Oops, Wisconsin DEM recall - GOP "Challenger" screwed 39% to 61% - Hilarious!

The next year or so in Wisconsin is going to be entertaining to watch.

What I find hillarious, is that the Unions led this nonsensical charge to recall GOP state senators in WI because of Scott Walkers collective bargaining law... and now there are no ads discussing the collective bargaining law. They all talk about supposed cuts to education and spending. Even the ones paid for by the unions!

Look for the Union Label . . . And You Won

So, given all the momentum organized labor built up before these recall elections, you’d think they’d use this opportunity to really punish Republicans for their “assault” on unions, right? Wouldn’t they spend their resources decrying the deep injustice Scott Walker foisted upon the middle class by making government employees contribute to their own pensions?

Well, not exactly.

In fact, with the television ad war in full swing, it appears that not a single ad is being run that addresses the collective-bargaining issue.

They are going after Sen. Alberta Darling for approving a college tuition hike of 5.5 percent (while the previous governor, Democrat Jim Doyle, increased University of Wisconsin tuition by 18.2 percent and 15.4 percent in two successive years.)

As a side note, this claim that Republicans “cut $800 million from education” is bogus — general school aids were reduced, but were replaced by the higher health-care and pension contributions required by Scott Walker’s collective-bargaining bill. The only school districts harmed were the ones who rushed back to the negotiating table to “Walker-proof” their teacher benefits, as they value teacher pension benefits more than actual teachers.

Basically, they knew that the collective bargaining issue would only get them so far, and that they'd have to switch tracks to get any more opposition to the Republicans in the state senate.

This was a recall against a Democrat, not a Republican. He held his seat.

When things get interesting is when votes go the Republicans who are targets of recall. That is put up or shut up time for the democrats

My daughter is a teacher in Wisconsin. Her wages have been frozen with the outlook for a raise slim in the next few years. Her class sizes will increase as the district is not going to replace several retirees. I tried to tell her about the american public's view of teachers...basically a total hatred of them, even the good ones. But she didnt listen. I can see having the public employees contribute, I had no problem with that. But to strip collective bargaining? No reason for it at all. As for merit pay? Why no mention of it? It should be a TOP priority now of the districts. Nice sized bonuses for a job well done seems only something mandatory if you ask me.

My daughter is a teacher in Wisconsin. Her wages have been frozen with the outlook for a raise slim in the next few years. Her class sizes will increase as the district is not going to replace several retirees. I tried to tell her about the american public's view of teachers...basically a total hatred of them, even the good ones. But she didnt listen. I can see having the public employees contribute, I had no problem with that. But to strip collective bargaining? No reason for it at all. As for merit pay? Why no mention of it? It should be a TOP priority now of the districts. Nice sized bonuses for a job well done seems only something mandatory if you ask me.

Yeah, that's how Free Enterprise works. You should get educated on it. You do a really good job, you get merit pay, bonus, etc.

Because nice sized bonuses should be weighed against the current condition of the state budget, as well as the teachers performance. There are other variables that should go into deciding a bonus besides just performance.

As for collective bargaining for public employees, I don't support public employees being able to hold the taxpayers hostage for services that we've already paid them for.

Not all Americans hate teachers. Only Republicans. They don't want an educated populace. The "educated" are more difficult to control and less likely to believe that "science" includes "mysticism". Remember Sarah and the famous teacher "eye roll"? She represents.

Not all Americans hate teachers. Only Republicans. They don't want an educated populace. The "educated" are more difficult to control and less likely to believe that "science" includes "mysticism". Remember Sarah and the famous teacher "eye roll"? She represents.

Yea, like that time Teresa Heinz said Laura Bush never had a "real job", when in fact she was a school teacher.

Laura Bush brushes aside Heinz Kerry's remarks - CNN

:eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back