Oooh ...

Another Flame Zone ... only this time toward my favorite people *sarcasm* ...

I will open the first non-Rush one with ....

... how much "American False Gods" is ruining American culture and how they are helping to dumb down the US. I think it's about the only reason Obama was popular and won the election, because people are basing all their choices on factors that these people on this show win for: Appearance, Speech, and Controversy.

Any ideas or comments?

Much truth is what you say, but recall that McCain was ahead prior to the financial meltdown. Americans were angry, and the GOP was in power, so they had to be punished.

I am surprised that President Obama still has high poll numbers, around 65%. Time will tell if the same anger will reverse Dem fortunes.

It takes about as long to reverse again as it did this time. And the time before. And the time before.

Another Flame Zone ... only this time toward my favorite people *sarcasm* ...

I will open the first non-Rush one with ....

... how much "American False Gods" is ruining American culture and how they are helping to dumb down the US. I think it's about the only reason Obama was popular and won the election, because people are basing all their choices on factors that these people on this show win for: Appearance, Speech, and Controversy.

Any ideas or comments?

Much truth is what you say, but recall that McCain was ahead prior to the financial meltdown. Americans were angry, and the GOP was in power, so they had to be punished.

I am surprised that President Obama still has high poll numbers, around 65%. Time will tell if the same anger will reverse Dem fortunes.

While true, many of us independent voters wouldn't have let that sway our choices, party affiliation means little to the educated thinkers. I believe McCains failure in getting our votes had to do more with who he chose for VP, which made us question what his other choices may be if he had won. The fence sitters though I believe only chose Obama to "follow the popular crowd", as sad as that sounds. Fence sitters tend not to think much about what's possible, otherwise race would have been much closer because McCain had a lot of good answers. Again though, his showing what he picks for positions in government does say a lot about him, and was the only reason I, myself, abstained from voting completely this time around.

Fact is, I haven't voted "for" anyone since Ronald Reagan. Every vote after that was a vote "against".

While true, many of us independent voters wouldn't have let that sway our choices, party affiliation means little to the educated thinkers. I believe McCains failure in getting our votes had to do more with who he chose for VP, which made us question what his other choices may be if he had won. The fence sitters though I believe only chose Obama to "follow the popular crowd", as sad as that sounds. Fence sitters tend not to think much about what's possible, otherwise race would have been much closer because McCain had a lot of good answers. Again though, his showing what he picks for positions in government does say a lot about him, and was the only reason I, myself, abstained from voting completely this time around.

Fact is, I haven't voted "for" anyone since Ronald Reagan. Every vote after that was a vote "against".

Aaaw ... an angle I forgot.

A lot of words to say something very stupid.

Independents are not fence sitters, again, use more than just the one brain cell left in your puny head once in awhile. Not going to explain it all over again.

Now I'm a fence sitter? Wow.

I've voted in every Presidential election but one since I have been old enough to vote. Hardly sitting on the fence.

Independents are not fence sitters, again, use more than just the one brain cell left in your puny head once in awhile. Not going to explain it all over again.

I've voted in every Presidential election but one since I have been old enough to vote. Hardly sitting on the fence.

Um ... huh?

There's nothing independnet about you... you're an athiest who likes to pretend that atheism has some means to connect to sound reasoning; thus your most closely held beliefs adhere to that which you otherwise indicate that you stand against.

Atheism rests in Left-think... You will always, as all atheists MUST, return home to your ideological mother, which is secularism and secularism rejects the principles on which freedom rest. You like to think of yourself as an enigma, independent of the traditional reasoning. You're a child of the left and you'll never stray far from Momma.

Had you voted, you would have voted for Hussein... You didn't vote because you COULD NOT MAKE A CHOICE between the 'moderate' leftism advanced by McCain and the radical leftism advanced by Hussein; and this is born out in your stated denigration of PALIN...

I voted for PALIN... who happened to be the only American running; Palin represented the best chance to advance policy which defends the bed-rock principles on which America rests.

See the problem ya have here? You CLAIM to be an 'independent', while you CLEARLY oppossed PALIN who represented the only discernable distinction between the two Presidential Candidates... THUS you CHOSE to NOT VOTE FOR McCAIN, AS YOU'VE STATED: BECAUSE HE CHOSE PALIN AS HE VP... You made a choice sis... you CHOSE TO SIT ON THE FENCE AND NOT VOTE; and in so doing to lend the advantage, to the dgree that you were able, TO THE HARDCORE SECULAR LEFT.

Now my gut tells me that you did vote and that ya voted for Hussein... but that's conjecture based upon the information garnered from your writing here on this board; a judgment call which I advance as nothing beyond my own personal opinion.

You've not explained it at all, so 'again' is hardly even possible, let alone something you're choosing to avoid repeating. You're CHOOSING, to AVOID EXPLAINING IT AT ALL; and this is because there is no means TO EXPLAIN IT. The very NOTION of an independent is to say that one is tolerant of good ideas and bad ideas and not tied to any basis in reasoning which requires BAD IDEAS be REJECTED.

There is NO IDEA, born of LEFT-THINK which can inevitably SERVE GOOD. NONE... NADA... ZILCH... PERIOD... And as always, you're encouraged to produce a valid contest which would show SOME IDEA or another which is born of Left-think that you 'feel' must inevitably result in GOOD. Which you'll of course fail to do, while projecting some rationalization that ya already have, or that the unstated evidence is overwhelming, or some other 'everyone knows' ad populum farce...

Let me help you out here. Being an independent voter means neither party can blindly count on my vote. They have to earn it. It isn't sitting on any damned fence I DO vote. It's not selling ny vote blindly to a political party since neither represent me.

That was real easy to explain and took half the words you did to say it couldn't be done.

Um ... huh?

Is this your PI act? Did he not say independents are fence sitters? Keep up, wench ...

Um ... huh?

Is this your PI act? Did he not say independents are fence sitters? Keep up, wench ...

Yeah .. but it looked like you were responding to me with that ... which confused me because I was the one that said independent voters are not fence sitters ...

Let's see now. The so-called independents usually vote for the guy who:

* Opposes a woman's right to chose
* Favours the death penalty
* Supports lower taxes for the wealthy
* Loves to see young men go to war
* Blames the nation's problems on the removal of prayer from public schools
* Opposes government national health care
* Quote Rush Limpdick

Gee it seems to me that thiose Independents are a lot like Conservatives

* Quote Rush Limpdick

1) That's a retarded generalization.

2) No one wants the USA to be a pussified extension of Canada except sissies like you........

Pubicus ... you may enjoy being a mindless drone, but stop trying to insult us who like to think for ourselves. Seriously, all you are doing is making yourself look like a fool, considering I started this thread by saying Obama was only voted in because of his pop culture style, and yet you still have to find some lame excuse or completely fabricate one to attack someone just because they don't agree with you on many of your very corrupt ideals.

Kitty... your expressing the obvious, which is a point that Americans were making LONG before the idiots that voted FOR Hussein and the idiots that failed to VOTE AGAINST HUSSEIN: PUT HIM IN OFFICE, IN NO WAY is illustrative of your fair and adequate contest of the MARXIST MUSLIM.

You've stated that ya didn't vote for Hussein because he was a populist and ya didn't vote for Mccain because he chose an American VP... in effect McCain wasn't left enough for ya... SO... it should be pretty obvious for most folks to see where I'm coming from here.

You're a leftist... and while you're a dumbass, you're one of the brighter dumbasses and even YOU can see the handwriting on the wall and ya want to put some distance between you and this flaming administration... Hell, before long there won't be enough people who will cop to having EVER supported this jackass, sufficient to get a poker game goin'...

So to borrow a phrase from a leftist legend: 'It's the LEFTISM Stupid...'

Last edited:

Um ... huh?

I said Independents are fence-sitters... Meaning that 'idependents' can't choose a SIDE. Now check me if I'm wrong gunny... but if the Fence is running down the middle and one can't choose a side... where is one prone to sit?

Of course, the thing that irritates me about 'independents' is how they just feel it's not 'wise' to pick a side... As if there is a choice...

There's nothing honorable or worthy within the principle-less idiocy of the ideological left Gunny... So what keeps you from just standing up and declaring yourself as a proud and unambiguous member of the Shirts?

Totally, 100% silly viewing pleasure.. :rofl:

... you may enjoy being a mindless drone, but stop trying to insult us who like to think for ourselves. Seriously, all you are doing is making yourself look like a fool, considering I started this thread by saying Obama was only voted in because of his pop culture style, and yet you still have to find some lame excuse or completely fabricate one to attack someone just because they don't agree with you on many of your very corrupt ideals.

You know you're just wasting your time on him/her, right? :lol: I know I know... aren't we all doing the same...

Totally, 100% silly viewing pleasure.. :rofl:

... you may enjoy being a mindless drone, but stop trying to insult us who like to think for ourselves. Seriously, all you are doing is making yourself look like a fool, considering I started this thread by saying Obama was only voted in because of his pop culture style, and yet you still have to find some lame excuse or completely fabricate one to attack someone just because they don't agree with you on many of your very corrupt ideals.

You know you're just wasting your time on him/her, right? :lol: I know I know... aren't we all doing the same...

It's fun to see how many big words he will type to say so little. According to psychologists it's a sign of low self esteem, but meh, I don't care if he has low self esteem or not, he's funny.

I don't buy the argument that media leads people astray. People easily lead themselves astray. The Obama campaign was one of the best run in history and that fact points to why he still has high rating. The transition and the first (?) days are going smoothly too. Republican policies have failed since Reagan, Bush Jr merely put the coffin in the ground. All this whining needs to be turned to that mirror republicans seem to avoid so well.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." Richard Feynman

* Quote Rush Limpdick

Nice generalization. Does that mean ALL Canadians are nothing but baiting trolls that run away the second they get hammered with facts?

Or is it just you?

I don't buy the argument that media leads people astray. People easily lead themselves astray. The Obama campaign was one of the best run in history and that fact points to why he still has high rating. The transition and the first (?) days are going smoothly too. Republican policies have failed since Reagan, Bush Jr merely put the coffin in the ground. All this whining needs to be turned to that mirror republicans seem to avoid so well.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." Richard Feynman

You can disagree, but something certainly led YOU astray. Look at the garbage you posted. The only part you got almost right is that Obama ran a better campaign than McCain because HE AND/OR HIS CAMPAIGN STAFF KNEW HOW TO EXPLOIT THE MEDIA, and the media knows how to lead the people.

When this all rolls back around and people get as sick of the Dems as they did the GOP in th eusual cyclical fashion, PLEASE be here still.:eusa_pray:

Not that you won't have an excuse book so thick War and Peace will look like a Louis L'Amour novel.:eusa_eh:

You can disagree, but something certainly led YOU astray. Look at the garbage you posted. The only part you got almost right is that Obama ran a better campaign than McCain because HE AND/OR HIS CAMPAIGN STAFF KNEW HOW TO EXPLOIT THE MEDIA, and the media knows how to lead the people.

When this all rolls back around and people get as sick of the Dems as they did the GOP in th eusual cyclical fashion, PLEASE be here still.:eusa_pray:

Not that you won't have an excuse book so thick War and Peace will look like a Louis L'Amour novel.:eusa_eh:
yup
these things go in cycles
we just have to hope this cycle wont be as long as the last dem controled congress

Forum List

Back