Ontario modernizes the OPP by hiring a man who has been a cop since 1967

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
No wonder our allies don't trust us. This guy has been a cop longer than the head of FBI has been alive. He probably remembers the "good old days" when he could take a Billy Club to someones head in the middle of the street and citizens would rush by with their heads down.

Yes, like our Horse and Buggy economy, this is Canada, and specifically Ontario...

Ontario names Toronto police Supt. Ronald Taverner new OPP commissioner

“With over 50 years’ experience, Ron brings the support of front-line officers, community leaders and our respected law enforcement professionals. We will be well served by an officer who has dedicated his life to making our communities a safer place to live.”

Toronto Police Chief Mark Saunders said Taverner leaves behind “a legacy so rich in community service.”

“He will be missed by members of the service and citizens of Toronto,” Saunders said. “I wish him every success as he begins a new chapter with the Ontario Provincial Police.”

Mike McCormack, the president of the Toronto Police Association, said Taverner is a “huge asset for the people of Ontario.”

Last edited:
giphy.gif

No wonder our allies don't trust us. This guy has been a cop longer than the head of FBI has been alive. He probably remembers the "good old days" when he could take a Billy Club to someones head in the middle of the street and citizens would rush by with their heads down.

Yes, like our Horse and Buggy economy, this is Canada, and specifically Ontario...

“With over 50 years’ experience, Ron brings the support of front-line officers, community leaders and our respected law enforcement professionals. We will be well served by an officer who has dedicated his life to making our communities a safer place to live.”

Toronto Police Chief Mark Saunders said Taverner leaves behind “a legacy so rich in community service.”

“He will be missed by members of the service and citizens of Toronto,” Saunders said. “I wish him every success as he begins a new chapter with the Ontario Provincial Police.”

Mike McCormack, the president of the Toronto Police Association, said Taverner is a “huge asset for the people of Ontario.”

As someone who is old enough to remember life 50 years ago, please be assured that cops COULD NOT beat anyone with billy clubs without charges being filed in 1968.

Stop posting lies about Canada.

Damn nigga, you really hate Canada

Seriously. How can you hate the country where you grew up, which paid for your education, and provided you with a very good living. The reality is that I don't think Shocked Canadian is a Canadian at all. His ignorance on how things work in Canada, even while claiming to have "insider information" as to the abuses of CSIS and the RCMP, against ordinary Canadians is ridiculous.

He reminds me of the guy who sat filthy, in rags, begging outside the Supreme Court offices in Toronto, with a sandwich board outlining how the government had totally screwed him over and ruined his life.

Seriously. How can you hate the country where you grew up, which paid for your education, and provided you with a very good living. The reality is that I don't think Shocked Canadian is a Canadian at all. His ignorance on how things work in Canada, even while claiming to have "insider information" as to the abuses of CSIS and the RCMP, against ordinary Canadians is ridiculous.

He reminds me of the guy who sat filthy, in rags, begging outside the Supreme Court offices in Toronto, with a sandwich board outlining how the government had totally screwed him over and ruined his life.

You have no clue what I've been through and I've been suspicious of you from start so don't think for a second you're fooling anyone.

Good news though, this dinosaur and the asscrack who hired him are now under investigation by the Integrity Commissioner. 51 Year clown who's been collecting dust at the Toronto Police Services and who just happens to be pals with Doug Ford, is chosen to lead the OPP. Typical Canadian nepotism, rewarding the lowest performer because he's willing to shine Doug Fords shoes.

I'm tired of these Neo Cons in Canada destroying our reputation.

Forum List

Back