oops...cain is pro choice

OK. Remain ignorant then.

Of course, you know more about the Tea Party than an original Tea Party member and others who have polled them and other Tea Party members.

As long as that works for you. :rolleyes:

I am smart enough to not fall for TP propaganda.

I judge on past actions not on promises or spin.

i agree. but "the base" does.

That's what "the left" keeps telling me, but I don't see it in my real life dealings with people.

I work with a lot of young (25 to 35 year old) conservatives, most of them really don't have strong feelings about abortion, homosexuality (read homosexual marriage) or drugs. Most of the older crowd (also conservative) that I work and associate with have stronger feelings about those issues, but not to the extent that they are deal-breakers when it comes to a president.

the average "conservative" isn't 25-35 years old. the average conservative is over 45. i would suggest to you that it might not be a deal-breaker in a general election in which 'conservatives' would only vote for the GOP candidate. but it absolutely would be in the primary... all other things being equal.

i could be wrong. but i don't think so.

I know that the age of the "average conservative" is over 35. Still, I work with a lot of conservatives aged 25-35, and a lot beyond that age group. Most of the young ones are fiscal conservatives because they have well paying jobs and are frustrated with their taxation level. Abortion isn't that big a deal to them (the younger ones).

But, the left KNOWS what our views are, Zander!

:lol:

Sure. I don't know how many have either called me a Republican or intimated that since I have some Republican friends they are wingnuts...

All from the left. But I don't have many hard left friends. Well, not here I should say. In Europe I have quite a few.

LMAO!

Thanks for the laugh of the evening.

Of course, you know more about the Tea Party than an original Tea Party member and others who have polled them and other Tea Party members.

That's not called 'smart'; it's called chronic confirmation bias.

But tell us more what our views are; it's amusing.

(And for the observant, I specifically chose the HuffPo link for that "TP propaganda"...:lol:)

Last edited:

Just look at the leaders the TP idolozes. Palin, Beck, Bachman, etc.

Are you really trying to tell me that the TP supports pro choice?
Now that is truely unbelievable.
Truely.

Last edited:
That's what "the left" keeps telling me, but I don't see it in my real life dealings with people.

I work with a lot of young (25 to 35 year old) conservatives, most of them really don't have strong feelings about abortion, homosexuality (read homosexual marriage) or drugs. Most of the older crowd (also conservative) that I work and associate with have stronger feelings about those issues, but not to the extent that they are deal-breakers when it comes to a president.

the average "conservative" isn't 25-35 years old. the average conservative is over 45. i would suggest to you that it might not be a deal-breaker in a general election in which 'conservatives' would only vote for the GOP candidate. but it absolutely would be in the primary... all other things being equal.

I know that the age of the "average conservative" is over 35. Still, I work with a lot of conservatives aged 25-35, and a lot beyond that age group. Most of the young ones are fiscal conservatives because they have well paying jobs and are frustrated with their taxation level. Abortion isn't that big a deal to them (the younger ones).

probably true. but it's sad that young people have no sense of societal obligation. tell them the tax rate is the lowest its been in 50 years and to stop whining. :)

Cain is too close to the center imo. I see a possible cabinet position, but no more.

cain's a randian extremist. he also knows nothing about foreign policy...

i love when people are so far right they can't tell what center is. :rofl:

Obama has been President for nearly three years and he still knows nothing about either foreign policy or economic policy.

Does that mean Cain has a leg up on Obama?

Immie

probably true. but it's sad that young people have no sense of societal obligation. tell them the tax rate is the lowest its been in 50 years and to stop whining. :)
Getting kicked in the shin hurts less than getting kicked in the testicles, but we still prefer to not get kicked.

But, the left KNOWS what our views are, Zander!

:lol:

as opposed to the 10,000 threads a day telling us what "the left" thinks? :eusa_whistle:
So, you're no better.

Good to know.

(The tu quoque argument goes nowhere real fast.)

oh.. i was just pointing out the obvious. i wasn't commenting on the substance of the assertion. ;)

and come on, you didn't think i wouldn't respond to you griping about that, did you?

Just look at the leaders the TP idolozes. Palin, Beck, Bachman, etc.

Are you really trying to tell me that the TP supports pro choice?
Now that is truely unbelievable.
Truely.
Beck is pro-choice.

Bachmann isn't supported too well among the Tea Party, except when she wants to cut spending. And, SHE highjacked the just Tea Party name on her own.

Same with Palin.

And, the Tea Party knows that any president can't do shit about abortion, so if a candidate is going to cut spending, they support that view.

Last edited:
Cain is too close to the center imo. I see a possible cabinet position, but no more.

Obama has been President for nearly three years and he still knows nothing about either foreign policy or economic policy.

Immie

and yet he's done a far better job than his predecessor.

go figure.

as opposed to the 10,000 threads a day telling us what "the left" thinks? :eusa_whistle:
So, you're no better.

Good to know.

(The tu quoque argument goes nowhere real fast.)

oh.. i was just pointing out the obvious. i wasn't commenting on the substance of the assertion. ;)

and come on, you didn't think i wouldn't respond to you griping about that, did you?
I can say for certain that there are a few solid Tea Partiers here. Pilgrim, CG, and I are examples. And all three of us are excellent representatives of the Tea Party.

And, surprisingly enough, all three of us have very similar views about government.

I've been to several Tea Party protests and I have been involved in helping organize them. I've also written for them. So, I'm sure I know what they are about.

Last edited:
Cain has real trouble making clear to the public his positions on issues. He's gone back and forth on Muslims in a Cain administration, he's changed so many things about his 999 plan, he's recanted his answer on a hostage exchange, he's retracted and unretracted his statement about an electrified border fence, and now he's given conflicting answers on abortion. This is the sort of thing that he's got to get under control if he wants a real shot at the nomination.

he's not a serious candidate. people should stop treating him like he is. that's the fact.

He is not JUST "a" serious candidate, he is becoming THE serious candidate.

People like you should wise up.

That's the fact.

And, oh, by the way, I detest abortion in MOST cases and especially the absurd notion that anybody is or should be entitled (as a right) to "abortion on demand." On the other hand, I can understand the argument that it is not a question within the purview of the Federal Government. On that latter, I am not convinced. But I can still easily support Mr. Cain. I am FAR from alone.

Immie

go figure.

While using Carters policies:eusa_pray::eusa_pray:

Immie

go figure.

Obama has made things much worse than Bush did for those who weren't born with silver spoons in their mouths. So, if I were you, I wouldn't be bragging.

Obama has hurt the people of this country much more than Bush did. In case you didn't know it unemployment numbers suck and are getting worse and they will continue to do so because Obama has his head up his ass.

Immie

he's not a serious candidate. people should stop treating him like he is. that's the fact.

He is not JUST "a" serious candidate, he is becoming THE serious candidate.

People like you should wise up.

That's the fact.

And, oh, by the way, I detest abortion in MOST cases and especially the absurd notion that anybody is or should be entitled (as a right) to "abortion on demand." On the other hand, I can understand the argument that it is not a question within the purview of the Federal Government. On that latter, I am not convinced. But I can still easily support Mr. Cain. I am FAR from alone.

OOOO this is like when you backed Fred Thompson........

Cains done.

You are so predictably unoriginal.

once again i ask people to consider the source of this opinion.....

The source is fucking...

I would seriously recommend taking sex seriously. Sex makes children and children are life and killing them is murder...

You think you can just screw and when you make a baby you can just kill the individual because the child gets in your way of screwing and partying???

That is so selfish it's pathetic...

You can bet 99% of those assholes fucking down in NYC will claim they're pro choice while they bitch about "greed."

What is more greedy than killing a child because the little individual is an inconvenience in your life???
you really are a dumb shit.Here let me help you, its none of your business who someone fucks or what they do with their body...

It is my business - the Constitution applies to fetus's just like it applies to me..

In what universe is it not my business??

When people are being harmed its a true Americans duty to prevent such savagery...

You're killing future Americans, a person that in 20 years will be you or me.... They have the right to live and grow...

It is their right as human beings in an alleged civilized society to live and grow...

You have no right playing God......

Forum List

Back