Only 5 percent of O voters want tax hikes without spending cuts.

<-------this guy proposes an actual idea and everyone else continues on "chatboard hero" and you wonder WTF is wrong with our country.

Wow, even the President agrees that a balance approach, increase in revenue and spending cuts is the only real solution. So who are the 5%ers and why should I care?

lol, yeah those are the WORDS HE SAYS..

NOW go look what Geithner presented...Obama LIED and is a liar...sorry to burst your bubble

and one other thing people, Obama doesn't care what you think

Show me where either one said absolutely no spending cuts!

here is how to fix this overnight. take every government program and expenditure and convert it to a percentage of total federal revenue. at that point congress and the president are only debating the percentages of what goes where. oh, and no more borrowing. living beyond our means infinitely no matter who presides over it is obviously unsustainable.

Nope, that won't work with a capitalist economic system. Capitalism REQUIRES eternal economic growth--and that requires a growing money supply. Since our federal reserve system creates money by issuing debt (not by operating printing presses, as is commonly assumed), we must necessary engage in borrowing to some extent.

Some suggest that the recession of the early Bush years originated from a budget surplus (deflationary) and tight fiscal policies of the fed (high interest rates).
It's not like a household budget at all, so don't ever compare them.

1. i never compared it to a household budget that is pure poppycock.

2. you are correct in your assessment about growth and we can debate about the size of that endlessly. borrowing to some extent is not mandatory look at the clinton years where we had a balanced budget and roaring economy. we have had balanced budgets and surpluses in the past but the actual national debt is another matter entirely.

3. if not mine then there is another answer for our government to live within its means. mine came from simple brainstorming from an average citizen. there is an answer out there somewhere.

Wow, even the President agrees that a balance approach, increase in revenue and spending cuts is the only real solution. So who are the 5%ers and why should I care?

lol, yeah those are the WORDS HE SAYS..

NOW go look what Geithner presented...Obama LIED and is a liar...sorry to burst your bubble

and one other thing people, Obama doesn't care what you think

Show me where either one said absolutely no spending cuts!

what cuts did he propose?

Let me save you the trouble...

40 billion a year over 10 years of UNSPECIFIED cuts that will start taking place at an UNSPECIFIED time....

Sounds quite genuine from a man that flip flopped on something as basic as public financing.

"
Too bad they all voted for the man who’s offering a rather more unbalanced approach than Republicans. And, you read that right— double the number of Obama supporters want to deal with the deficit entirely by cutting spending than want to do it entirely by raising taxes.
In other news, voters still hate ObamaCare, especially independents."

Polls: Nation that re-elected Obama wants more spending cuts than tax hikes, still hates Obamacare « Hot Air

Your entire post/thread is based on 15% of those who voted for Obama while ignoring the 85% who state that we need some combination of tax increases and spending cuts. Silly girl.

Cut Obamacare.

I thought you cared about our deficit? Ending the ACA would add $143 billion to the deficit over 10 years.

http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/cbofiles/ftpdocs/113xx/doc11379/amendreconprop.pdf

you are aware, of course, that the CBO takes the data given to them by the white house and pewrforms an analysis WITH THAT DATA...it does not perform an analaysis to see if the data is accurate.

And you are aware that subsequent to that CBO alanlysis it was found that the White house inadvertantly added in a half a trillion dollars twice.....yes....an extra 500 billion.....

So that pretty much takes that 143 billion deficit and turns it into a SURPLUS of 357 billion over 10 years without the ACA....

Of course, you are aware of this....no?

ok...

is anyone talking about tax hikes without spending cuts?

Are you serious?
The President's plan is exactly that. It "calls" for $400bn in unspecified cuts...which absolutely means cuts that will never happen regardless of what party is in power. Unspecified cuts for over 50 years never - ever - happen.
So yes, that is exactly what Obama proposed to address the deficit - spend more. Because the spending increases always happens.

that's not true... there are cuts.

but he isn't going to bid against himself. he learned that when he does, the teatards just want more.

i think he knows... it will come out something like simpson bowles...

No there are no cuts Jillian.
This "to be determined later" cuts is bullshit, always has been, always will be. No matter what party offers "cuts" that are supposed to be finalized later - NEVER HAPPENS.
The Presidents plan increases overall spending. And Jillian, the spending increases - always - happen.

Last edited:
Cut Obamacare.

I thought you cared about our deficit? Ending the ACA would add $143 billion to the deficit over 10 years.

http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/cbofiles/ftpdocs/113xx/doc11379/amendreconprop.pdf

you are aware, of course, that the CBO takes the data given to them by the white house and pewrforms an analysis WITH THAT DATA...it does not perform an analaysis to see if the data is accurate.

And you are aware that subsequent to that CBO alanlysis it was found that the White house inadvertantly added in a half a trillion dollars twice.....yes....an extra 500 billion.....

So that pretty much takes that 143 billion deficit and turns it into a SURPLUS of 357 billion over 10 years without the ACA....

Of course, you are aware of this....no?

The CBOs most recent report on the ACA still says it reduces the deficit. You knew that, right?

http://www.tnr.com/blog/plank/105327/cbo-obamacare-deficit-medicaid-expansion-cost-revenue-exchange

Forum List

Back