OOOHHH, I'm so angry...

Moi

Sep 2, 2003
The ONLY GOOD place
that I just made 4 typos on the above sentence!!!!

On Friday evening, I was notified of an emergency meeting at my son's school. He's three so obviously it's a private preschool. It's a great one and costs $. Be that as it may, around here, it's par for the course of the level- it's not a nursery or day care, it's an actual school with a curriculum, homework, etc. I say this not to brag but to set the stage that I pay for this, no ordinary school.

All's well and good except that over the past 5 months, two of his teachers left. One was fired because she couldn't get along with the other teachers (whatever that means) and the other left one day because her husband was transferred to California. We just dropped our son off and the teacher said good bye to us...one day! Anyway, they get another teacher in Dec/Jan. She's quite good although I'd never say warm. But okay...you have to expect a certain amount of regimentation.

Oh yes, back to the meeting today. Get there to find out new teacher is now leaving...on Wed! All parents are concerned that with only a month or so left of school this will disrupt our little one's lives. Well, they've just brought in another teacher - one with no experience but highly qualified (whatever that means). She seems nice and the lead teacher is continuing. Meeting continues with lots of grumbling from parents about all this upheavel in their kids' lives, etc. Lots of hemming and apologizing from the director of the school. Lots of crying from the departing teacher as she tells us she has to leave because her fiance is transferrred out of state and, of course, she's going with him. One person asks (before it came out about Wed.) when she would be leaving...she tearfully tells us that it's Wed. and proceeds to tell us that she thought about staying for a couple of weeks to see out the school year but, get this, her fiance said "I can't believe you are choosing your job over being with me!"

I find it difficult to believe that one's company gives you three days to move out of state, I find it difficult to believe that any man would actually not recognize the responsibility one owes to one's employer and giving notice and seeing out a school term and, I find it difficult that in this day and age any man would actually believe, let alone say, that!

Am I the only woman on earth that, if given the chance, would slap the shit out of that jerk?

Knowing me you'd think I wouldn't have held my tongue but I did. That poor girl doesn't need me butting in. However, I say a little prayer for her tonight because any man that would say that is going to be weilding power and threats over this girl for the rest of their lives together. May heaven help their children and their children's wives.

Moi - I had heard about this meeting. First, I think the way the set up of the meeting was done WRONG! you don't have parents notified on Friday that there is a meeting on Monday! usually a memo goes out. That's besides the point, but I thought I would bring that up.

I agree with you about the situation, but I have lived this myself to a sense. One, I chose my Son over the attention of my Husband, now you tell me, selfish or not selfish? Two - I quit a job and I thought a GOOD job because I was told to and that things would be taken care of - well, just in those 2 things alone, I have truly learned! Someone that loves you enough, understands the situation and knowing with the little time left of school, would stand by the person and not even think about a statement like that, rather, finish up the year first! but, that's today for you! sorry guys! just see a lot of this, suppose living it, I can't help to feel this way.

Moi, while I understand your concern, if the school is going to let her go with three days' notice, that's on the school. The school then gets to live with the consequences of enrollment, given their less-than-stable faculty. But I do hope that your son is OK with the new teacher for the next few weeks. In fact, I would imagine some of the kids will find it to be an adventure to have a new teacher... maybe?

IF she's giving in to this guy's demands before marriage - her life will become pure hell afterwards!! And so much for the so-called "dedication" of some of these teachers - most of them are in it for the salary!

Originally posted by gop_jeff
Moi, while I understand your concern, if the school is going to let her go with three days' notice, that's on the school. The school then gets to live with the consequences of enrollment, given their less-than-stable faculty. But I do hope that your son is OK with the new teacher for the next few weeks. In fact, I would imagine some of the kids will find it to be an adventure to have a new teacher... maybe?
Well, since slavery has been outlawed, there is nothing the school can do. You cannot force someone to work in this country. I can't fault the school at all. They are reacting the best they can given that this teacher gave them no notice.

My main problem is that she's letting this guy guilt her into leaving when she knows her responsibilities to the school and children dictate that she see the year out. She thinks so little of herself and her obligations.

I find that the ultimate in pathetic. Especially since, given that dynamic, things rarely work out for the best.

Moi,

I definately am with you in that I too disagree with this and would have wanted to slap the shit out of that guy.

Some men are so insecure that its beyond pathetic (ok, guys, I hear you - YES SOME WOMEN ARE TOO). In any situation where such insecurity reigns supreme, there can NEVER be any equality in the marriage and 1 adult always ends up being a combination parent/victim of a control freak. That combination is NOT conducive to anything productive, and in my opinion, divorce is immenent.

Been there, done that.

Its such a shame that your child as well as the other children that attend this school have to be effected by the insecurity of one person.

Im sorry that youre having to deal with this.

Thanks all. I'm over my anger. I know my son will be fine...he's the best little kid in the world and very resilient to change. It's just a shame that some people's work ethic stinks to the point where it affects kids. I wouldn't even do that to my employer and I don't work in an industry that people's lives are affected to that degree.

Forum List

Back