Only 24% Say They Share Obama's Political Views

jobs lost or created

Jobs+Bush+vs+Obama.jpg

Obama vs. Bush, and remember the 2008 was affected more by the Bush policies than the Obama policies

Harmony & Me: The Jobs Report

what policies would that be?
1/2 of tarp?
800 billion dollar stimulus?
that would be Obama

What policies did GWB have that caused any of this?
Glass Se-gall?
Nope
Sarbanes Oxley?
that was added reulation
tax policy?
Letting me keep more of my wealth caused other people to stop paying there mortgage?

I do not blame Obama for the meltdown
I blame him for wasting 1 trillion dollars on slush
I blame him for not allowing the expansion of oil (shale included) exploration/refinement as well as distribution

You want more?

Bush's deregulation of the financial markets directly led to the financial collapse.... or did you forget that whole part of history.....

Bush enacted the auto bailouts and the first stimulus as well...... or did you forget that as well.

oh and there were also the tax cuts for top 2% of wage earners that werent paid for either.....

De regulation?
you provide 1 link where GWB de regulated any fucking thing bud, one, anything
de regulated the way you eat a cracker

The auto bailout?
Bush announces $17.4 billion auto bailout - David Rogers and Mike Allen - POLITICO.com
you might want to read how GWB did his bailout, the word BK and we will get our money back thru liquidation
Tax cuts? paid
the tax payer who pays 39,000 dollars for every 100,000
then
pays 35,000 for every 100,000
is not the problem bud
39%
to
35%

what policies would that be?
1/2 of tarp?
800 billion dollar stimulus?
that would be Obama

What policies did GWB have that caused any of this?
Glass Se-gall?
Nope
Sarbanes Oxley?
that was added reulation
tax policy?
Letting me keep more of my wealth caused other people to stop paying there mortgage?

I do not blame Obama for the meltdown
I blame him for wasting 1 trillion dollars on slush
I blame him for not allowing the expansion of oil (shale included) exploration/refinement as well as distribution

You want more?

Bush's deregulation of the financial markets directly led to the financial collapse.... or did you forget that whole part of history.....

Bush enacted the auto bailouts and the first stimulus as well...... or did you forget that as well.

oh and there were also the tax cuts for top 2% of wage earners that werent paid for either.....

De regulation?

The auto bailout?
Bush announces $17.4 billion auto bailout - David Rogers and Mike Allen - POLITICO.com
you might want to read how GWB did his bailout, the word BK and we will get our money back thru liquidation
Tax cuts? paid
then
is not the problem bud
39%
to
35%

Bush can share the blame for financial crisis - The New York Times

Commodity Futures Modernization Act signed by GWB.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commodity_Futures_Modernization_Act_of_2000
James Moore: A Nation of Village Idiots

your math is kinda fuzzy considering you dont take tax breaks or loopholes into account. i guarantee you no one making $100,000 is paying either $35 or $39,000 in actual taxes.

Texas is about as Republican as you can get they currently have $34 billion in debt and somewhere around a $15-$26 billion budget shortfall for the FY 2011. :clap2:

Texas was able to close the budget shortfall, they just cut 16% of the states education budget, cause thats the first place to start is education

Why do you libs have to tell lies?

The Democrats in the legislature want to see more of the state's rainy day fund used to support education. [23] Gov. Perry is opposed to tapping the state's rainy day fund, which has approximately $9.7 billion. [24]
Texas state budget - Sunshine Review

One more thing, this is what is called transparency

nice try with the deflection:

i apologize though it was only a 13% cut to primary education another 7.6% to higher education -

Texas lawmakers unveiled a Spartan budget late Tuesday night that slashes $31 billion in spending to close the state's massive budget deficit. Education, Medicaid and corrections would be hit particularly hard.
House legislators were forced to rely on spending cuts to close the shortfall -- estimated at between $15 billion and $27 billion -- because Republican leaders pledged not to raise taxes. They also did not touch the state's projected $9.4 billion rainy day fund, one of the most flush in the nation.
The spending plan calls for a 13% hit to public education and a 7.6% drop in higher education support

Texas slashes budget to close budget deficit - Jan. 19, 2011

Texas dealt with their debt problem without raising taxes, and they do not even have a State income or capital gains tax. The Texas education system is far ahead of California and in line or above the national average. What is California going to do about their huge debt?

The Democrats in the legislature want to see more of the state's rainy day fund used to support education. [23] Gov. Perry is opposed to tapping the state's rainy day fund, which has approximately $9.7 billion. [24]

i apologize though it was only a 13% cut to primary education another 7.6% to higher education -

Texas lawmakers unveiled a Spartan budget late Tuesday night that slashes $31 billion in spending to close the state's massive budget deficit. Education, Medicaid and corrections would be hit particularly hard.
House legislators were forced to rely on spending cuts to close the shortfall -- estimated at between $15 billion and $27 billion -- because Republican leaders pledged not to raise taxes. They also did not touch the state's projected $9.4 billion rainy day fund, one of the most flush in the nation.
The spending plan calls for a 13% hit to public education and a 7.6% drop in higher education support

Texas dealt with their debt problem without raising taxes, and they do not even have a State income or capital gains tax. The Texas education system is far ahead of California and in line or above the national average. What is California going to do about their huge debt?

texas has not delt with their debt problem the still have a large budget shortfall, and Perry decided to take the majority of the cuts out on education. they are still gonna have to raise taxes soon. the debt is massive and budget shortfalls are expected over the next several years. Perry just kicked the can.

I thought this was all supposed to be about how not too many people share Obama's lunacy? Anyway, if we must discuss California's lunacy, let's do it. My beautiful home state will soon simply explode from the gigantic cloud of methane forming over head--coming chiefly from the democrat, union lapdog, leftist freaks who make up our state legislature. Debt? What debt? It's all play money anyway, right? Who cares about millions of people working their ass off to make ends meet? Screw 'em. If the whole thing blows up, the legislature will just float on out to sea--or maybe they'll find their way to your state?
:FIREdevil:

De regulation?

The auto bailout?
Tax cuts? paid
then
is not the problem bud
39%
to
35%

Bush can share the blame for financial crisis - The New York Times

Commodity Futures Modernization Act signed by GWB.
Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
James Moore: A Nation of Village Idiots

your math is kinda fuzzy considering you dont take tax breaks or loopholes into account. i guarantee you no one making $100,000 is paying either $35 or $39,000 in actual taxes.

The commodity act was passed in the year of our lord 2000
you have 2 opinions
I am blessed that I have never accused the evil you people have accuse W with and have only that to back it up

Oh yea the loop holes
Thats the law, thats not anything GWB did
Do you make 200,000 a year?
do you know what the term taxable income means?
You claims are pitiful political hack
I am a conservative, but that does not mean I am going to lie to prove my point
your repeating talking points

texas has not delt with their debt problem the still have a large budget shortfall, and Perry decided to take the majority of the cuts out on education. they are still gonna have to raise taxes soon. the debt is massive and budget shortfalls are expected over the next several years. Perry just kicked the can.

what level of denial are you in?
California is broke
Texas has a surplus
It is that simple

I thought this was all supposed to be about how not too many people share Obama's lunacy? Anyway, if we must discuss California's lunacy, let's do it. My beautiful home state will soon simply explode from the gigantic cloud of methane forming over head--coming chiefly from the democrat, union lapdog, leftist freaks who make up our state legislature. Debt? What debt? It's all play money anyway, right? Who cares about millions of people working their ass off to make ends meet? Screw 'em. If the whole thing blows up, the legislature will just float on out to sea--or maybe they'll find their way to your state?
:FIREdevil:

Do you notice if you write a thread about our current leadership the paid hacks come out and blame bush?

Neither is racism! :eek:

Quite contrary actually it is. Just most people aren't up front about it most have been to filled to the gills with white guilt and political correctness.

Nope, quite wrong in fact. Most people experience prejudice, not the blantant racism espoused by the link you have to Northwest Front.

No kidding...made the mistake of clicking on it. My computer feels dirty...

California is broke
Texas has a surplus
It is that simple

hahah Texas has a surplus..... :cuckoo: texas has a $9 billion "rainy day" fund, which perry has already stated that he refuses to touch in order to balance the budget. (although he is now backtracking on that and saying he will use "part of it") thats not a surplus.

i challenge you to show proof from the State of Texas budget that they operate a surplus..... you know you cant because it doesnt exist.

California is broke
Texas has a surplus
It is that simple

hahah Texas has a surplus..... :cuckoo: texas has a $9 billion "rainy day" fund, which perry has already stated that he refuses to touch in order to balance the budget. (although he is now backtracking on that and saying he will use "part of it") thats not a surplus.

i challenge you to show proof from the State of Texas budget that they operate a surplus..... you know you cant because it doesnt exist.

TEXAS ENJOYS $11 BILLION SURPLUS

As most states scramble to patch holes in their budgets, Texas glides along unscathed -- for now, says the Dallas Morning News.

Estimates by fiscal watchdog groups vary, but between 37 and 41 states are dealing with shortfalls this year or will face a budget gap in 2009. While California, New York, Florida, Michigan and Ohio make painful choices -- higher taxes, spending cuts, Texas has a surplus topping $11 billion. Why? Because the subprime mortgage problems have not hit Texans as hard and the state doesn't have an income tax:

States with income taxes have seen revenue plummet, especially in the Northeast, where financial companies have laid off thousands and in Midwestern states suffering losses of manufacturing jobs.
Texas is among several energy-producing states reporting no budget gap; others include Alaska, Louisiana, North Dakota and Wyoming.
Moreover, Gov. Rick Perry (R) has said Texas' economy is strong and continues to create jobs because of low taxes and conservative policies, and state leaders remain upbeat as the next legislative session approaches.
Overall, the state is in pretty good shape, says former State Deputy Comptroller Billy Hamilton. Nevertheless, we're going to have some slowdown, he continues. Declining oil prices and disappointing revenue from a revised business tax may signal fiscal trouble ahead.

However, sales tax receipts have remained strong. And Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst, who presides over the state Senate, recently promised to restrain spending in next budget but said that "because of conservative fiscal decisions ... our state's economy remains stronger than virtually every other state in the nation."

Source: Robert T. Garrett, "Texas watches spending despite $11 billion budget surplus," Dallas Morning News, November 24, 2008.

For more on Tax and Spending Issues:

Texas Budget Surplus Makes Legislators Look Good
While other states look for a bailout, Texas is the envy of the nation.
By Brendan Higgins | Wednesday, Dec 3, 2008 | Updated 8:17 AM CDTView Comments () | Leave A Comment | Email | PrintTweet

advertisement
Texas is the envy of the nation when it comes to balancing its checkbook.

The state government is sitting on an $11 billion surplus and Rep. Dan Branch of Dallas (R) said he knows why.

"The strong oil and gas sector has bolstered our sales tax revenues as well as production tax revenues," said Branch. "These revenues along with lower property tax rates, reasonable regulation and strong job growth have created a significant surplus while over 35 states, most with state income taxes, are running deficits."

The fact that Texas has no income tax makes its current condition even more impressive to outsiders.

Consider that California's budget gap is now at $16 billion and the state is considering federal bailout options.

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger is also faced with the fact that he's going to have to do something he's vowed not to: Raise taxes.

Branch said that won't be a problem here.

"Our state taxes its residents less than any large state and the legislature has been careful to reduce spending to within population growth and inflation rates."

Texas Budget Surplus Makes Legislators Look Good | NBC Dallas-Fort Worth
PolitiFact Texas | Perry says Texas has a surplus in billions

even this bunch said it was "barley true"
thats funny
thats like your line of thinking

By Brendan Higgins | Wednesday, Dec 3, 2008 | Updated 8:17 AM CDTView Comments () | Leave A Comment | Email | PrintTweet

advertisement

The state government is sitting on an $11 billion surplus and Rep. Dan Branch of Dallas (R) said he knows why.

"The strong oil and gas sector has bolstered our sales tax revenues as well as production tax revenues," said Branch. "These revenues along with lower property tax rates, reasonable regulation and strong job growth have created a significant surplus while over 35 states, most with state income taxes, are running deficits."

The fact that Texas has no income tax makes its current condition even more impressive to outsiders.

Consider that California's budget gap is now at $16 billion and the state is considering federal bailout options.

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger is also faced with the fact that he's going to have to do something he's vowed not to: Raise taxes.

"Our state taxes its residents less than any large state and the legislature has been careful to reduce spending to within population growth and inflation rates."

California is broke
Texas has a surplus
It is that simple

As most states scramble to patch holes in their budgets, Texas glides along unscathed -- for now, says the Dallas Morning News.

Estimates by fiscal watchdog groups vary, but between 37 and 41 states are dealing with shortfalls this year or will face a budget gap in 2009. While California, New York, Florida, Michigan and Ohio make painful choices -- higher taxes, spending cuts, Texas has a surplus topping $11 billion. Why? Because the subprime mortgage problems have not hit Texans as hard and the state doesn't have an income tax:

States with income taxes have seen revenue plummet, especially in the Northeast, where financial companies have laid off thousands and in Midwestern states suffering losses of manufacturing jobs.
Texas is among several energy-producing states reporting no budget gap; others include Alaska, Louisiana, North Dakota and Wyoming.
Moreover, Gov. Rick Perry (R) has said Texas' economy is strong and continues to create jobs because of low taxes and conservative policies, and state leaders remain upbeat as the next legislative session approaches.
Overall, the state is in pretty good shape, says former State Deputy Comptroller Billy Hamilton. Nevertheless, we're going to have some slowdown, he continues. Declining oil prices and disappointing revenue from a revised business tax may signal fiscal trouble ahead.

However, sales tax receipts have remained strong. And Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst, who presides over the state Senate, recently promised to restrain spending in next budget but said that "because of conservative fiscal decisions ... our state's economy remains stronger than virtually every other state in the nation."

Source: Robert T. Garrett, "Texas watches spending despite $11 billion budget surplus," Dallas Morning News, November 24, 2008.

advertisement

thats funny

advertisement

Nice article from 2008, that was only what? 3 years ago? your article even says so!!! hahaha idiot. I bolded it for you if you didnt catch that :lol::lol::lol::lol:

advertisement

thats funny

advertisement

Nice article from 2008, that was only what? 3 years ago? your article even says so!!! hahaha idiot. I bolded it for you if you didnt catch that :lol::lol::lol::lol:

The politico was from last year
in addition Texas has not had a budget short-fall until this year
your making a fool of your self
let it go

advertisement

thats funny

advertisement

let it go

making you look like a food is really easy. this is a direct quote from the Politico aritcle

"But his surplus claim implies Texas is awash in cash — suggesting at least enough to continue government operations.

He knows better. We rate Perry’s statement as Barely True."

this also refers to the Rainy day fund i mentioned earlier. a surplus implies that the state is taking in more revenues than it spends. not the it has money in the bank just sitting there. that is called savings... :cuckoo:

let it go

making you look like a food is really easy. this is a direct quote from the Politico aritcle

"But his surplus claim implies Texas is awash in cash — suggesting at least enough to continue government operations.

He knows better. We rate Perry’s statement as Barely True."

this also refers to the Rainy day fund i mentioned earlier. a surplus implies that the state is taking in more revenues than it spends. not the it has money in the bank just sitting there. that is called savings... :cuckoo:

No making a statement that says anything is barley true is like making a statement that your barley alive
barley broke
barley rich
barley dead
barley hooked
barley working
barley not working

actually Palin is a great reason why stupid people shouldnt be allowed to Vote

Palin?
Palin?
what has Palin have to do with 6 million jobs gone in 30 months?

actually you can blame bush for that one....

Actually, you can blame most of Congress along with Bush for that. Between the tax cuts and unreasonably low interest rates, they all helped create the housing bust which is exactly what led us to the loss of over 6 million jobs. It wasn't just Bush's doing.

Palin?
Palin?
what has Palin have to do with 6 million jobs gone in 30 months?

actually you can blame bush for that one....

Actually, you can blame most of Congress along with Bush for that. Between the tax cuts and unreasonably low interest rates, they all helped create the housing bust which is exactly what led us to the loss of over 6 million jobs. It wasn't just Bush's doing.

Why do you think tax cuts had anything to do with a person not paying there mortgage?
I cannot wait to hear this one
A person is allowed to keep more of his wealth caused him to lose his home (her)

Texas is about as Republican as you can get they currently have $34 billion in debt and somewhere around a $15-$26 billion budget shortfall for the FY 2011. :clap2:

Texas was able to close the budget shortfall, they just cut 16% of the states education budget, cause thats the first place to start is education

Believe me, Texas is not the only state to cut funding to education. Ohio has cut a great deal. It ends up putting pressure on the schools to ask for more money locally. Sometimes they get it, sometimes they don't.

I think Obama is more a product of "I'm cool, I voted for the black guy" than anything else. I think most of those folks are like, waaaaaaaaaaaayy over that.

I think it was more a product of I'm not voting for anyone who had anythng to do with Bush. The Obama campaign did a good job of morphing McCain into McBush.

Well, that very well may be part of it too. Not to mention, McCain was a very unimpressive candidate... both in terms of his age and his demeanor.

McCain would've done just about everything Obama has done to the letter. The only exception would be the healthcare legislation. Everything else would have been the same.

Forum List

Back