Ooorah!!!

There weren't any terrorists in Iraq when we invaded. Suddam's regime was an ally (before desert storm) in our efforts to subdue Middle Eastern terrorism. The reason we invaded Iraq are entirely strategic in a geo-politcal sense.

OK, now you are going too far. Iraq was NEVER an ally. We executed a very fine bit of Morganthauian Real Politick and assist (and damaged) Iraq and Iran as long as they decided to fight each other. If the Dems had kept their damned noses out of it the Gulf war prolly never would have happened. But they were never allies.

Invading Iraq had nothing to do with terrorism. And what does Sharia law have anything to do with our invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq? Nothing. 9/11 Provided the Bush administration with the best reasons for pushing their geopolitcal agenda. Bush Sr. started it, Bush Jr. got to finish it.

Wrong. It had everything to do with middle east terrorism. It had nothing in particular to do with 9/11.

There is a difference. It was obvious to anyone who has watch the ME even casually for the last 30 years what would happen if there was an invasion in Iraq. The Islamists have sent "holy" warriors to Afghanistan in 1980, to Chechnya, to Bosnia and it was only predictable that AQ would try to engage the US. This gave the US the opportunity to decisively engage AQ elements and destroy them in larger formations.

What freedoms are being protected by our invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq? Freedom to purchase oil at low prices? Freedom for oil companies to make record profits and receive government subsidies simultaneously? You've been ripped off. Not only are you paying for oil at the pump, but your taxes are paying the oil companies directly.

If you have a problem engaging countries in the ME over the availability of oil, then you need to take it up with your pal Jimmy Carter. It is part of the Carter Doctrine that the US views it as "in it's national interest" to maintain the flow of oil out of the Persian Gulf. As for the cost of it, that argument is bullshit.

We were attacked by Islamo-fascists on 9/11. Islamo-fascists exist throughout the "Muslim world." It is the mission, the duty of the US to find, fix and destroy those enemies so they can no longer mount an effort that results in a direct attack on defenseless civilians and thousands of deaths in the homeland.

Now, Bush was a pussy. In WW II when fewer than 3,000 Americans were killed, we put 16 million men under arms. We had a total population of 175 million people. Today we have nearly twice that. We should have put 32 million men under arms and squashed the Islamo-fascists immediately and paid for it with shared sacrifice from all Americans. But, we didn't do that. We acted like pussies instead.

Had a co-worker who tried to greet me with "Ooorah!" and I pointed out to her that the Marines say "Oooorah!" The Army says, "Hooah!" And in the Navy, at least the SEALS, it's "Hooyah!"

She asked, "what about the Air Force?"

I answered, "oh, them? It's Waaah!"

:salute:

Unless you're my air force son in disguise trying to throw me off, oh you're in Big Trouble dude! (taking names)

Although we are very glad to see the Zoomies when they show up in their chariots of fire, it's hard to respect the utter lack of discipline the members usually exhibit. They are almost never expected to forsake comfort for the mission. They get paid extra to do things that are de rigour for other services. All that said we do occasionally extol even the Air Force's virtues:

"SEE THE JETS GO BLAZING BY,
THE USA, WE OWN THE SKY,
SEE THE JETS GO BLAZING BYyyyyy,
IN THE EARLY MORNING RAIN
"

YOUR RIGHT Sunni and Colo nothing about murdering children in the name of religion says terrorism to me. Those pesky toddlers deserved what they got.

We used to say "Hoowah" when we were just in normal conversation. (usually half in jest). This was before the time that the Army started doing the, I guess "hoooowah" kind of noise they make now. I first encountered that at my son's graduation from Infantry OSUT. I must say, I'm not a fan.

When I was in Airborne school, it was an inter-service school. I would occasionally have headcount duty. We would have to mark down how many from each service were eating chow. In order to see if there were any Marines still in the line I would do the Marine mating call. A peculiar noise that phonetically sounds like "eye-errr-ahhh" most Army guys can't manage it, but I was convincing enough that all the Marines still in line would respond similarly giving me an idea of the headcount. :lol:

Soldiers can hold entire conversations with just the word Hooah!

1st Soldier: Hooah!
Translation: (Greetings & salutations, fellow warrior)

2nd Soldier: Hooah.
Translation: (Fuck you, I ain't in the mood for your bullshit.)

1st Soldier: Hooah?
Translation: (What crawled up your ass, crotchrot?)

2nd Soldier (pausing, hands on hips, then a shake of the head): Hooah.
Translation: (Sorry for snapping at you, I just got my ass reamed by the Old Man.)

1st Soldier (nodding head): Hooah.
Translation: I understand. What happend?

Translation: He's going to send me downrange again. This is going to be my third deployment in a row.

1st Soldier: Hooah.
Translation: Man, that's fucked up!

Translation: Yeah, tell me about it.

1st Soldier: Hooah.
Translation: The commander ought to consider the overall impact of such hasty decisions on the morale of the unit and not allow himself to be so vulnerable to the dynamics of careerism, interoffice politics and the perception that he's willing to advance his own interests at the expense of others less fortunate than him. This may stem from inadequacies he may have experienced at a younger age, perhaps he wasn't breast-fed or was breast-fed too much, and is striking back in a vain attempt to regain some measure of self-esteem that he hasn't felt since he was a toddler. These emotions usually manifest themselves at an age where he feels he needs to compete with his peers when faced with overwhelming responsibilities and the constant pressure to maintain the unattainable goal of perfection.

2nd Soldier: What the fuck did you just say?
Translation: Hooah!

I will ask again JenT

Exactly what new freedoms are we getting to enjoy here in America in exchange for the blood of thousands of U.S. soldiers and hundreds of billions of dollars?

NEW freedoms? I'd be happy if we would just protect the ones we have. As it is, even as our brave soldiers are doing that on a worldwide mission, our freedoms are being corrupted by Obamasama. It's a real heartbreak.
So we are killing supposed terrorists in other countries because our freedoms are being corrupted by Obamasama ?

No, we are killing terrorists that have targeted America and our interests solely because we do not recognize Islam as superior, obey it's laws and dare to own land (gasp).

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1b12l59lCY&feature=fvw[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea9J7HYYGdI]YouTube - Thank You Soldiers[/ame]

Last edited:
NEW freedoms? I'd be happy if we would just protect the ones we have. As it is, even as our brave soldiers are doing that on a worldwide mission, our freedoms are being corrupted by Obamasama. It's a real heartbreak.
So we are killing supposed terrorists in other countries because our freedoms are being corrupted by Obamasama ?

, obey it's laws and dare to own land (gasp).
What are you saying?? :confused:

Marines go oooohhrahhh, it dont necssarily mean anything.

it does to me!

Glad all our oooohhrahhhing men in the military are there!
We have our Marines over there killing people in their own country.

For what reason?

They were Never going to invade American soil.

Just like Vietnam

We claim these Marines are fighting for our Freedom.

What freedoms here in the U.S. are we gaining by killing Iraqies citizens in their own country?

What freedoms did we Americans gain by sacrificing 58,000 soldiers in Vietnam?

Or Korea?
Fix your avatar kaffir.

Ruling on supporting sports teams
What is the ruling on supporting sports teams?

Praise be to Allaah.
Blessings and peace be upon the Messenger of Allaah.

The Muslim should be serious in his life and keep himself busy with that for which he was created, which is the worship of Allaah alone. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And I (Allaah) created not the jinn and mankind except that they should worship Me (Alone)”[al-Dhaariyaat 51:26]

He should have nothing to do with these matters which harm him in both spiritual and worldly terms and distract him from that which is in his best interests in this world and in the Hereafter. The basic guideline concerning permissible things according to the scholars is that whatever distracts one from obligatory duties or becomes a means of committing forbidden actions; thereby becomes haraam. As for things that distract one from doing things that are mustahabb but are not a means of committing haraam actions, then they are makrooh. Whatever does not distract from either obligatory duties or mustahabb actions is permissible in principle. Whoever looks at those who support sports teams will find that they devote all their time and energy to supporting the team, and they neglect many obligatory duties, e.g., they neglect praying in congregation, they delay their prayers beyond the proper time, and other things which are no secret. If the matter reaches this level it is undoubtedly haraam. In addition, this support is accompanied by attachment of the heart, and love and hatred based on that.

it does to me!

Glad all our oooohhrahhhing men in the military are there!
We have our Marines over there killing people in their own country.

For what reason?

They were Never going to invade American soil.

Just like Vietnam

We claim these Marines are fighting for our Freedom.

What freedoms here in the U.S. are we gaining by killing Iraqies citizens in their own country?

What freedoms did we Americans gain by sacrificing 58,000 soldiers in Vietnam?

Or Korea?
Fix your avatar kaffir.

Ruling on supporting sports teams
What is the ruling on supporting sports teams?

Praise be to Allaah.
Blessings and peace be upon the Messenger of Allaah.

The Muslim should be serious in his life and keep himself busy with that for which he was created, which is the worship of Allaah alone. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And I (Allaah) created not the jinn and mankind except that they should worship Me (Alone)”[al-Dhaariyaat 51:26]

He should have nothing to do with these matters which harm him in both spiritual and worldly terms and distract him from that which is in his best interests in this world and in the Hereafter. The basic guideline concerning permissible things according to the scholars is that whatever distracts one from obligatory duties or becomes a means of committing forbidden actions; thereby becomes haraam. As for things that distract one from doing things that are mustahabb but are not a means of committing haraam actions, then they are makrooh. Whatever does not distract from either obligatory duties or mustahabb actions is permissible in principle. Whoever looks at those who support sports teams will find that they devote all their time and energy to supporting the team, and they neglect many obligatory duties, e.g., they neglect praying in congregation, they delay their prayers beyond the proper time, and other things which are no secret. If the matter reaches this level it is undoubtedly haraam. In addition, this support is accompanied by attachment of the heart, and love and hatred based on that.

shock.gif

What's the equivelant of Muslim nuns? I bet they're reaching for their rulers

Commanding the Right & Forbidding the Wrong

all muslims are tasked to be nuns to kill if need be.

INTIMIDATION

q5.7 The sixth degree is threatening and intimidation, such as by saying, "Stop this or I'll-"; and when possible this should precede actually hitting the person. The rule for this level is not to make a threat that one cannot carry out, such as saying "or I'll seize your house," or "take you wife hostage," because if one says this seriously, it is unlawful, and if not serious, then one is lying.

ASSAULT

q5.8 The seventh degree is to directly hit or kick the person, or similar measures that do not involve weapons. This is permissible for private individuals provided it is necessary, and that one confines oneself to the minimum needed to stop the reprehensible action and nothing more. When the action has been stopped, one refrains from doing anything further.

FORCE OF ARMS

q5.9 The eighth degree is when one is unable to censure the act by oneself and requires the armed assistance of others. Sometimes the person being reproved may also get people to assist him, and a skirmish may ensue, so the soundest legal opinion is that this degree requires authorization from the caliph (def : o25). since it leads to strife and the outbreak of civil discord. Another view is that there is no need for caliph's permission.

'Umdat as-Salik wa 'Uddat an-Nasik

Page 602
“it is offensive to conduct a military expedition against hostile non-Muslims without the caliph’s permission,” but “if there is no caliph, no permission is required.”

“’When it is possible to achieve…an aim by lying but not telling the truth, it is permissible to lie if the goal is permissible, and it is obligatory to lie if the goal is obligatory.

LOL facts are usually cut and pasteable.

Your friend deals in opinions, not facts.

By the way, I wouldn't be showing my face in any thread related to Islam for a while if I were you. :lol:

Forum List

Back