OOOoooPs. Bye Bye St. Louis.

hey! maybe BLACKWATER can offer a private enterprise solution to recently fired cops, you goddamn fools! Or hey.. we can ALWAYS go back the the Ben Franklin days of only putting out fires if dues paying members are current with club payment.

goddamn fools.

Oh I see this is the union's fault?

Not a failure of the BANKSTERS monetary policies, and not a failure of the government which encourages millions of jobs to go offshore.

No the whole problem is unions.

Jesus! ~ you guys are damned fools.

wait? what? a deal is offered to save their jobs, the union refuses and somehow it ISN'T their fault? You're the fool here.

cut some more taxes and starve another community resource, you damn fool. Clearly, cops and fire fighters should do their jobs for free since assholes like you can rationalize a lower cost of their danger-infused service from the comfort of your keyboard.

That was a muddled mess, and I'm not entirely sure what you meant. BUT allow me to retort.

I spent 22 years risking my life everyday in the service of my country, so I know risk, yet if at anytime some dumb shit would have suggested I should just go ahead and lose my job rather than take a pay cut I would have laughed in his face.

wait? what? a deal is offered to save their jobs, the union refuses and somehow it ISN'T their fault? You're the fool here.

cut some more taxes and starve another community resource, you damn fool. Clearly, cops and fire fighters should do their jobs for free since assholes like you can rationalize a lower cost of their danger-infused service from the comfort of your keyboard.

That was a muddled mess, and I'm not entirely sure what you meant. BUT allow me to retort.

I spent 22 years risking my life everyday in the service of my country, so I know risk, yet if at anytime some dumb shit would have suggested I should just go ahead and lose my job rather than take a pay cut I would have laughed in his face.

and you are a liar and/or fucking fool to suggest that you'd have done dangerous work without the kind of compensation you can get working in an office. I realize that you are allowed a large facade of bravery on the internet but SAYING you'd have taken cut wages and feeding your fucking kids with half compensation are two different things. As it is, you denigrate every cop and fireman who has chosen, themselves, to be represented by a union which looks out for their interest.

way to go you fucking scrub. Maybe you can shit on a dead cop the next time you want to complain about taxes.

and you are a liar and/or fucking fool to suggest that you'd have done dangerous work without the kind of compensation you can get working in an office. I realize that you are allowed a large facade of bravery on the internet but SAYING you'd have taken cut wages and feeding your fucking kids with half compensation are two different things. As it is, you denigrate every cop and fireman who has chosen, themselves, to be represented by a union which looks out for their interest.

way to go you fucking scrub. Maybe you can shit on a dead cop the next time you want to complain about taxes.

A) I was in the military, you don't go on strike from the military and B) Anyone with an ounce of common sense realizes that half a paycheck is better than NO paycheck.

and yes, unions are garbage, and should be outlawed for civil employees, teachers, fireman, policeman. All unions do is cause problems. Amazingly here in Arkansas we have right to work and you never read stories of civil employees being laid off over wages. Why because there is no union to fuck things up.

Interesting. The Conservative posters here seem to be advocating paying Police and Firefighters less as a solution.

Plan to run on that in the fall?

A) I was in the military, you don't go on strike from the military and B) Anyone with an ounce of common sense realizes that half a paycheck is better than NO paycheck.

and yes, unions are garbage, and should be outlawed for civil employees, teachers, fireman, policeman. All unions do is cause problems. Amazingly here in Arkansas we have right to work and you never read stories of civil employees being laid off over wages. Why because there is no union to fuck things up.

A) Make sure you write in and tell uncle sam to remove combat pay while getting shot at since a bare minimum income is, apparently, always better than no pay

B) go tell it to the front line, you disingenuous piece of lazy-boy General piece of shit.

I see your comprehension of the law in THIS thread is about as impressive as your notion of the law in the NYC mosque thread. Likewise, in my opinion, every day YOU should be forced to eat a frozen dog turd. I guess it's a good thing we have laws instead of your opinion to function on, eh dick cheese?

oh.. ARKANSAS... :lol:

right. now it makes sense.

:thup:

Interesting. The Conservative posters here seem to be advocating paying Police and Firefighters less as a solution.

oh well, you know, according to cornhole a cop should just be glad to pull a minimum wage (until a conservative takes on THAT platform too, that is) paycheck while being shot at. You know, fire burns a minimum wage employee just like it does a salaried firefighter too.

Can I get a link to anyone who advocated that paying police or fireman is an ideal solution? You ever tried making a budget for anything that has to do with unions. I sit on a school board and I can tell you that every time the budget comes up, the union is front and center wanting to make sure teachers wages not only stay the same but go up, even if that means buying less books, or fewer supplies, or any other thing which the children need, luckily in Arkansas our unions are pretty weak, but where they aren't well ..............

So what would be your proposal, keep all city employees at full wage until the city collapsed into bankruptcy? WHo does that help?

I haven't seen an entire budget proposal, but I'm willing to bet money that pay for fireman and policeman was neither the first or only cut proposed.

So what would be your proposal, keep all city employees at full wage until the city collapsed into bankruptcy? WHo does that help?

If they are critical to city functions, then you find a way to pay for them. Raise taxes if you must, cut bureaucracy, streamline outside contracts, lower supply costs, etc.

If you want quality public service, you need quality public servants. If you won't pay them what they deserve, they'll go someplace else or do something else. Its that simple.

If they are critical to city functions, then you find a way to pay for them. Raise taxes if you must, cut bureaucracy, streamline outside contracts, lower supply costs, etc.

If you want quality public service, you need quality public servants. If you won't pay them what they deserve, they'll go someplace else or do something else. Its that simple.

I don't disagree with any of that. What I do disagree with is a union refusing a contract causing their employees to lose their jobs and then complaining that it wasn't their fault.

By the way, a city can't just raise taxes, it must be approved by the voters.

I don't disagree with any of that. What I do disagree with is a union refusing a contract causing their employees to lose their jobs and then complaining that it wasn't their fault.

By the way, a city can't just raise taxes, it must be approved by the voters.

The Union is made up of people. Those people told the City that a pay cut was unacceptable. That leaves the city with a choice: Fire those people critical to providing important public services, or find a way to pay for it.

They made a decision to fire people.

I can understand where the people are coming from. Once you open the door to letting the city balance the budget on the backs of Firefighters and Policemen (who aren't paid that great to begin with) then the city will continue to do so whenever times are tough.

And to your point about taxes: most communities can pass mill taxes, sales taxes, or other forms of tax revenues that have a specified destination. I should know as we seem to pass a new tax to support Fire and Police services every ballot to head off this kind of issue. If the people refuse to support taxes to pay for public services, then they have no one to blame but themselves when the public services deteriorate.

This is 100% Unions Fault. Everyone else has to suck it up in this economy. Government employees make 60% more than the private sector. If these asswipes want to strike then let them. I don't care if Blackwater takes over police & fire. I am just sick of government union & their tax payer backed pension funds. Fuck'em all!!!

This is 100% Unions Fault. Everyone else has to suck it up in this economy. Government employees make 60% more than the private sector. If these asswipes want to strike then let them. I don't care if Blackwater takes over police & fire. I am just sick of government union & their tax payer backed pension funds. Fuck'em all!!!

You should say exactly this, not one word less, when you call for help as your house is burning. Or as someone is breaking into your home. Or when someone steals your car. Or when terrorists attack your community. Or when you send your kids to school.

Again, if you want quality public service, you have to be willing to invest money in it.

Last edited:

You should say exactly this, not one word less, when you call for help as your house is burning. Or as someone is breaking into your home. Or when someone steals your car. Or when terrorists attack your community. Or when you send your kids to school.

Again, if you want quality public service, you have to be willing to invest money in it.

Wow, first of all. I just looked at the crime rates in East St Louis, and yeah the cops there aren't doing a very good job at all.

Crime East Saint Louis National average
Murder 101.9 5.6
Rape 251.3 32.2
Robbery 1,347.0 195.4
Assault 5,847.3 340.1
Burglary 2,442.8 814.5
Automobile theft 2,067.5 526.5

Second of all, the median wage in East St Louis is $26,083. I can't imagine the average LEO in that city was making less than $30K a year, although I can't find the stats to prove it. So they aren't exactly at the bottom of the barrel in town.

Wow, first of all. I just looked at the crime rates in East St Louis, and yeah the cops there aren't doing a very good job at all.

I'm not willing to argue that. And to be honest I don't have a solution for it. But I do know that paying the cops less or reducing the number on the streets wouldn't have been the first way I went at the problem.

East St. Louis is a city with a whole lot of problems. This certainly won't help the situation.

I'm not willing to argue that. And to be honest I don't have a solution for it. But I do know that paying the cops less or reducing the number on the streets wouldn't have been the first way I went at the problem.

East St. Louis is a city with a whole lot of problems. This certainly won't help the situation.

Quite frankly, there is no hope for East St Louis. It is beyond a shithole. I'm a big guy, and have training and carry a weapon with me at all times and I hesitate to cross that bridge when I'm in St Louis, and if my family is with me I don't even consider it.

Why is it rather than actually look at the discretionary spending in their budgets, they always ax the police force? Seriously? Am I the only one who thinks th is is stupid?

Why is it rather than actually look at the discretionary spending in their budgets, they always ax the police force? Seriously? Am I the only one who thinks th is is stupid?

Have you ever been to East St Louis? I doubt they have much of a discretionary budget.

However, police and fireman aren't the only ones losing jobs over this. Public works officials and administrators are also losing their positions. All this because they unions were asked to concede to taking 2 unpaid days off a month per employee? I'm pretty sure I'd rather take 2 unpaid days off a month than lose my job altogether.

New Topics

Forum List

Back