Only in Texas

CSM

Jul 7, 2004
Northeast US
Man fires shotgun near Bush ranch, protesters
‘This is Texas,’ neighbor says when queried by a reporter

Updated: 5:41 a.m. ET Aug. 15, 2005
CRAWFORD, Texas - A man fired a shotgun into the air as about 60 anti-war protesters held a religious service on the road to President Bush’s ranch.

Sheriff’s deputies and Secret Service agents in the area of the demonstration site Sunday rushed to the home of Larry Mattlage after the shots were fired but did not arrest him.

“I ain’t threatening nobody, and I ain’t pointing a gun at nobody,” Mattlage said. “This is Texas.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8957166/

Anyone seen Dillo this weekend????

CSM said:
Man fires shotgun near Bush ranch, protesters
‘This is Texas,’ neighbor says when queried by a reporter

Updated: 5:41 a.m. ET Aug. 15, 2005
CRAWFORD, Texas - A man fired a shotgun into the air as about 60 anti-war protesters held a religious service on the road to President Bush’s ranch.

Sheriff’s deputies and Secret Service agents in the area of the demonstration site Sunday rushed to the home of Larry Mattlage after the shots were fired but did not arrest him.

“I ain’t threatening nobody, and I ain’t pointing a gun at nobody,” Mattlage said. “This is Texas.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8957166/

Anyone seen Dillo this weekend????

sssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh you didn't hear or see a thing !

Damn straight---dove hunting is fun, challenging and boy do they taste great ! Put a jalapeno in that breast and wrap it with a piece of bacon. Grill til done . mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

dilloduck said:
Damn straight---dove hunting is fun, challenging and boy do they taste great ! Put a jalapeno in that breast and wrap it with a piece of bacon. Grill til done . mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

LOL I actually thought of you when I read the story....and the guy swore he was practicing for the upcoming dove season. I am tuning up my retriever and oiling up my shotgun for Sept 1. We have lots of sunflowers and millet.....and lots of doves. I cant wait. You got any hunts lined up?

remie said:
LOL I actually thought of you when I read the story....and the guy swore he was practicing for the upcoming dove season. I am tuning up my retriever and oiling up my shotgun for Sept 1. We have lots of sunflowers and millet.....and lots of doves. I cant wait. You got any hunts lined up?

Working on it--got a friend with some land and birds are plentiful--he's towards the coast from Austin as is already talking about some snow geese hunting too-- mmmmmmmmmm fun !

dilloduck said:
Working on it--got a friend with some land and birds are plentiful--he's towards the coast from Austin as is already talking about some snow geese hunting too-- mmmmmmmmmm fun !

should you find yourself up our way september and october give me a shout....we generally hunt two solid months

did ya hear about the guy in the middle of the night that drove his pick up through the middle of the protest and wiped out all the crosses?

manu1959 said:
did ya hear about the guy in the middle of the night that drove his pick up through the middle of the protest and wiped out all the crosses?

Ya--that wasn't me either :D

I did hear another rancher was going to give the protestors land to protest on tho.

dilloduck said:
Ya--that wasn't me either :D

I did hear another rancher was going to give the protestors land to protest on tho.
Hmmm...does one of those ranchers own land in some Middle Eastern country???

dilloduck said:
Unless you're hunting in the South Zone.

Unless they have changed it since I was in college there in the early 90's the whole state started Sept.1 and the south had an extended season into January.

Forum List

Back