Only in Indiana.

froggy

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2009
Young girls walk in on four people having sex in restaurant bathroom
South Bend
The parents of two young girls say their daughters walked into a downtown restaurant bathroom and saw four people having sex. Their parents are so disturbed, they want all parents to be aware. They saw two women servicing two men in the restroom," Robert Schumann says. "Eleven years old is still not old enough to learn about such things as that."

"My 11-year-old asked me, 'How come two women were coming out of the bathroom and why were two guys in there?’ Melissa Schumann, the girls’ mother, says. ‘And they were making funny noises.'"

The Schumann’s contacted the managers at Taco Bell and suggested they lock the doors.

"She turned around and told me they used to lock the bathrooms because of this very issue but she was told to keep them unlocked because of all the complaints they got about the doors being locked," Robert says.

Taco Bell Spokesperson, Rob Poetsch, sent a statement that reads:

“The safety of our customers is our number one priority, and although this is an isolated incident, we’re having self-locking doors installed as a precautionary measure.”

Newscenter 16 went into the Taco Bell Thursday and found a note on the bathroom doors asking customers to get a key from the counter and lock the door behind them. But we were able to walk into the women’s room without a key. Once we spoke to a manager, she locked the doors right in front of us.

"It's scary because now I don't want to send my children to the bathroom by themselves and my 11-year-old doesn't want to be treated like a child,” Melissa explains. “She wants to feel grown up. I can't do that now."

"I was fuming. I was angry. I was upset. I was concerned," Robert says. He is pleased now the restaurant is taking action and installing locks to prevent people from wandering in.

South Bend police say public sex happens very often and in many places. They say they’ve gotten calls from this Taco Bell before, as well as other fast food restaurants, bars, cars, parks and almost any public place. But police say by the time they arrive, those having sex are either gone or not committing the act anymore.

Still, the Schumanns never thought having lunch at noon on a Saturday would turn so disturbing.

"We see police there all the time...eating there. And I figure, all right, police have made themselves known there so it should be relatively safe,” Melissa explains. “Nothing can really happen here. Oh, I was so wrong. I was so wrong."

only in Indiana? really? Im pretty sure you can find people who would do that just about anywhere.

People having sex.....the end of society as we know it.

The girls will survive and become healthy members of our society

People having sex in a public place - WHERE YOUNG CHILDREN ARE LIKELY TO PRESENT.... might be acceptable to you. It certainly is not to me. Some places, where young kids are not around, I have no problem with but this behavior is unacceptable.

Yes the girls will survive, but there should be little doubt that they will have been emotionaly traumatized, and their judgement about sexual matters impaired, likely for the rest of their lives; trauma imbeds memory. Consider that they will visualize this scene many times in the future, perhaps acting out.

Trauma, come on, was it right, no way, but trauma no. I'm sure they have seen worst on MTV, this was just in person.

People having sex in a public place - WHERE YOUNG CHILDREN ARE LIKELY TO PRESENT.... might be acceptable to you. It certainly is not to me. Some places, where young kids are not around, I have no problem with but this behavior is unacceptable.

Absolutely it is unacceptable behavior and there are laws in place....

However, seeing sex is not the most traumatic life shattering experience in the world. It is our societies reaction to it that causes the damage.

Children around the world see sex all the time. It is only the western world that makes it "dirty"

Yes the girls will survive, but there should be little doubt that they will have been emotionaly traumatized, and their judgement about sexual matters impaired, likely for the rest of their lives; trauma imbeds memory. Consider that they will visualize this scene many times in the future, perhaps acting out.

Girls will giggle and tell there friends about it. Or else, like it seems in this case, not even realize what was going on.

The idea that these girls are going to require psychiatric help to prevent permanent harm to their psyche is typical overreaction

Girls will giggle and tell there friends about it. Or else, like it seems in this case, not even realize what was going on.

The idea that these girls are going to require psychiatric help to prevent permanent harm to their psyche is typical overreaction
Not saying they will require psychiatric help - which might not help at all - but these girls are more aware than you let on, and they will never forget this event. Will it influence their lives for the better? No way!

Trauma, come on, was it right, no way, but trauma no. I'm sure they have seen worst on MTV, this was just in person.
You need to reappraise what trauma is. The announcement of the assassination of JFK caused trauma. No one in America who was alive hearing that announcement ever forgot it and many were influenced for the rest of their lives. Events like that cause one to have an imbedded memory which surfaces in subsequent situations and are used in judgements for the selection of courses to follow.

Last edited:

Not saying they will require psychiatric help - which might not help at all - but these girls are more aware than you let on, and they will never forget this event. Will it influence their lives for the better? No way!

When I was 12 or 13, I came upon a couple in a wooded part of the park doing it on a blanket.

Hell....I'm STILL thinking about it. It ruined my life and turned me into a message board lurker

Last edited:

When I was 12 or 13, I came upon a couple in a wooded part of the park doing it on a blanket.

Hell....I'm STILL thinking about it. It ruined my life and turned me into a message board lurker
You must be a Hoosier...:tongue: (I am)

Quality work :clap2:

Forum List

Back