Oopsie. NY Times Corrects Hit Piece on Kavanaugh

Y'know, I watch both parties spike the ball over this stuff - the Dems when the accusations come out, the GOP when the accusations fall flat. I can't blame the GOP when they cram it back in the Dems' face.

But minor problem here: Now, virtually any accusation will be tainted if it doesn't have solid evidence. The accuser will be a target, because now we have to consider the possible nefarious motives of the woman.

I don't know about you, but I don't like where this is going.
Or we could just go back to the old reliable system - the one where we do not try and ruin people over allegations without proof and we do not judge those making the allegations.

I know, one can dream right????
Something tells me we're no longer capable of that kind of reason.

This is why most Americans will crawl naked over broken glass next November to vote for the guy we really don’t want as President.

They completely fabricated the entire story.

It’s all about smear.

View attachment 279531

https://www.americanthinker.com/blo...ts_outrageous_smear_of_justice_kavanaugh.html
But it wasn’t uncovered during the Ford fiasco
yes it was.
I wasn’t aware of that.
So, I’m confused...why is it being revisited?

Please and thank you
Because the reporters on this are releasing a book about Kavanauh's years in Yale.
I don't get this at all. How can they legally do that?

Y'know, I watch both parties spike the ball over this stuff - the Dems when the accusations come out, the GOP when the accusations fall flat. I can't blame the GOP when they cram it back in the Dems' face.

But minor problem here: Now, virtually any accusation will be tainted if it doesn't have solid evidence. The accuser will be a target, because now we have to consider the possible nefarious motives of the woman.

I don't know about you, but I don't like where this is going.
Or we could just go back to the old reliable system - the one where we do not try and ruin people over allegations without proof and we do not judge those making the allegations.

I know, one can dream right????
Something tells me we're no longer capable of that kind of reason.
Yeah, I remember all the slander of Democrats by Republicans in the past.

Said no one ever.

In case anyone thought our MSM still standing after the PMSNBC/Lawrence O'Donnell fiasco, The NYTimes this week kicked out the last rotting pillar beneath our 4th estate's creds. They have gone from incredibly bad to much, much worse.

And to add to the cacophony of STUPIDITY and mendacity, our Hysterical House Dems ( and some unhinged Dim Senators) are trying to ride the LIES to an impeachment of a sitting USSC justice. They don't care that it was just fake news … they want blood and they want it NOW!!!

SMH.

Ayanna Pressley just filed an impeachment resolution against Brett Kavanaugh in the House

New York Times' botched Kavanaugh story the latest in series of blunders from Opinion section - CNN

Times’ handling of Kavanaugh story draws widespread criticism

“They Played It Up Pretty Big”: Kavanaugh Turmoil Engulfs the New York Times

The New York Times faces questions over Kavanaugh story

This is why most Americans will crawl naked over broken glass next November to vote for the guy we really don’t want as President.

It’s all about smear.

View attachment 279531

https://www.americanthinker.com/blo...ts_outrageous_smear_of_justice_kavanaugh.html
yes it was.
I wasn’t aware of that.

Please and thank you
Because the reporters on this are releasing a book about Kavanauh's years in Yale.
The 'story' was never posted in the news section. It was strategically placed as though it was nothing more than an excerpt and review from the book. Remember, 'news' outlets may publish absolutely anything as referenced from someone else as long as they report it as such. They are not liable for publishing what someone else says or in this case what a book claims.

This whole thing looks like a publicity stunt to sell more books. It is backfiring as even pretty skewed outlets have recognized this whole thing as bullshit.

yes it was.
I wasn’t aware of that.

Please and thank you
The 'story' was never posted in the news section. It was strategically placed as though it was nothing more than an excerpt and review from the book. Remember, 'news' outlets may publish absolutely anything as referenced from someone else as long as they report it as such. They are not liable for publishing what someone else says or in this case what a book claims.

This whole thing looks like a publicity stunt to sell more books. It is backfiring as even pretty skewed outlets have recognized this whole thing as bullshit.
Almost every Democrat called for Kavanaugh to be impeached because of that NYT hit piece.

Not one has apologized.

Democrats want him to hang. No proof needed.
Democrats dont care if Democrats harass women, though. Or be racist.
Partisans are so fucking disingenuous with EVERYTHING. Makes me sick.

Well the GOP believe he was above reproach... No investigations needed, call the accusers liars and move on... Is that how you would treat your daughter?

GOP refused to investigate... That's it...

We don't know if he is guilty or innocent because accusations are not investigated. Therefore not by his fault he has lost his presumption of innocence.

The GOP believed the Democrats were making up a story going back 30 or so years because all it takes is an accusation to get CNN on your side. It was a last minute effort after they failed to block kavenaugh, so why anyone would believe those lying corrupt democrat bastards is pretty mind boggling. Blasey Ford couldnt remember enough to have an investigation. Her friends say they cant remember shit, so what are you supposed to investigate? Maybe Kavinaugh lied about drinking too much in college... i guess thats quite possible, and maybe some think that kind of lie should disqualify him if its so, but this is what these Democrat bullshit investigations are all about. make an accusation against a political enemy, just so you can get an investigation.. even if it goes all the way back to someones teenage years, just so you can find some other technicality that might pop up in the investigation to use against him. In this case, its all bullshit that no one can remember

Democrats want him to hang. No proof needed.
Democrats dont care if Democrats harass women, though. Or be racist.
Partisans are so fucking disingenuous with EVERYTHING. Makes me sick.

Well the GOP believe he was above reproach... No investigations needed, call the accusers liars and move on... Is that how you would treat your daughter?

GOP refused to investigate... That's it...

We don't know if he is guilty or innocent because accusations are not investigated. Therefore not by his fault he has lost his presumption of innocence.

The GOP believed the Democrats were making up a story going back 30 or so years because all it takes is an accusation to get CNN on your side. It was a last minute effort after they failed to block kavenaugh, so why anyone would believe those lying corrupt democrat bastards is pretty mind boggling. Blasey Ford couldnt remember enough to have an investigation. Her friends say they cant remember shit, so what are you supposed to investigate? Maybe Kavinaugh lied about drinking too much in college... i guess thats quite possible, and maybe some think that kind of lie should disqualify him if its so, but this is what these Democrat bullshit investigations are all about. make an accusation against a political enemy, just so you can get an investigation.. even if it goes all the way back to someones teenage years, just so you can find some other technicality that might pop up in the investigation to use against him. In this case, its all bullshit that no one can remember
Blasy Ford's own lawyer gave her up!! I laughed a bit yesterday on hearing that. hahahahaha

Blasey Ford Attorney Admits Abortion 'Motivated' Kavanaugh Accusations

yes it was.
I wasn’t aware of that.

Please and thank you

Almost every Democrat called for Kavanaugh to be impeached because of that NYT hit piece.

Not one has apologized.

Yep, they dont care about real facts. they only look for anything that will back up the way they already feel about a Privileged White guy who shouldnt be holding office in their opinion.

I wasn’t aware of that.

Please and thank you

Not one has apologized.

Yep, they dont care about real facts. they only look for anything that will back up the way they already feel about a Privileged White guy who shouldnt be holding office in their opinion.
and we don't care. fk them. I take them on daily in here. I love it.

yes it was.
I wasn’t aware of that.

Please and thank you

Not one has apologized.
And they wont. They are just going to pretend that the story is true no matter how far reaching and lacking any real proof there is.

It is all they need now.

Kavanaugh Farce Explodes In A Shower Of Radioactive Clowns.

It’s been said that history repeats itself, first as tragedy, the second time as farce. But what if the first time was farce? Does it become a radioactive clownshow?

The article left out a crucial fact that the woman “refused to discuss the incident” with the authors, and she does not recall it anything like that ever happening to her.

Want to guess who Max Stier is? Would you believe one of Bill Clinton’s impeachment lawyers? Don’t you think this might be relevant information for NYT to include in their article to judge the objectivity of the accuser?

And all that “corroboration?” Yeah, not so much:

New Kavanaugh book claims seven people back up Deborah Ramirez allegation. That’s when things get a bit silly. https://washex.am/2O8mAHp

3:17 AM - Sep 17, 2019

NEW -- NYT's @rpogrebin suggests unnamed woman in her Kavanaugh excerpt may have been too drunk to remember Kavanaugh's penis being pushed into her hand.

https://omny.fm/shows/mornings-on-the-mall/wmal-intxerview-robin-pogrebin-09-17-19 …

NYT: This woman was a victim of Kavanaugh.
Woman: I don’t remember that at all.
NYT: Pay no attention to the drunk slut.

These little setbacks didn’t stop several denizens of the Democratic Presidential clown car from calling for Kavanaugh’s impeachment based on this non-existent evidence. Almost as though it were all part of a coordinated effort:

Demand Justice, an organization founded by former members of Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign and associated with a “social welfare organization” financed by billionaire activist George Soros, has played a central role in leading activism against Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh based on a quickly deteriorating claim in a controversial New York Times article.

Demand Justice is fiscally sponsored by a nonprofit arm of the secretive, massively funded Arabella Advisors strategy company that pushes the interests of wealthy leftist donors. Arabella specializes in sponsoring countless dark money pop-up organizations designed to look like grassroots activist groups, as exposed in a recent extensive report by conservative watchdog Capital Research Center.

Within hours of the release of the questionable Times article, Demand Justice not only launched a social media campaign but used the piece to push their October 6 event to “protest this corrupt Supreme Court and demand an investigation of Kavanaugh.”
All of this lying looks like a deliberate strategy to bury real news about the original flimsy Kavanaugh accusations:

A high-school pal of Brett Kavanaugh accuser Christine Blasey Ford says in a new book that she’s skeptical of Ford’s claim the Supreme Court justice sexually assaulted her at a party in the 1980s.

“I don’t have any confidence in the story,” Leland Keyser — who Ford has said was at the party where the alleged assault occurred — told two New York Times reporters in their book “The Education of Brett Kavanaugh: An Investigation.”

“Those facts together I don’t recollect, and it just didn’t make any sense,” Keyser insisted of Ford’s account, according to authors Robin Pogrebin and Kate Kelly.​

She also said that Ford’s allies “pressured her to lie”:

We all know that the New York Slimes is part of the Fake News Democrat Party Media Complex, but seldom has their coordination been this blatant. Any lie, no matter how absurd, risible, flimsy, unsubstantiated, or obviously made up out of thin air is fair game to print as long as it smears any Republican declared a designated hate object. It’s all five minute hates, all the time.

It’s all about smear.

View attachment 279531

Whats your problem... The story is still reportable...

Personally I don't want to see these articles right now... I would leave him there and bring out the real shit when a Democrat President in office...
Exactly!

Hypocrisy: Right-Wingers Who Love It When The Babylon Bee Makes Stuff Up:
Suddenly Get Mad When The NYT Does It!

yes it was.
I wasn’t aware of that.

Please and thank you

Not one has apologized.

And no-one should.
--------------------------------------

The conservative publication PJ Media says in a headline spreading virally on Facebook that the New York Times admitted a new allegation against Justice Brett Kavanaugh is "fake news," but that is misleading.

The back-and-forth stems from a Sept. 14 report in the New York Times that contains a previously unreported accusation of sexual impropriety by Kavanaugh while a student at Yale.

After its initial reporting, the New York Times added more information to its story online and published an editor’s note explaining its decision.
No, the New York Times has not copped to pushing ‘fake news’

Last edited:
I wasn’t aware of that.

Please and thank you

Not one has apologized.

And no-one should.

The conservative publication PJ Media says in a headline spreading virally on Facebook that the New York Times admitted a new allegation against Justice Brett Kavanaugh is "fake news," but that is misleading.

The back-and-forth stems from a Sept. 14 report in the New York Times that contains a previously unreported accusation of sexual impropriety by Kavanaugh while a student at Yale.

After its initial reporting, the New York Times added more information to its story online and published an editor’s note explaining its decision.
Yes they should.

Willfully omitting the most important detail of the alleged victim was a massive and deliberate effort to paint the narrative in such a way as to smear Kavanaugh.

Essentially it was an effort to manfactuee the news rather than report it which is precisely why they were peddling fake news.

The explanation of an editorial error is a cop out.

Not only does the NYT owe an apology but the authors who wrote the book owe one as well. So far there is nothing in it but rumors and gossip. Which is fine is that is the sort of thing you wish to write but they are presenting it as some piece of scholarly biographical research which it is not.

I wasn’t aware of that.

Please and thank you

Not one has apologized.

And no-one should.

Bullshit. The claims were known and rejected because it is a second hand account where the victim does not remember the incident and is unable to be corroborated. It has been further shown that Ford pressured people to back her up in the very same book that the Times was supposedly reporting on:

"I was told behind the scenes that certain things could spread about me if I didn't comply," Keyser told the authors.

A group text recounted in the book between Ford’s friends following the hearing included discussions on how to convince Keyser to modify her story. Cheryl Amitay, a grade behind Ford at Holton, urged Keyser’s friends to talk to Keyser. “Maybe one of you guys who are friends with her can have a heart to heart,” Amitay texted. “I don’t care, frankly, how f---ed up her life is.”

Amitay called Keyser “a major stumbling block.”

Another Ford classmate, Lulu Gonella, said she was to meet with Keyser within an hour.

Another friend, a man who’d gone to Holton’s brother school, suggested making Keyser's "addictive tendencies" — the authors describe in the book her struggles with alcohol and drugs — widely known. “Perhaps it makes sense to let everyone in the public know what her condition is,” the man texted.
'Just didn't make any sense': Friend of Kavanaugh accuser Christine Blasey Ford now challenges her story

This was also in the book the times was using but somehow did not make it into their reporting. Add that to the fact they removed the most important part of the so called story, that the victim herself seemed to have no recollection of the event, and what you have is a story that is totally fabricated. Politifact tries to pass this off with a bullshit excuse:
"In conclusion, the New York Times said it did not initially publish all relevant information when it ran the article, and the omitted information may call into question the credibility of the accusation. But the Times has since added that information, and wrote an editor’s note explaining their decision."

So what if the Times finally added the pertinent information - the article itself is utter hearsay and bullshit. It gives the exact opposite impression about what was known - Ford's team was pressuring supposed witnesses and no one seems to back any of these asinine claims up. All they have is third party accounts with no details and no proof of anything. The editors note is also bullshit, oops it was just an error that we omitted the details that show this article is trash is not even remotely kosher.

And if it was just an error why should they not apologize?

I wasn’t aware of that.

Please and thank you

Not one has apologized.

And no-one should.

Wow, you impress me!
Taking on the task to spin for the NYT makes landing on Omaha Beach seem like a picnic.

Many whistleblowers coming down the pike:

If the rules were that whistleblowers had to be left-handed Lithuanian midgets who enjoyed eating pickles while wearing pink frilly dresses, you can be sure that somewhere, somehow, the Democrats would be able to dig one up. This is basically the same play they ran with Kavanaugh. When it became obvious that Christine Doctor Ford was pretty much lying her ass off, suddenly, a number of other “credible” witnesses suddenly materialized out of thin air, each one with a kinky Kavanagh story more unbelievably bizarre than the previous one, until finally they had Kavanaugh as the captain of a pirate ship doing rape runs up and down the eastern seaboard in between celebratory keggers.​

New Topics

Forum List

Back