives a flying fig what these rookie's think, folks come here to tangle and chat w/ each other. You have to read a lot of the other old timers posts first, make intelligent analysis on them, before anyone is going to read that stuff and care. . . .

If I want to read an OP/ed of someone I don't know and haven't been having discussions with for the past couple years. . . . Well, I'd rather read this one. . . .
A Path Out of the Middle East Collapse
With Russia in Syria, a geopolitical structure that lasted four decades is in shambles. The U.S. needs a new strategy and priorities.
By
Henry A. Kissinger
Oct. 16, 2015 7:18 p.m. ET
A Path Out of the Middle East Collapse

Someone with in depth understanding or experience on the subject does make for a worthy OP ed piece. Otherwise, it just seems like a better written, less inflammatory thread, which is what the CDZ was suppose to achieve.

Why not write one, MisterBeale?

I agree with you to an extent but someone needed to take the initiative.

I am several months away before I can sit down and attempt to write anything myself.

They seem boring and pretentious

I have had really no interest. If I want boring and pretentious, I can just read a Political Chic thread

I am several months away before I can sit down and attempt to write anything myself.

Well, see, that's the thing, how do we know that multiple submissions from members weren't submitted? Who knows. I think there are lots of members that might have. The egos in the place are incredible. Once that request went up, I can't believe that lots of submissions didn't pour in.

As far as writing one myself? Sure, I have considered it. I was thinking I might. I was first going to reserve myself and see which members of the forum wrote one first. Now that I see the agenda of the administration, I am glad I didn't waste any time on it, aren't you?

I wasn't going to post anymore in this thread, I find it silly. The OP first asks for our opinions on OP-eds, so we give it to him. Then he doesn't like the opinions, so he tells us the OP-eds are just fine and dandy. Like we aren't intelligent enough to see them for what they are.

This isn't TV, we don't need someone to tell us how to think. Sheesh.

I just went in and read some

Jesus freak predicting the end of the world if we do not mend our ways...not really interested

Well, see, that's the thing, how do we know that multiple submissions from members weren't submitted? Who knows. I think there are lots of members that might have. The egos in the place are incredible. Once that request went up, I can't believe that lots of submissions didn't pour in.

As far as writing one myself? Sure, I have considered it. I was thinking I might. I was first going to reserve myself and see which members of the forum wrote one first. Now that I see the agenda of the administration, I am glad I didn't waste any time on it, aren't you?

I wasn't going to post anymore in this thread, I find it silly. The OP first asks for our opinions on OP-eds, so we give it to him. Then he doesn't like the opinions, so he tells us the OP-eds are just fine and dandy. Like we aren't intelligent enough to see them for what they are.

This isn't TV, we don't need someone to tell us how to think. Sheesh.

I don't see an agenda. I could be wrong. I see using the only thing available. Now, if you write one and it comes out all edited or under the same user name as the one posting then we will know for sure. Mayhap you can write something that is worth it for many of us on our end to respond to. Worst case scenario is you get heckled but it's no worse or better then the heckling that you get anywhere else.

I'm not trying to be a pain in your behind. I'm partial to people that read the op-eds of Kissinger and Brzezinski.

Interesting that the opinions are fairly similar. Thank you all for participating.

Forum List

Back