OOOoooPs. Bye Bye St. Louis.

Yep. Just read the article. City offered fire and police unions a deal that would cut their pay and benefits a bit, but save their jobs. Unions refused.

In a non-union world, the slackest of those officers would have been fired years ago. New recruits would replace them (read, lower salaried new recruits) and the budget wouldn't be strained as much.

Union labor destroys an economy. OSHA and Labor Laws have made the need for unions extinct.

This is not the first time this has happened. This is East St. Louis in communist Illinois which is across the Mississippi River from St. Louis, Missouri. That hell hole lost their entire city hall, police & fire department in a lawsuit before.

The state of Illinois is crashing like a wingless plane.

I suppose Obama took all his hope and change with him when he left, because when Obama was in Illinois the streets were paved in gold and children plucked chocolate gumdrops and cash from the trees.

The state of Illinois is crashing like a wingless plane.

I suppose Obama took all his hope and change with him when he left, because when Obama was in Illinois the streets were paved in gold and children plucked chocolate gumdrops and cash from the trees.

They love to pluck cash from others trees. Try driving through the Illinois with out of state tags. Money will get plucked from your tree.

Oh I see this is the union's fault?

Not a failure of the BANKSTERS monetary policies, and not a failure of the government which encourages millions of jobs to go offshore.

No the whole problem is unions.

Jesus! ~ you guys are damned fools.

E. St. Louis has always been a shit hole, this just makes it worse. Amirite?

I couldn't find the Steely Dan version, but this one actually sounds more interesting. I love Ragtime!:
[youtube]q6LmSj26RRc[/youtube]

east st louis IS a shit hole. however, it's laughable that the same ole same ole will cry their usual canard about unions.

Not a failure of the BANKSTERS monetary policies, and not a failure of the government which encourages millions of jobs to go offshore.

wait? what? a deal is offered to save their jobs, the union refuses and somehow it ISN'T their fault? You're the fool here.

wait? what? a deal is offered to save their jobs, the union refuses and somehow it ISN'T their fault? You're the fool here.

cut some more taxes and starve another community resource, you damn fool. Clearly, cops and fire fighters should do their jobs for free since assholes like you can rationalize a lower cost of their danger-infused service from the comfort of your keyboard.

cut some more taxes and starve another community resource, you damn fool. Clearly, cops and fire fighters should do their jobs for free since assholes like you can rationalize a lower cost of their danger-infused service from the comfort of your keyboard.

What's that Beavis?

Your right. Fire and Police are the last people i want to see cut out of the budget. They provide a service to EVERYONE.

I would be VERY happy to see every and all social services totally eliminated to balance the budget.

But that being said, i would rather take a pay cut then lose my job. I would rather work then do what the unions tells me to do.

Last edited:

Yes, yes he is. the fool

Forum List

Back