Ontario makes anti-abortion protesting a CRIMINAL OFFENSE.

When protesting turns into outright harrassment - preventing people from accessing the places they are trying to go...then yes.

How are they being PREVENTED from entering the building?? THINK

About time the kooks were required to respect other people's liberty. After all, the loons can still obsess 150m away from various facilities.
So I guess ewe don’t agree with free speech!
Does your right to free speech include harassment and obstruction?
So you are against BLM, ANTIFA obstructing and impeding traffic on the freeways and highways and roads? Right?
Yup

So what are we going to do about state laws that force abortion patients to interact with anti-abortion types and attend propaganda "counseling" by unlicensed "counselors" dedicated to a certain ideology at off-site offices as a condition to having the procedure and/or to submit to unnecessary physical procedures (and pay for them) before exercising their rights? Gun buyers wouldn't put up with this.

So what are we going to do about state laws that force abortion patients to interact with anti-abortion types and attend propaganda "counseling" by unlicensed "counselors" dedicated to a certain ideology at off-site offices as a condition to having the procedure and/or to submit to unnecessary physical procedures (and pay for them) before exercising their rights? Gun buyers wouldn't put up with this.

And they shouldn't. Gun buyers have an explicit constitutional right to own a gun.

This may be a badly-worded law in the nation directly to the north of us. But I guess many of the posters on this thread are trying to say that anyone is fair game for harassment right up to the front door. Pro-choice folks and LGBTs might want to do the same things as the anti-abortion protesters do, say at the entrances of anti-abortion and anti-LGBT churches and gun shows, the NRA headquarters, the offices of focus on the family in D.C. It's all "game on," right?

That's about right. It's called free speech. BTW - if you want to carry anti-gun signs at a gun show, go right ahead. HAHA

I don't like those state laws either but still - there is no constitutional right to abortion. I realize the SC says there is but they made that up. Show us where the constitution says or even implies anything about abortion.

I don't like those state laws either but still - there is no constitutional right to abortion. I realize the SC says there is but they made that up. Show us where the constitution says or even implies anything about abortion.

Yes, there is a constitutional right to have an abortion.

Liberals love censorship.

New law: If Ontario doesn’t like what you say, you’re going to jail

March 7, 2018 (ARPA Canada) – A new law took effect in Ontario last month. It is now an offence, punishable by punitive fines and prison, to "attempt to advise or persuade" someone to refrain from having an abortion, or to "attempt to inform a person concerning issues related to abortion services", or to "attempt to perform an act of disapproval [of abortion]" in any way, if the attempt is made within 50m (or up to 150m) of an abortion clinic. 'Access zones' can also be created around hospitals and pharmacies by regulation, up to 150m in every direction.

Informing? Persuading? Disapproving? Imagine, "You're under arrest for attempted persuasion..." It is also an offence to "persistently request", by any means and in any place, that an Ontario abortion provider "refrain from providing abortion services", no matter how peaceful or polite your requests

Liar.

The law does not make "antiabortion protesting a criminal offense". It creates a zone where you are not allowed to shove your views down another person's throat. Outside of that small area you can scream and rant as much as you want.
Oooh...an "idea free zone". Libs love them some free zones...where it's so free..of them.

So show us where the constitution says or even implies anything about abortion?

So show us where the constitution says or even implies anything about abortion?

Line of SCOTUS First Amendment cases. Line of SCOTUS cases on privacy. Line of cases on religious freedom. Read up, and not from notes from the Jack's Garage School of Law.

Any government that can't guarantee the physical sovereignty of its citizens is not legitimate.

Line of SCOTUS First Amendment cases. Line of SCOTUS cases on privacy. Line of cases on religious freedom. Read up, and not from notes from the Jack's Garage School of Law.

I asked for where the constitution says or implies anything about abortion. All you point to is other scotus rulings.!!!

th

Which do progressives think will speak louder to politicians, law enforcement, colleges, and other organizations?

Conservatives and independents withdrawing their support from the politicians, law enforcement, colleges, and other organizations because of the bull crap protests of ANTIFA, BLM, Occupy, etc,... or ANTIFA, BLM, Occupy, etc,... members?

Does anyone wonder why Trump won and didn't have to spend anywhere near what Hillary did?

We're sorry sir/ma'am but because of your support and/or inactive support, by turning a blind eye, to the recent activities in my area I feel uncomfortable providing my support of your campaign/agenda.

I'm perfectly fine with progressives spending five to ten times what their political opponent spends trying to win an election because of the BS and Berkeley can go to hell in a hand basket.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Why are you talking about the US first Amendment? It doesn’t apply in Canada. Anti-abortion protests come under the heading of hate speech and that’s illegal in Canada.

About time the kooks were required to respect other people's liberty. After all, the loons can still obsess 150m away from various facilities.

We expect to be free from anti abortion speech on the way to a women’s health centre.

You have no such right in the United States.

This is Canada where decent citizens are allowed to go to the doctor in peace.

We expect to be free from anti abortion speech on the way to a women’s health centre.

You have no such right in the United States.

This is Canada where decent citizens are allowed to go to the doctor in peace.

Fine. Stay there. Please.

Forum List

Back