only in America .. By a Canadian prospective

I didn't realize they get FoxNews in Canada

I didn't realize the libs would discount, out of hand, any thoughtful opposing opinion simply because it came from Canada...

no, wait... silly me, of course the libs would shoot down, out of hand, any thoughtful opposing opinion, no matter where it came from...

Rightwing talking points.....no thought involved

And by no thought involved, you mean in generating a response.

So true on everything this women says

:lol:

I love this "Only in America" because it's so bang on the money. I first saw it when Delingpole at the Telegraph put it up.

#10 just slays me. People whining that the rich don't pay their fair share when half the country pays nothing at all.

And those are the ones whining the loudest. Unreal.

Nutter: Here, Libs! Here is a list of all the bullshit we have been throwing for the past decade! Read it an weep, asshole! This time, CANADIAN wrote it!

Liberal: Yes. We have heard all of that before...and we have shown you that the claims made are all based on facts that exist only in the alternate reality in which you live. They are prime examples of how nutters have lied, stretched truth and omitted vital facts for so long that many of you have confused what is with what you want to be.

Nutter: WTF....you loser. You can't prove EVEN ONE of the things on that list to be untrue. This is the first time you have heard any of these claims FROM A CANADIAN and all you can do is attack the source. That is PROOF that all the things on the list are 100% FACT! You can't handle the truth!

What does Fox News have to do with anything she wrote? Why is you first instinct to immediately try to affiliate her with someone or something you think is disceditted?

If you think her points are wrong, why not address them? That is the point of a message board, isn't it? Aren't we supposed to discuss issues of substance? Or are we just supposed to swear at each other and attack one another? Because if that's the case, I am way under quota.

The list is generic talking points covered on Fox 24/7. Not very original and not indicative of what a real Canadian would be concerned about regarding the US

Strike three.

\You refewrred to themn as talking points so I asked what of the ten items are not true...

And you have now diverted from answering the question 3 times in a row...

First you criticized the author
Then you discussed how the world works
And now you say they are old

But you have yet been able to show me why they should be defined as talking points.

Why?

Yes they are talking points... Simplistic OPINIONS of the way conservatives think things should be

We have debated each and every one of them for years. Nothing new here. What is new is deceptive conservatives trying a new tactic of ....."See...Canadians think we are right"

I say Bull Shit

point 5 is no talking point....much of that is pretty real....and it makes those that are doing it right.....to wanna just say fuck it and do it the PC way....

Point 5 sure is a talking point. A talking point that helped decide the last election. Your "Canadian" does not know what he is talking about. Tell him that you can't just ignore 12 million people which is one third the population of Canada

Last edited:

OK...fair enough....please tell me which one(s) of the ten items you can say is (are) not true?

Oh yeah...and offer us the truth...dont simply say "talking point"....

The part where this is how a Canadian would think. Most would not be issues to a Canadian

Canada has higher taxes than us, Canada has national healthcare. Why would they question US policies that are less severe than they have in Canada

Strictly Rightwing talking points that you can get from any conservative blog

Might be they question it because in 4 years Obama has put 6 trillion dollars of debt onto our grandchildren.

I laugh at the Canadians. They mock America but go to any border city such as Erie and they are all over the place coming to America to spend their money.

What does Fox News have to do with anything she wrote? Why is you first instinct to immediately try to affiliate her with someone or something you think is disceditted?

If you think her points are wrong, why not address them? That is the point of a message board, isn't it? Aren't we supposed to discuss issues of substance? Or are we just supposed to swear at each other and attack one another? Because if that's the case, I am way under quota.

The list is generic talking points covered on Fox 24/7. Not very original and not indicative of what a real Canadian would be concerned about regarding the US

you continue to refer to them as talking points...and you continue to talk about how "old" these talking points are...and you continue to criticize the person who recited the talking points...

yet...

this is the fourth time that I am asking you to tell me which of those talkking points is NOT true and to explain why you consider them talking points...in other words, please....back your claim up....tell us which ones deserve the title of "talking points" and why?

You have yet to answer the question.

OK...fair enough....please tell me which one(s) of the ten items you can say is (are) not true?

The part where this is how a Canadian would think. Most would not be issues to a Canadian

Canada has higher taxes than us, Canada has national healthcare. Why would they question US policies that are less severe than they have in Canada

Strictly Rightwing talking points that you can get from any conservative blog

Might be they question it because in 4 years Obama has put 6 trillion dollars of debt onto our grandchildren.

I laugh at the Canadians. They mock America but go to any border city such as Erie and they are all over the place coming to America to spend their money.

this was not written by a Canadian.....it was written by an American conservative posing as a canadian in an effort to make a point.

It is evident when she uses the word "we" in item 5.

It was a slip of her pen. She erred.

you continue to refer to them as talking points...and you continue to talk about how "old" these talking points are...and you continue to criticize the person who recited the talking points...

yet...

this is the fourth time that I am asking you to tell me which of those talkking points is NOT true and to explain why you consider them talking points...in other words, please....back your claim up....tell us which ones deserve the title of "talking points" and why?

I have already told you. Nothing new here. We talk back and forth on these profound "Canadian" observations every day. Liberals will say they are bullshit and Conservatives will say they are 100% accurate

I am not going to use this deceptive thread to run a simultaneous discussion on ten different topics. Each of those topics already has dozens of threads on them. How many times do we need to rehash voter ID or immigration policy?

What I will comment on is how desperate Conservatives are to try to sell a deceptive list and say......See? Canadians agree with us

Yes they are talking points... Simplistic OPINIONS of the way conservatives think things should be

We have debated each and every one of them for years. Nothing new here. What is new is deceptive conservatives trying a new tactic of ....."See...Canadians think we are right"

I say Bull Shit

point 5 is no talking point....much of that is pretty real....and it makes those that are doing it right.....to wanna just say fuck it and do it the PC way....

Point 5 sure is a talking point. A talking point that helped decide the last election. Your "Canadian" does not know what he is talking about. Tell him that you can't just ignore 12 million people which is one third the population of Canada
sure it is RW.....how many Illegals live around you?......because i want to know if your getting your info from them or some fucking newspaper.....

sure it is RW.....how many Illegals live around you?......because i want to know if your getting your info from them or some fucking newspaper.....

Tell it to your Canadian friends

yet...

I have already told you. Nothing new here. We talk back and forth on these profound "Canadian" observations every day. Liberals will say they are bullshit and Conservatives will say they are 100% accurate

I am not going to use this deceptive thread to run a simultaneous discussion on ten different topics. Each of those topics already has dozens of threads on them. How many times do we need to rehash voter ID or immigration policy?

What I will comment on is how desperate Conservatives are to try to sell a deceptive list and say......See? Canadians agree with us

This has nothing to do with Canadians....and I dont think any conservative gives a crap about what canadians think...and as I pointed out, this was not written by a canadian becuase she inadvertant;ly used the word "we" in item 5....

But I asked you WHICH WAS NOT TRUE.......I did not ask you to debate them as to whether or not we should do something about them..

I asked you which one is not true...or which ONES are not true.

For example...item 5....I agree.....we have an issue...But what is not true
bout item 5? Why do you refer to it as a talking point? The bottom line is those that obey our laws will be pushed to the back of the line in favor of those that broke the laws....it is true...and whereas "compassion" will play a major role in the final decision....fairness should ALSO play a major role.....

But you simply want to discount it as a rw talking point....why?

I didn't realize the libs would discount, out of hand, any thoughtful opposing opinion simply because it came from Canada...

no, wait... silly me, of course the libs would shoot down, out of hand, any thoughtful opposing opinion, no matter where it came from...

no illegals have been given any citizenships since Reagan.

no illegals have been given any citizenships since Reagan.

thanks for that info.

But nowhere does the list discuss undocumented immigrants that have already been made citizens.

Try reading the list....just not scanning it.

And THEN tell me which of the ten items is NOT TRUE.

FYI...you will not be able to. Thus why NO ONE has answered my question...simply diverted from it.

as far as spending, which president has never spent more than they have had in revenue? Let me make it easy, since Reagan?

When the GOP had the executive and legislative branches, why did they not pass the balanced budget amendment?

yet...

This has nothing to do with Canadians....and I dont think any conservative gives a crap about what canadians think...and as I pointed out, this was not written by a canadian becuase she inadvertant;ly used the word "we" in item 5....

But I asked you WHICH WAS NOT TRUE.......I did not ask you to debate them as to whether or not we should do something about them..

bout item 5? Why do you refer to it as a talking point? The bottom line is those that obey our laws will be pushed to the back of the line in favor of those that broke the laws....it is true...and whereas "compassion" will play a major role in the final decision....fairness should ALSO play a major role.....

They are talking points because they offer a simplistic view of Conservative positions. Talking points can be literally true, but they do not come close to covering the complexities of an issue

The "Only in America" lead in is laughable. Item 1. Is it "only in America" that donors sit down to expensive fundraisers? Canada does not have fundraisers? They don't discuss tax rates for the wealthy in Canada?

Is it "Only in America" that terrorists attack in the name of Allah and peaceful Muslims might face a backlash?

Last edited:

They are talking points because they offer a simplistic view of Conservative positions. Talking points can be literally true, but they do not come close to covering the complexities of an issue

The "Only in America" lead in is laughable. Item 1. Is it "only in America" that donors sit down to expensive fundraisers? Canada does not have fundraisers? They don't discuss tax rates for the wealthy in Canada?

I will say it again...this was not written by a Canadian. I agree. Some American conservative wrote this and used the disguise as a canadian for affect.

But they are not simplistic views of conservatives. They are the facts.....

.saying the rich should pay for the poor through government is ALSO a simplistic view....but that is an opinion....an idea....a solution perhaps....but not a fact.

I will tell you what....lets have an honest debate about this...without spin and without diversion...

Listed are ten facts that are referred to as conservative talking points.

Can you counter them with facts...and not opinions?

My point is this.....conservatives cite facts and they are always countered by opinions.......and that is OK....but you can not group facts and opinions as the same thing....yet most liberals do...and actually refer to the facts as "rubbish"....

as far as spending, which president has never spent more than they have had in revenue? Let me make it easy, since Reagan?

Sadly, you have no other avenue to go than to make this a partisan issue. It is not. It is an American issue.

Forum List

Back