Only Republicans are allowed to have Ethnic Backgrounds

SpidermanTuba

Rookie
May 7, 2004
New Orleans, Louisiana
"ALITO: Senator, I tried to in my opening statement, I tried to provide a little picture of who I am as a human being and how my background and my experiences have shaped me and brought me to this point. ... And that's why I went into that in my opening statement. Because when a case comes before me involving, let's say, someone who is an immigrant -- and we get an awful lot of immigration cases and naturalization cases -- I can't help but think of my own ancestors, because it wasn't that long ago when they were in that position. [...] "

Scalia, Alito Quotes Blunt Conservative Attacks On Sotomayor

Apparently its OK for a republican to recognize his background can influence his judicial decisions - but not a democrat.

big surprise

guess what, Scalia thinks that judges make policy. "Even if the policy making capacity of judges were limited to courts of last resort, that would only prove that the announce clause fails strict scrutiny" (same link)

I guess scalia is a liberal scumbag.

You know what - the people who come up with talking points for Republicans - they are total and complete hypocrites.

"ALITO: Senator, I tried to in my opening statement, I tried to provide a little picture of who I am as a human being and how my background and my experiences have shaped me and brought me to this point. ... And that's why I went into that in my opening statement. Because when a case comes before me involving, let's say, someone who is an immigrant -- and we get an awful lot of immigration cases and naturalization cases -- I can't help but think of my own ancestors, because it wasn't that long ago when they were in that position. [...] "

Apparently its OK for a republican to recognize his background can influence his judicial decisions - but not a democrat.

big surprise

guess what, Scalia thinks that judges make policy. "Even if the policy making capacity of judges were limited to courts of last resort, that would only prove that the announce clause fails strict scrutiny" (same link)

You know what - the people who come up with talking points for Republicans - they are total and complete hypocrites.

gee, what an original and interesting post. thanks for sharing your tremendous insight.

big surprise

These white people will deny that it is racism when 10% of our population (blacks) make up 90% of our prison population, when 90% of the judges are white. Agreed?

But, they will claim that this hispanic judge will show favoratizm towards other latino's???

Is that an admission?

big surprise

gee, what an original and interesting post. thanks for sharing your tremendous insight.

And thanks for your typical reply, which didn't add anything to the discussion. If you have no opinion either way, why say anything?

Do Republicans really think you are funny? Funny like Dennis Miller funny? :lol:

big surprise

These white people will deny that it is racism when 10% of our population (blacks) make up 90% of our prison population, when 90% of the judges are white. Agreed?

But, they will claim that this hispanic judge will show favoratizm towards other latino's???

Is that an admission?

no

big surprise

And thanks for your typical reply, which didn't add anything to the discussion. If you have no opinion either way, why say anything?

Do Republicans really think you are funny? Funny like Dennis Miller funny? :lol:

i don't know, bozo, i never asked any.
i think you're extraordinarily funny, if that matters.

big surprise

Is that an admission?

no

To me the statistics prove that white judges are racist. Why else do blacks get harsher sentences? The whites have more money and better lawyers? Racism!!! Unfair!!!

And you can't tell me that a lot of white judges don't look down on blacks that are put in front of them. Arrogant pricks.

Have you ever gone in front of a judge? They suck ass!!! Judgemental mother fuckers. LOL.

PS. It is also shown that blacks are harder on blacks and latino judges are harder on hispanics because they want to prove that they are being fair. So often times, the reverse happens. They are tougher on their brothers and sisters. But they are also fair, which white judges are not. Statistics prove that. And what else can you go off of other than statistics?

Don't go with what is in your heart. Not everyone thinks like you.

• Banned

Is that an admission?

no

To me the statistics prove that white judges are racist. Why else do blacks get harsher sentences? The whites have more money and better lawyers? Racism!!! Unfair!!!

And you can't tell me that a lot of white judges don't look down on blacks that are put in front of them. Arrogant pricks.

Have you ever gone in front of a judge? They suck ass!!! Judgemental mother fuckers. LOL.

PS. It is also shown that blacks are harder on blacks and latino judges are harder on hispanics because they want to prove that they are being fair. So often times, the reverse happens. They are tougher on their brothers and sisters. But they are also fair, which white judges are not. Statistics prove that. And what else can you go off of other than statistics?

Don't go with what is in your heart. Not everyone thinks like you.

Blacks almost universally get harsher sentences for identical crimes - but I'm sure a Republican could figure out a way to make it look like this is a result of blacks being racist, not whites - at least to the sheeple that follow Rush and the like.

more lies from spiderman....

they umbrage taken is NOT with the ethnic background, it is with her claim that her ethnic background will or should more often than not give her the ability to make better conclusions or decisions than white males

i am not at all surprised by your lies, many on the left are desperatately trying to spin this as being solely about ethnicity when in fact it is about superiority of one ethnicity over another.

more lies from spiderman....

they umbrage taken is NOT with the ethnic background, it is with her claim that her ethnic background will or should more often than not give her the ability to make better conclusions or decisions than white males

i am not at all surprised by your lies, many on the left are desperatately trying to spin this as being solely about ethnicity when in fact it is about superiority of one ethnicity over another.

We didn't bring this up, you guys did.

Or you are making more out of something that was said than you should.

She will have a different perspective because of where she came from.

I'm sick of old white dudes ruining this country. And I didn't misspell that word.

... it is about superiority of one ethnicity over another.

No it isn't. Seriously guys, where do you come up with this shit?

I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn't lived that life."

sotomayor was directly contradicting justice sandra day o conner's comment about equality of decision making:

The accusations are aimed at comments Sotomayor made during a 2001 lecture at the University of California-Berkeley. Referring to former Justice Sandra Day O'Connor's saying that "a wise old man and wise old woman will reach the same conclusion in deciding cases," Sotomayor said, "I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn't lived that life."

Newt Gingrich on Twitter: Sonia Sotomayor 'Racist', Should Withdraw - ABC News

Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) acknowledged that a filibuster was not a realistic option to stop Alito's confirmation....The DEMS had their chance and drilled the hell out of Alito, as they should. This is the job of the Senate. Those that don't take this process serious (from either party) need to step down. At the end of the day, I believe the Republicans will confirm her and not try to filibuster.

Note...it took month(s) to confirm Alito, compared to the short time table Obama is looking to have Sotomayor confirmed. Perhaps, Obama might learn something from the Senate’s vetting process. Obama has had some major errors in the recent past with his appointments such as … Ron Kirk ($10k tax issues -confirmed) Tim Geithner ($30k tax issues confirmed and is now over the IRS), Tom Daschle ($100k tax issue – withdrawn), Nancy Killefer ($1k tax issue –withdrawn), Bill Richardson (Under Federal Investigation – withdrawn) The 2nd appointed Secretary of Commerce after Richardson was Judd Gregg (after a few months left the position)…Based on Obama’s record alone, questioning Sotomayor’s record is a must.

As of today, I have really only seen one Republican speak his mind on this subject and that’s Newt Gingrich. You said:“You know what - the people who come up with talking points for Republicans - they are total and complete hypocrites.” I guess you forgot how bad the DEM’s beat the hell out of Miguel Estrada (appointed by G.W.Bush) or what came up about Alberto Gonzales. So who’s the hypocrites?

Forum List

Back