only in America .. By a Canadian prospective

When the GOP had the executive and legislative branches, why did they not pass the balanced budget amendment?
when the GOP are in power "deficits don't matter"

when the GOP was in power, no one was talking about the deficit.

If you recall, candidate Barak Obama was the one who brought it to our atttention as an issue.....if you recall, he called it unpatriotic to spend more than we take in.

And hed was correct.

And now we are all addressing it.

This has nothing to do with Canadians....and I dont think any conservative gives a crap about what canadians think...and as I pointed out, this was not written by a canadian becuase she inadvertant;ly used the word "we" in item 5....

But I asked you WHICH WAS NOT TRUE.......I did not ask you to debate them as to whether or not we should do something about them..

I asked you which one is not true...or which ONES are not true.

For example...item 5....I agree.....we have an issue...But what is not true
bout item 5? Why do you refer to it as a talking point? The bottom line is those that obey our laws will be pushed to the back of the line in favor of those that broke the laws....it is true...and whereas "compassion" will play a major role in the final decision....fairness should ALSO play a major role.....

But you simply want to discount it as a rw talking point....why?

They are talking points because they offer a simplistic view of Conservative positions. Talking points can be literally true, but they do not come close to covering the complexities of an issue

The "Only in America" lead in is laughable. Item 1. Is it "only in America" that donors sit down to expensive fundraisers? Canada does not have fundraisers? They don't discuss tax rates for the wealthy in Canada?

I will say it again...this was not written by a Canadian. I agree. Some American conservative wrote this and used the disguise as a canadian for affect.

But they are not simplistic views of conservatives. They are the facts.....

.saying the rich should pay for the poor through government is ALSO a simplistic view....but that is an opinion....an idea....a solution perhaps....but not a fact.

I will tell you what....lets have an honest debate about this...without spin and without diversion...

Listed are ten facts that are referred to as conservative talking points.

Can you counter them with facts...and not opinions?

My point is this.....conservatives cite facts and they are always countered by opinions.......and that is OK....but you can not group facts and opinions as the same thing....yet most liberals do...and actually refer to the facts as "rubbish"....

I have honest debates on these issues every day. My positions are well documented. In terms of having a good kickoff point to initiate debates, this list sucks. It is openly deceptive as to its origins and offers simplistic and partisan views of important issues.

You want to talk immigration?...I'm game
Want to talk voter ID or tax code?...Done it dozens of times

I'll be happy to discuss any of these issues...but not on a bullshit thread

Last edited:
When the GOP had the executive and legislative branches, why did they not pass the balanced budget amendment?
when the GOP are in power "deficits don't matter"

when the GOP was in power, no one was talking about the deficit.

If you recall, candidate Barak Obama was the one who brought it to our atttention as an issue.....if you recall, he called it unpatriotic to spend more than we take in.

And hed was correct.

And now we are all addressing it.
Interesting the GOP didn't address it during 8 years of Bush spending a tax cutting.

Point 5 sure is a talking point. A talking point that helped decide the last election. Your "Canadian" does not know what he is talking about. Tell him that you can't just ignore 12 million people which is one third the population of Canada
sure it is RW.....how many Illegals live around you?......because i want to know if your getting your info from them or some fucking newspaper.....

Tell it to your Canadian friends

why?.....your the one saying its a talking point....not my Canadian friends......

Forum List

Back