only the best people- part the infinity

del

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2008
on a one way cul-de-sac
remember trumps voter fraud commission? the one that had to be disbanded because they couldn't find any voter fraud? well, the clown that ran it, kris kobach, secretary of state for kansas, was in court recently to defend his state's voter fraud law, which is his baby.

it didn't go well.

TOPEKA-A federal judge has struck down a Kansas voter citizenship law that Secretary of State Kris Kobach had personally defended.

Judge Julie Robinson also ordered Kobach, who is seeking the Republican nomination for governor, to take more hours of continuing legal education after he was found in contempt and was frequently chided during the trial over missteps.

In an 118-page ruling Monday, Robinson ordered a halt to the state’s requirement that people provide proof of citizenship in order to register to vote. The decision holds the potential to make registration easier as the August and November elections approach.

Robinson’s ruling amounted to a takedown of the law that Kobach had championed and lawmakers approved several years ago. She found that it “disproportionately impacts duly qualified registration applicants, while only nominally preventing noncitizen voter registration.”

Read more here: Judge strikes down Kansas voter law, orders Kobach to take classes

http://media.kansascity.com/livegraphics/2018/pdf/Kobach-ruling.pdf

Judge Keeps Correcting Kobach Lawyers On Trial Procedure

How A Blown Deadline Has Haunted Kobach In His Voting Law Trial

apparently, people who binge watch law and order know more about litigating a case than old chris, another one of trump's *best people*

tick, tock

How does it impact legit voters?
I would guess that presenting the necessary paperwork to provide prove of citizenship was deemed an undue hassle for people, relative to people who are in fact not allowed to vote but actually are known to register. The argument is, if putting up extra legal requirements to be able to vote is in proportion to the perceived threat. This judge said no.

I would guess that presenting the necessary paperwork to provide prove of citizenship was deemed an undue hassle for people, relative to people who are in fact not allowed to vote but actually are known to register. The argument is, if putting up extra legal requirements to be able to vote is in proportion to the perceived threat. This judge said no.
Like how .01% of gun owners are criminals? That sorta thing?
Lets be honest, considering the long list of accepted ids, no one is getting "hassled"

Lets be honest, considering the long list of accepted ids, no one is getting "hassled"
In the case of gun ownership and me accepting the .01 number I could still claim that .01 percent of the populace is a significant enough number to kill enough people to be considered a serious public safety issue.
-Just producing an ID isn't enough, several states for instance allow illegal immigrants to get one even. I'm guessing and this is the word guessing since I didn't read the ruling that in some cases a person probably needs a birth certificate and I know from experience that those can take a while to produce if you get them across state lines.

In the case of gun ownership and me accepting the .01 number I could still claim that .01 percent of the populace is a significant enough number to kill enough people to be considered a serious public safety issue.
-Just producing an ID isn't enough, several states for instance allow illegal immigrants to get one even. I'm guessing and this is the word guessing since I didn't read the ruling that in some cases a person probably needs a birth certificate and I know from experience that those can take a while to produce if you get them across state lines.
Indeed it is.
If you're a registered voter, bring one of these to the polls:
Driver's License, Nondriver ID Card, Concealed Carry Handgun License, U.S. Passport, Government Employee ID, U.S. Military ID, Kansas College ID, Government Public Assistance ID or Indian Tribe ID.
Got voter ID?
Wanna know the best part? If you dont have an id, you can get one FREE.

Indeed it is.
Driver's License, Nondriver ID Card, Concealed Carry Handgun License, U.S. Passport, Government Employee ID, U.S. Military ID, Kansas College ID, Government Public Assistance ID or Indian Tribe ID.
Got voter ID?
In essence for a lot of people, especially the poorest only 3 are possible. The drivers's licence, Government public assistance card and the non-driver ID. So my question is does everybody know? If they know, how easy is it to obtain them. I can for instance imagine, that someone who doesn't have a car thinks of it as a hassle to go to wherever you need to go for this non-driver ID. And is voter fraud so big of a problem that it justifies that people who would have otherwise voted, won't vote because of the extra burden? Again you asked the question, I gave you what I think are the grounds for the ruling.

Why are cons against gun registration? It doesn’t effect your gun rights .

By the way. Unlike voter fraud , we actually have a real problem with gun crime .

The judge seems to disagree with you.

Indeed it is.
Got voter ID?
Harley, this isn't about voter ID. It is about Citizenship ID! A birth Certificate is the only way I know to prove citizenship. I'm betting that wouldn't be good enough either, since they are plenty easy to fake. So if a BC is iffy, a lot of legit voters could be denied in the shuffle out of sheer suspicions of fakery. I see no other choice for the judge.

Indeed it is.
Got voter ID?

What do you show to get one if you don’t already have one ?

If you are in East bum fuck Kansas, how do you get one of these things ?

Indeed it is.
Got voter ID?
Harley, this isn't about voter ID. It is about Citizenship ID! A birth Certificate is the only way I know to prove citizenship. I'm betting that wouldn't be good enough either, since they are plenty easy to fake. So if a BC is iffy, a lot of legit voters could be denied in the shuffle out of sheer suspicions of fakery. I see no other choice for the judge.

You don’t have to be born in the US to be a citizen .

Indeed it is.
Got voter ID?

You don’t have to be born in the US to be a citizen .
Gadzooks, Timmy! I didn't even think of that. All I thought about is What would I do....Glad you set me straight.

They disagreed with me about japanese internment as well.

Indeed it is.
Got voter ID?
There are many ids they could have used when they went to vote. I posted a list a few posts back.

That was before my time, but that was a disgusting mark in American history. I wonder why Trump is doing something so similar to that now.

Indeed it is.
Got voter ID?
There are many ids they could have used when they went to vote. I posted a list a few posts back.

The courts aren’t stupid . They can see the attempts of voter suppression.

For example . Gramps shows a an expired drivers license and is turned away . Why ??? The guy doesn’t drive cause he’s old . Still has his picture on the id .

I’ll tell you why . Old man wh an expired drivers lic is more likely to be. Democrat .

That was before my time, but that was a disgusting mark in American history. I wonder why Trump is doing something so similar to that now.
The big difference, and its YUGE is, they arent american citizens

Forum List

Back