Only six U.S. Air Force B-1 heavy bombers ready for combat

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
3968981-1024x684.jpg

But it’s not as bad as that makes it appear to be.

The (Air Force) Magazine provides a statement from senator stating that of the 61 heavy bombers, 15 are in depot maintenance and 39 aircraft are down for inspections or other issues.

They’ve been around since the 80s and get almost as much work as the even older BUFF.

More @ Only six U.S. Air Force B-1 heavy bombers ready for combat – Defence Blog

you're always posting threads like this--according to you, our military sucks
worse than Guatemala's/etc

What the hell are you talking about?

I can't provide information about our military without you finding the negative in it?

In spite of all the shortcomings - mostly created by 8 years of Obozo - we still have the best military on the face of this earth.

I can't provide information about our military without you finding the negative in it?

In spite of all the shortcomings - mostly created by 8 years of Obozo - we still have the best military on the face of this earth.

The real question is of the 39 down for inspection and other issues, how many would be availible in 24-48 hours if the shit hit the fan.

The real question is of the 39 down for inspection and other issues, how many would be availible in 24-48 hours if the shit hit the fan.

Our aircraft crews are miracle workers. I bet that every one of them needed for any mission would be in the air when the time came.

.....I just looked over a bunch of your threads--a lot of them are negative about the US military

You can almost sense in a nasty conflict that much of our equipment may be used up. This can go nuke pretty fast. All the trillions stolen by greed and incompetence. In an age where we can not produce like we did in WW2. We outspend much of the world on defense and are so corrupted for it.

.....I just looked over a bunch of your threads--a lot of them are negative about the US military

Posting threads with negative information anout the military in no way reflects that I am anti-military.
I proudly served for 23 years and, in that time, I looked out for anything that was wrong that needed fixing.
I love those who serve and want nothing more than for them to have the best possible environment and support.

Posting threads with negative information anout the military in no way reflects that I am anti-military.
I proudly served for 23 years and, in that time, I looked out for anything that was wrong that needed fixing.
I love those who serve and want nothing more than for them to have the best possible environment and support.

I proudly served for 5 years but I was in for over 20. Be honest.

On the B-1, it's on the chopping block. It's within 4 years of being out of service completely. Parts are starting to get scarce and expensive. It's flying more than it was anticipated. You can expect it's going to be grounded and not flight ready as much as it once was and it's going to get even worse. The Bone flies missions that are hard on any bird. They fly it like friggin fighter and load it down like a cargo plane. When it's serviceable, there is NO bomber more scarier to the enemy than a Bone. But it's days are numbered. All Proud Birds come to the same end sooner rather than later. Well, except the Buff.

Forum List

Back