ooops. Cop kills cop.

NYPD police officer killed by cop - CNN.com

It is surely a tough job. The absolute knowledge of when to use deadly force is required. Of course, by the logic of "how could he have known?", "what, do you expect him to be a mind reader?", this killing is not only acceptable, it's good police work.

It was bound to happen. How's a cop supposed to tell a good cop from a bad cop?..they all look alike.

• Banned
NYPD police officer killed by cop - CNN.com

It is surely a tough job. The absolute knowledge of when to use deadly force is required. Of course, by the logic of "how could he have known?", "what, do you expect him to be a mind reader?", this killing is not only acceptable, it's good police work.

It was bound to happen. How's a cop supposed to tell a good cop from a bad cop?..they all look alike.

Well, the thing is, running from the police is NEVER acceptable. We have learned that a mentally disabled child has to know that or he suffers the consequences. How is it that a cop doesn't understand the same thing? Terrible accident or did the cop get what he deserved for not knowing that people who run from the cops get dealt with?

yep! what do you expect from anarchists???? I told you the left cheered when bad things happen to cops.

• Banned
yep! what do you expect from anarchists???? I told you the left cheered when bad things happen to cops.

You know better. The conflicted logic here is not invisible to you.

I am just as concerned with the lack of restraint here as in the case of a child.

Point is, no one is here saying the cop that was running away deserved it, nor is anyone here defending the cop that shot him as "just doing his job".

For some, as this demonstrates, it isn;t about what they claim it to be, it isn't about the procedure, the use of force, the rightness/wrongness. It all depends on who gets killed.

Come on, babe. Spell it out.

In both cases, the force was justifiable in the judgement of the officer on the scene. Both had unintended consequences.

Actually, the officer doing the shooting might have actually intended to kill the off duty cop, not knowing who he was.

I don't need to state the obvious, that is, what you would say if the off-duty cop were not a cop, now, do i?

Come on, babe. Spell it out.

In both cases, the force was justifiable in the judgement of the officer on the scene. Both had unintended consequences.

Actually, the officer doing the shooting might have actually intended to kill the off duty cop, not knowing who he was.

What I want to know is did the running cop deserve it? Do we apply the same standard to a cop in that situation as a 16 year old, learning disabled child? Are the cops parents at fault for not teaching him any better? Was he guilty? People who run from the cops are guilty of something, right? Did he just make a mistake? Maybe he just didn't think, despite all his knowledge, that running away from cops was a bad idea. maybe he didn't think he would be injured, much less killed.

So what's the story?

Two people, running from cops. Two people killed by cops.

Where are all the people that should be here telling us that the cop who ran did himslef in? Can you say it? Can you say that he made the mistake by running?

Neither of them deserved to die. But they did.

Is that the answer you are looking for? Or do you want some situational judgement for shooting the off-duty cop as opposed to the kid?

Why don't you tell us what your resolution to this problem is then?

Neither of them deserved to die. But they did.

Is that the answer you are looking for? Or do you want some situational judgement for shooting the off-duty cop as opposed to the kid?

Who made the wrong decision that led to each death? Is it the running away part? That's what everyone was leaning on before. Must be something going on. It's ok to make judgements on people running away. Right? Scared? That's no excuse. Retarded? No excuse.

Was this officer justified to use force? To shoot at a man because he was running. Running for a reason unknown to him. Just a guy running. Maybe he even had a gun. He was cop, after all.

Why don't you tell us what your resolution to this problem is then?

My resolution is the same in both cases. Neither cop, the one that tasered the kid, nor the one that shot another cop, is fit to be a police officer. Being a cop is a lot like being a surgeon. You don't get to fuck up. Some jobs are just like that. If you do, you are responsible. You don't taser unarmed kids and you don't shoot at unidentified subjects running down the street. This isn't even brain surgery.

Forum List

Back