Only a corrupt nation wouldn't ask for ID at the polls

"Corrupt Nation" indeed. Cliches seem to roll off the left these days. Is it corrupt to have any restrictions on voting? How about the estimated 10 million illegal aliens residing in the US? Is it corrupt not to allow them to vote? Should people have to register and have their names checked off at the polling place? The word "corrupt" is typical of the way the whiny left thinks of this Country.

Our voting system has never been less trustworthy, the republicans going after just one small flaw while refusing to even admit that the voting machines and the vote counters might need some extra scrutiny is proof enough that all these calls to make our elections honest is a lie.

(another thing Obama talked about on Leno)

how did asking for ID at the polls become a "deterrent"

there's a huge difference between asking for ID and making someone pass requirements to vote.
somehow our modern government has managed to fuse them together.

only people who want to corrupt an election would not want voters to be validated.

why isn't the public outraged?

why? because most of the American public hasn't drunk the wingnut koolaid?

there's a huge difference between asking for ID and making someone pass requirements to vote.

only people who want to corrupt an election would not want voters to be validated.

Then this country has been corrupt since it's inception.

"Corrupt Nation" indeed. Cliches seem to roll off the left these days. Is it corrupt to have any restrictions on voting? How about the estimated 10 million illegal aliens residing in the US? Is it corrupt not to allow them to vote? Should people have to register and have their names checked off at the polling place? The word "corrupt" is typical of the way the whiny left thinks of this Country.

Man, you guys are attributing supernatural powers to Voter ID!

Voter ID won't solve the illegal alien problem. Cure the disease, not the symptom.

Last edited:

Whiney, is that the best and usual abstract definition you try to paint a large sector of the population with? How about stop being ignorant and blame those specifically that are in need of blaming, and not those that are not. This BS of peer pressure ordained by ancient polis structure is old and outdated and I hate it, it has been used and abused on me all my life, and I would like to show you some peer pressure with a basball bat.

Only people with suspicious and racist minds would request ID from a registered voter. The days of Jim Crow are over and done. I cannot believe the ignorance and fear of some people when it comes to diversity, choice and conscience when others are marking their ballot.

Yeah, well I live in a pearly white affluent community and we've had to show ID to vote for several election cycles now. We're all suspicious? Racists? You friggin' idiots are amusing some times in a really stupid sort of way.

I am sure that the US of A was just fine before voter ID laws. We have made it thus far and are the most powerful nation in the world. What the hell else do you want?
The idea behind making very poor,crippledand elderly buy an ID for voting is that it means you must pay to vote. Something that was proved unconstitutional severl generations ago. Why do you think that public schools are free? Because that way it does not discriminate against the poor and those without the funds to pay extra for what people get in the US of A.
i have had to show ID to vote in every state I have lived in and was serving in the military. I have no problem you see, but i do have empathy for an undue hardship it may cause others. But I see through the GOP nationalism that is false patriotism to jump through hoops to allow all voters to be able to vote without the extra charge.

Only people with suspicious and racist minds would request ID from a registered voter. The days of Jim Crow are over and done. I cannot believe the ignorance and fear of some people when it comes to diversity, choice and conscience when others are marking their ballot.

Yeah, well I live in a pearly white affluent community and we've had to show ID to vote for several election cycles now. We're all suspicious? Racists? You friggin' idiots are amusing some times in a really stupid sort of way.

The voter ID thing is entirely a reaction to the ludicrous idea that Obama and ACORN stole the election, not based on fact, should we make all our laws based on urban myth? Maybe we should have leash laws for our bigfoots?

Racists love these laws.

Proving who you are with an ID is racist?

Let's name all the "racist" places and times where IDs are required. :lol:

I'll start:

At my job

comparing a job to the franchise in a republic, a democracy?

boy oh boy, the Right Wing World Noise Machine has finally run out of talking points?

The voter ID thing is entirely a reaction to the ludicrous idea that Obama and ACORN stole the election, not based on fact, should we make all our laws based on urban myth? Maybe we should have leash laws for our bigfoots?

:eusa_shhh:

we really did steal the election and we're going to steal this one too.. :eusa_shhh:

If they don't like the idea of IDs, all they need to do is cooperate with states and allow them to update voter rolls. Voting is our right and we each bear the responsibility of ensuring that our registration is up to date. A lot of people have moved or married and need to update the information. Many haven't voted for some time even though they are registered.

The Dems don't want people to have to lift a finger to ensure our voting system remains as honest as possible. It's too late once the election is over and many states have tried, in vain, to make sure the voter rolls are accurate and contain only valid voters.

There are possibly millions of illegal aliens on the rolls because of motor voter registration. Some states foolishly insisted that they be given driver's licenses and don't distinguish between citizens and those here on temporary visas or here illegally.

There is no safeguard in place to ensure that only citizens vote. There have been instances of people using dead relatives absentee ballots. Just a matter of sending it in.

Why would the administration sue states to prevent them from making sure they have rolls with legitimate voters?

If they are going to stop any effort to ID people, then they need to let states take precautionary measures.

They always cry that people will be disefranchised. The ones who will be disenfranchised are the legal voters who will have their votes canceled out by illegal votes. But, when it happens to certain citizens, they don't consider it a problem.

:eusa_shhh:

we really did steal the election and we're going to steal this one too.. :eusa_shhh:

I wish we could get organized enough to steal one, but we're all so darn busy churning out all that dirty air and dirty water that there just isn't the time.

To the contrary, Xolani. We voters are horrified that there have been convictions carried out in American courts over voter irregularities inflicted by ACORN and ACORN splinter groups--something like 32 a year ago.

Americans are fed up with wondering whether their vote will be altered by someone in their precinct with the agenda of having their opposition voting several times apiece to skew the vote.

It makes me wonder if that's how the Democrats took control of Congress and the Senate with voter fraud being thought likely in Minnesota now where Al Franken's loss was turned into a win by butt-dragging precinct people suspected of adding votes and lying to cover it up.

The best thing Minnesota voters could do right now is to consider how damaging it is to the nation to take the vote away from the people and put it in the hands of the party that doesn't play fair.

Minnesota Voter Fraud: 2182 Dead Voters

A report issued earlier this year by the US House of Representatives Oversight Committee stated that “ACORN has repeatedly and deliberately engaged in systemic fraud. Both structurally and operationally, ACORN hides behind a paper wall of nonprofit corporate protections to conceal a criminal conspiracy on the part of its directors, to launder federal money in order to pursue a partisan political agenda and to manipulate the American electorate.” ACORN voter fraud, MN

Al Franken May Have Won His Senate Seat by Voter Fraud

Racists love these laws.

Yep, racist love chocolate, coffee, steak, mac and cheese, that doesn't mean they are bad thngs. Being the dainty boy you are, I know you have difficulty with your comprehension, of course if Maobama was for it, your tune would also change. We all know people with 30 Maobama phones, would never try to gain the system to get an extra vote or two. I think you have a problem thinking for yourself. So you continue living in your little fantasy land and leave the rest to the adults.

Only a corrupt political party would object to asking for an ID at election polls!

You must show an ID to visit an inmate in a jail or prison.

To visit many government buildings, including the white house.

To gain access to most military installations.

To obtain a passport, buy a plane ticket or board a plane.

When you arrive for a doctor appointment.(for insurance fraud purposes)

Providing proper identification is a very common practice in modern society because fraud is such a major problem on so many levels and the only people who would object to such requirements are those who wish to circumvent the rule of law for many different reasons, including political gain.

The Democrat Party has become the most corrupt political entity in American history, ever since the Progressives took control of it...They embrace the tactics of Karl Marx and will stop at nothing to shove their evil ideology down the throat of America and eliminate those who refuse to swallow.

In person voter fraud is practically nonexistent.

Voter ID laws are black voter suppression.

And don't think black people don't know it.

In person voter fraud is practically nonexistent.

Voter ID laws are black voter suppression.

And don't think black people don't know it.

If you only knew how easy it would be for me to vote as people I know do not exercise their right to vote but are registered at my polling place. I could go back several times and vote as several different people.

Frauds comes in all skin tones.

Racists love these laws.

Proving who you are with an ID is racist?

Let's name all the "racist" places and times where IDs are required. :lol:

I'll start:

At my job

comparing a job to the franchise in a republic, a democracy?

boy oh boy, the Right Wing World Noise Machine has finally run out of talking points?

You are the one who said the following:

Racists love these laws.

So Dante, only certain requests for IDs are racists? The ones you claim are racist? lol

Forum List

Back