The true living God

kjw47

Gold Member
Oct 22, 2013
upstate NY
Undeniable facts of Israelite true God worship history--- From Moses on up until this very day, teach, serve and worship-a single being God-YHVH(Jehovah)--The God taught to Jesus and every bible writer. These facts prove no capitol G God belongs in the last line of John 1:1. Error to mislead all who listen into breaking Gods #1 commandment daily. Jesus and Paul and Peter and John all teach--Jesus has a God, his Father- John 20:17, Rev 3:12--- 2Cor 1:3, 1Cor 8:6, 1Cor 15:24-28---1Peter 1:3, --Rev 1:6
Trinity translations teach 2 different Gods--the single being God= Father is correct. 1Cor 8:6, John 17:3
John 15:20-21--Jesus warned all, on account of his name they wouldn't know the true God= Father-- It takes believing Jesus and the facts that back it.

Undeniable facts of Israelite true God worship history--- From Moses on up until this very day, teach, serve and worship-a single being God-YHVH(Jehovah)--The God taught to Jesus and every bible writer. These facts prove no capitol G God belongs in the last line of John 1:1. Error to mislead all who listen into breaking Gods #1 commandment daily. Jesus and Paul and Peter and John all teach--Jesus has a God, his Father- John 20:17, Rev 3:12--- 2Cor 1:3, 1Cor 8:6, 1Cor 15:24-28---1Peter 1:3, --Rev 1:6
Trinity translations teach 2 different Gods--the single being God= Father is correct. 1Cor 8:6, John 17:3
John 15:20-21--Jesus warned all, on account of his name they wouldn't know the true God= Father-- It takes believing Jesus and the facts that back it.
Sorry, your facts have no facts behind them. The Bible quotes itself to prove itself.

I can deny it. The Moses and the original Israelites practiced Monolatrism, a form of polytheism:

Some historians have argued that ancient Israel originally practiced a form of monolatry or henotheism.[7] Both Frank Eakin, Jr. and John Scullion believe Moses was a monolatrist rather than a monotheist,[8][9] and John Day suggests that angels are what became of the other gods once monotheism took over Israel.[10]John McKenzie has stated: "In the ancient Near East the existence of divine beings was universally accepted without questions. ... The question was not whether there is only one elohim, but whether there is any elohim like Yahweh."[11]

Some scholars claim the Torah (Pentateuch) shows evidence of monolatry in some passages. The argument is normally based on references to other gods, such as the "gods of the Egyptians" in the Book of Exodus (Exodus 12:12). The Egyptians are also attributed powers that suggest the existence of their gods; in Exodus 7:11-13, after Aaron transforms his staff into a snake, Pharaoh's sorcerers do likewise. In the ancient Near East, magic was generally believed to exist,[12] though the Israelites viewed magic as being malign in origin and were forbidden from it. With regard to miracle and prophecy, the Bible commands the Israelites not to follow false prophets (those who compromise the law) and not to refrain from putting them to death.[13] The miracles of false prophets are, like those of the Egyptian sorcerers, regarded by the Israelites as a divine test to see if the Israelites "love the LORD [their] God with all [their] heart and with all [their] soul".

The Ten Commandments have been interpreted by some as evidence that the Israelites originally practiced monolatry.[14] Exodus 20:3 reads "Thou shalt have no other gods before me", (Hebrew:י),[ and they argue that the addition of "before me" at the end of the commandment indicates that not only other gods may exist but that they may be respected and worshiped so long as less than Yahweh.

There is evidence that the Israelites before the Babylonian captivity in the 6th century BCE did not adhere to monotheism. Much of this evidence comes from the Bible itself, which records that many Israelites chose to worship foreign gods and idols rather than Yahweh.[16]

During the 8th century BCE, the monotheistic worship of Yahweh in Israel was in competition with many other cults, described by the Yahwist faction collectively as Baals. The oldest books of the Hebrew Bible reflect this competition, as in the books of Hosea and Nahum, whose authors lament the "apostasy" of the people of Israel and threaten them with the wrath of God if they do not give up their polytheistic cults.[17][18]

Dear kjw47
You bring up two different issues.
May I please ask your help to address
and resolve both of these as equally important points

Matthew 28:19
“Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit:”

First can we agree on these terms "Father, Son, Holy Spirit"

John 10:29-30
29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all;
and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
30 I and my Father are one.

Secondly, can we agree on this Scripture where Jesus/Yeshua
states both things as true at the same time:
both the FATHER IS GREATER and thus DISTINCT from the Son
AND THE SON AND THE FATHER ARE ONE.

Can we agree it not either/or, it is not "2 different Gods"
but the Son is still ONE with the Father (ie of ONE authority)
while the Father is still distinct and GREATER as SUPREME.

Jesus as Justice and Yeshua meaning Salvation
are still MANIFESTING YHVW SELF-EXISTENT AUTHORITY OF LAW
and DIVINE/UNIVERSAL "Justice with Mercy" which is the meaning
of "Jesus and the Holy Spirit"

If we don't agree on calling the Father "God" or "YHVH"
and don't agree on "Jesus/Yeshua"
can we agree on the terms
Father, Son, HolySpirit (instead of "Trinity")

Are these clearly distinct while there is only
ONE SUPREME AUTHORITY?

If we can agree on those terms, I'd like to go further
to discuss JUSTICE and SALVATION as the meaning of
and role of "Jesus/Yeshua" in manifesting
DIVINE LAW/TRUTH from the UNIVERSE/UNIVERSAL CREATOR/YHVH

Sorry, your facts have no facts behind them. The Bible quotes itself to prove itself.

Here are the real teachings of Jesus and 3 bible writers-- Jesus at John 20:17, Rev 3:12--(Paul at 2Cor 1:3,, 1Cor 15:24-28,, 1 Cor 8:6--(Peter-1Peter 1:3--(John at Rev 1:6-- All teach--Jesus has a God his Father. The facts of reality. The capitol G God in the last line of John 1:1 is the error. It makes your translations teach 2 different gods.

I can deny it. The Moses and the original Israelites practiced Monolatrism, a form of polytheism:

Some historians have argued that ancient Israel originally practiced a form of monolatry or henotheism.[7] Both Frank Eakin, Jr. and John Scullion believe Moses was a monolatrist rather than a monotheist,[8][9] and John Day suggests that angels are what became of the other gods once monotheism took over Israel.[10]John McKenzie has stated: "In the ancient Near East the existence of divine beings was universally accepted without questions. ... The question was not whether there is only one elohim, but whether there is any elohim like Yahweh."[11]

Some scholars claim the Torah (Pentateuch) shows evidence of monolatry in some passages. The argument is normally based on references to other gods, such as the "gods of the Egyptians" in the Book of Exodus (Exodus 12:12). The Egyptians are also attributed powers that suggest the existence of their gods; in Exodus 7:11-13, after Aaron transforms his staff into a snake, Pharaoh's sorcerers do likewise. In the ancient Near East, magic was generally believed to exist,[12] though the Israelites viewed magic as being malign in origin and were forbidden from it. With regard to miracle and prophecy, the Bible commands the Israelites not to follow false prophets (those who compromise the law) and not to refrain from putting them to death.[13] The miracles of false prophets are, like those of the Egyptian sorcerers, regarded by the Israelites as a divine test to see if the Israelites "love the LORD [their] God with all [their] heart and with all [their] soul".

The Ten Commandments have been interpreted by some as evidence that the Israelites originally practiced monolatry.[14] Exodus 20:3 reads "Thou shalt have no other gods before me", (Hebrew:י),[ and they argue that the addition of "before me" at the end of the commandment indicates that not only other gods may exist but that they may be respected and worshiped so long as less than Yahweh.

There is evidence that the Israelites before the Babylonian captivity in the 6th century BCE did not adhere to monotheism. Much of this evidence comes from the Bible itself, which records that many Israelites chose to worship foreign gods and idols rather than Yahweh.[16]

During the 8th century BCE, the monotheistic worship of Yahweh in Israel was in competition with many other cults, described by the Yahwist faction collectively as Baals. The oldest books of the Hebrew Bible reflect this competition, as in the books of Hosea and Nahum, whose authors lament the "apostasy" of the people of Israel and threaten them with the wrath of God if they do not give up their polytheistic cults.[17][18]

Actually those other gods are false made up gods-they do not exist. It is satan posing as those gods. Yet billions give them worship.

Dear kjw47
You bring up two different issues.
May I please ask your help to address
and resolve both of these as equally important points

Matthew 28:19
“Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit:”

First can we agree on these terms "Father, Son, Holy Spirit"

John 10:29-30
29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all;
and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
30 I and my Father are one.

Secondly, can we agree on this Scripture where Jesus/Yeshua
states both things as true at the same time:
both the FATHER IS GREATER and thus DISTINCT from the Son
AND THE SON AND THE FATHER ARE ONE.

Can we agree it not either/or, it is not "2 different Gods"
but the Son is still ONE with the Father (ie of ONE authority)
while the Father is still distinct and GREATER as SUPREME.

Jesus as Justice and Yeshua meaning Salvation
are still MANIFESTING YHVW SELF-EXISTENT AUTHORITY OF LAW
and DIVINE/UNIVERSAL "Justice with Mercy" which is the meaning
of "Jesus and the Holy Spirit"

If we don't agree on calling the Father "God" or "YHVH"
and don't agree on "Jesus/Yeshua"
can we agree on the terms
Father, Son, HolySpirit (instead of "Trinity")

Are these clearly distinct while there is only
ONE SUPREME AUTHORITY?

If we can agree on those terms, I'd like to go further
to discuss JUSTICE and SALVATION as the meaning of
and role of "Jesus/Yeshua" in manifesting
DIVINE LAW/TRUTH from the UNIVERSE/UNIVERSAL CREATOR/YHVH

Yes the 3 are in union as all true followers are as well--The living now 24/7, 365 doing Jesus' Fathers will( John 5:30) Matthew 7:21)-- That is how all become one as Jesus taught would be by his true followers.
Who else but whom YHVH created all other things through could be called-Master worker? Only Jesus. He speaks at Proverbs 8. He was created( produced as the beginning( creation,direct, first and last) of your way( creation) all other things created through him. Collosians 1:15--The firstborn( created) of all creation( occurred well before he came to earth)--There are many clues in Prov 8 for one to know it is Jesus speaking. It is NOT YHVH speaking)--This is the being who came to earth and it instructs it is wise to listen to him.

I personally believe that God is too big to be contained in one belief system or dogma.

And, if you look at all religions, all of them say that what we do in this life determines what happens next. All of them say there is something better if we do good, and something worse if we do bad. All of them have some form of a Creator/God/Higher Power.

I'm more of the mind that God is a big, multifaceted being, and each religion is a reflection of just one of His facets.

Actually those other gods are false made up gods-they do not exist. It is satan posing as those gods. Yet billions give them worship.
But you can see through Satan's posing where billions of others can't? How do you know you are not being fooled too?

I think, if I were Satan and wanted to bring mischief into the world, my weapon of choice would be faith, a great counter to reason.

But you can see through Satan's posing where billions of others can't? How do you know you are not being fooled too?

I think, if I were Satan and wanted to bring mischief into the world, my weapon of choice would be faith, a great counter to reason.
Maybe if you had a little faith you would be more reasonable.

God loves reason. He created it.
God created many things (e.g., war, jealosy, greed, hate, evil) does he love them too? He must love them more than reason since they are much more common than reason. Does he also love disease, birth defects, earthquakes, etc.?

God created many things (e.g., war, jealosy, greed, hate, evil) does he love them too? He must love them more than reason since they are much more common than reason. Does he also love disease, birth defects, earthquakes, etc.?
So you want to blame God for everything that is upsetting to you? Will you give God credit for the good too?

So you want to blame God for everything that is upsetting to you? Will you give God credit for the good too?
I figure he should get all the credit or none. Doesn't that make sense?

Seems fair enough. Why don’t you do it?

Also, is it your belief that no good can come from bad?

Seems fair enough. Why don’t you do it?
Blame God for why I don't. God loves reason. He created it. My reason tells me the God of the Bible doesn't exist. Since I don't know how the universe was created, I don't know if a god was behind it.

Also, is it your belief that no good can come from bad?
I'm sure it could. I raised 2 kids and punished them when appropriate so they would turn out good. What I never did was to make them suffer when they did nothing wrong. I also never punished one for the misdeeds of the other. Supposedly God loves us yet he does to us what I could never do to my own children. You can excuse God, saying he knows what we don't but I don't buy it.

Maybe if you had a little faith you would be more reasonable.
Maybe if you had more reason you'd have to rely less on faith to find God.
So then why do you need faith to know god and not reason?
I believe both are required.

Forum List

Back