Only Democrats Would call This a Recovery...

My partisan hackery? OK. Now I see where you are coming from. But for the record, I speak what I believe, not what I am told to believe.

For example, wherewas many "partisan hacks" jumped for joy over that Bush/Katrina vs. Obama/Gulf spill poll, I applied my logical thinking and posted why those numbers are skewed.

And to answer your question. From my clients. They are all very skeptical to hire people based on initiatives on the table including the idea of another stimulus that will create an even larger deficit/debt.

I have agreed with much of what you have said in the past, but as time and issues arise with this administration, I am starting to voice my opinion, and it appears you dont agree with me. I am OK with that. But I find it disturbing that I was an OK guy when I agreed with things you said, but now that I dont always agree, I am a partisan hack to you.

I was very much in agreement with Bush for the first 3 years. By the end of his 4th he lost my vote and by the end of the 8th, he lost any confidence I may have had in him in 2000.

Does that make me a partisan hack or a thinking man with my own ideas?

You and I have always gotten along, even thought we disagree on much. Like you, I prefer to think for myself and have called Obama out when I felt he deserved it (think back room deals for Healthcare and expanding the war in Afghanistan). I am OK with you disagreeing with things when you have something, ANYTHING to back it up. Right now, you just look partisan because all you want to do is blame a stimulus package that may or may not have impacted ths jobs market. YOU DO NOT KNOW.

Now, your customers tell you they will not hire based on initiatives. I get that. However, MY customers also do not hire when there is no work to be had. They could give a shit about initiatives. Right now, capital is hard to come by, and they cannot spend money they do not have on employees they do not need. Simple as that. No need to blame Obama for simple economics.

So are you saying that I must only articualte facts that dont exist to prove either way? I am not allowed to say what I feel is true and accurate?

I am a thinking man with my own calculations based on all of the information I gather to come up with my conclusions.

It has allowed me to anticipate, forecast and succeeed. And interestingly enough, I do not need someone elses vote to succeed in life, so I am sure more likely to express accurrate summations than a politician.

Yes, I am confident in my ideas. So much so that I do not need to say "In my opinion" with everything I believe, as it is not just opinion to me. It is fact to me. I mean, lets be real. NBC says one thing and fox says the opposite. Boehner says one thing Pelosi says the opposite. There is no fact in politics and the media anymore. So we, individually, need to determine what facts are facts.

I need to froecast for business, so I poll my clients. I capitalize on my personal understanding of how economic factors work and come up with summaries that allow me to forecast properly and succeed.

SO I am not sure how you see this board, but I see it as a place to state provable fact and as a way to also offer my own "fact" based on my analyses.

Fair enough. I was not aware that you are more than happy to present your opinions, not based in fact, as well, facts...now that I know, I will better understand how to read your posts.

You and I have always gotten along, even thought we disagree on much. Like you, I prefer to think for myself and have called Obama out when I felt he deserved it (think back room deals for Healthcare and expanding the war in Afghanistan). I am OK with you disagreeing with things when you have something, ANYTHING to back it up. Right now, you just look partisan because all you want to do is blame a stimulus package that may or may not have impacted ths jobs market. YOU DO NOT KNOW.

Now, your customers tell you they will not hire based on initiatives. I get that. However, MY customers also do not hire when there is no work to be had. They could give a shit about initiatives. Right now, capital is hard to come by, and they cannot spend money they do not have on employees they do not need. Simple as that. No need to blame Obama for simple economics.

So are you saying that I must only articualte facts that dont exist to prove either way? I am not allowed to say what I feel is true and accurate?

I am a thinking man with my own calculations based on all of the information I gather to come up with my conclusions.

It has allowed me to anticipate, forecast and succeeed. And interestingly enough, I do not need someone elses vote to succeed in life, so I am sure more likely to express accurrate summations than a politician.

Yes, I am confident in my ideas. So much so that I do not need to say "In my opinion" with everything I believe, as it is not just opinion to me. It is fact to me. I mean, lets be real. NBC says one thing and fox says the opposite. Boehner says one thing Pelosi says the opposite. There is no fact in politics and the media anymore. So we, individually, need to determine what facts are facts.

I need to froecast for business, so I poll my clients. I capitalize on my personal understanding of how economic factors work and come up with summaries that allow me to forecast properly and succeed.

SO I am not sure how you see this board, but I see it as a place to state provable fact and as a way to also offer my own "fact" based on my analyses.

Fair enough. I was not aware that you are more than happy to present your opinions, not based in fact, as well, facts...now that I know, I will better understand how to read your posts.

Excuse me. You either intentionally spun what I said, or I did not articualte it properly. I will assume the latter.

None of us are always afforded the true facts. The media skews them and God knows, Our politicians do.

When fact is fact, then fact is fact. But when we hear different "facts" regarding the same issue, we are forced to deduce what is fact using our personal intelligence.

Now, that being siad, most debates on this board are about "facts" that are viewed differently by both sides. SO when I debate someone regarding the "facts", I need to express why I believe what I believe. And sometimes someone will ask me to explain why I believe what I believe.

I prefer you not play this game with me. I am by no means one that deserves it. I have argued with conservatives on here. And I have argued with libverals on here. And I have argued with moderates such as yourself.

I am not a partisan hack, but if you wish to believe I am, go for it. But I know, deep down, you do not see me as one.

This is as good as it's going to get and it's all the result of 30 years of supply-side, trickle-down, bullshit Reaganonmics.

Hope you enjoyed it while it lasted.

Been hearing this a few times already...40+ states are heading toward bankruptcy.They need
another stimulus package to survive.Which I don't think they will get.States need to balance their budget not like the chosen one running the Federal government.He's happy and proud of the job he's doing spending money he doesn't have.Where do you think this country is heading?

How's that hopey changy thingie working out for ya?:eusa_pray:

Most economists are calling this a recovery. What Democrats or Republicans would say depending on whether or not they were in power is merely a political sideshow by people with a vested interest on staying in or obtaining power. Such people are not objective.

MOST economists....would you care to speculate on their political affiliation or would that be pushing your theory in the wrong direction?

I'm assuming that you are quoting only "objective" economists. Would that be true?

This is as good as it's going to get and it's all the result of 30 years of supply-side, trickle-down, bullshit Reaganonmics.

Been hearing this a few times already...40+ states are heading toward bankruptcy.They need
another stimulus package to survive.Which I don't think they will get.States need to balance their budget not like the chosen one running the Federal government.He's happy and proud of the job he's doing spending money he doesn't have.Where do you think this country is heading?

You were making some great points and I was all the way with you until you used that last line...please for the sake of all of us conservatives who are NOT Palin fans, can you not include that in your good posts?

You were making some great points and I was all the way with you until you used that last line...please for the sake of all of us conservatives who are NOT Palin fans, can you not include that in your good posts?

Yeh after reading it I kinda cringed myself. I promise to use it sparingly....:eusa_whistle:

Yeh after reading it I kinda cringed myself. I promise to use it sparingly....:eusa_whistle:

:clap2: thank you

How's the Drill, Baby, Drill thing worked out for you guys?

Thank you for admitting that you have no proof,

Of course not. How do you prove an alternate reality? Kind of a stupid question, don't you think?

While you are at it, can you elaborate on the whole "And likely, unemployment would be lower by now without a commitment of a trillion dollars." I would like to know what your sources are for this reaseach as well.

You hypothesize based on what's worked and not worked throughout history.

Eerily reminiscent of Cuba, China, etc... up is down, down is up. People are starving.. yet the news is great! 472,000 jobless claims.. yet Biden beginss his "Recovery Tour". I'd love to see the dolts that show up for the regime's propaganda show.

How's the Drill, Baby, Drill thing worked out for you guys?

So we're supposed to ban all future underwater drilling because one big accident has occurred in 30 years?

Using that logic, or lack thereof... there should be a complete ban on...
Automobiles, airplanes, knives, guns, alcohol, trains, french fries, salt, electricity, gas, elevators, tall buildings, coal mines, rivers, boats, parachutes, rock climbing, aspirin, Tylenol, hammers, air wrenches, screwdrivers, machettes, rocks.... the list goes on.

What idiots.

you don't think you and your ilk are ripping him a new a=hole 24/7?

:rofl:

look at your lover's ;)(bush's) recession in 2003 and how well we were doing in the job recovery when people were touting we were out of the recession?

jobs lag....they are the last thing to recover, if ever.....i say if ever, because we tend to drastically improve worker productivity during a recession and many businesses will have no need to have the full staff they once had, even doing the same volume.

He's still faring way better than Bush who had the blog community, Congress, every liberal talking head and almost every news outlet bashing him 24/7. Although it is looking like even the MSM is starting to get what an abject dunderhead Obama is. They must be feeling pretty silly.

Yeah, good point. Another big difference is Conservatives would not be calling this a recovery even if a Republican was in office. It's just more Democrat hypocrisy plain and simple.

Economist are calling this a recovery. Are they also Hypcrites? That's right! Anyone who disagrees with you is a Hypocrite, right?

just more of them...only slower. There'll be 411,000 new unemployment filings when the census is done.

He's still faring way better than Bush who had the blog community, Congress, every liberal talking head and almost every news outlet bashing him 24/7. Although it is looking like even the MSM is starting to get what an abject dunderhead Obama is. They must be feeling pretty silly.

Yeah, good point. Another big difference is Conservatives would not be calling this a recovery even if a Republican was in office. It's just more Democrat hypocrisy plain and simple.

Economist are calling this a recovery. Are they also Hypcrites? That's right! Anyone who disagrees with you is a Hypocrite, right?

Anyone who relies on numbers is obviously an elitist. Who you gunna trust in evaluating the economy, Leading economists or Rush Limbaugh? No brainer

just more of them...only slower. There'll be 411,000 new unemployment filings when the census is done.

Yes...we are all anticipating your celibrations once those census jobs are gone

The job losses are much lower now that Obama is in thw White House. It is a fact. Your lies are far too transparent.

The job losses 2 plus years into a recession will ALWAYS be less than they were during the first part of a recession.

However, this time it cost us a trillion dollars to acheive what we would have acheived without committing a trillion dollars.

And likely, unemployment would be lower by now without a commitment of a trillion dollars.

Tax credits to the hiriers for each employee hired would have cost us nothing and lowered unemployment.

And before you say "tax credits cost us tax revenue", it does, but it is made up with the new income tax revenue from the now employed.

Not to mention each state having less of an unemployment burden. And the employers also having their unemployment burden decreased.

I think you confused them with your common sense. :lol:

Forum List

Back