only 22 more days until inaugeration

Only 22 days for the Tea Baggers to pray for a meteor to hit the White House. They should be able to handle that...

I thought Inauguration Day was always on my birthday.:dunno:

correction. Its on the 21st. Is that your bday? It falls on a sunday this time so he'll have to be sworn in on a weekday as well.

My birthday is the 20th, but the countdown in the OP said it's being held on the 21st this year...more people would have been able to watch the ceremony and other festivities on a Sunday, but I'll be busy anyway.:banana:

this is from the senate's website: Why January 21? | Inauguration of the President
When Inauguration Day Falls on Sunday
Only six times in the nation's history has the constitutionally-mandated date for a Presidential Inauguration fallen on a Sunday. January 20, 2013 will be the seventh time, and following historical precedent, the public ceremony will be held at the U.S. Capitol on Monday, January 21, 2013. In a tradition that dates back to 1917, the White House will likely arrange a private swearing in before noon on January 20, 2013.

Last edited:

Obama will be top ten by the time his second term is over

I don't know about end of his 2nd term, but I do think he'll make top ten by 2025, whether he deserves it or not is another matter.
I love how people think wikipedia is a actual source of information given anyone can change and edit stuff there.

Obama will be top ten by the time his second term is over

I don't know about end of his 2nd term, but I do think he'll make top ten by 2025, whether he deserves it or not is another matter.
I love how people think wikipedia is a actual source of information given anyone can change and edit stuff there.

That's true, and honestly ,ranking presidents is a very subjective thing. However, that doesn't change my opinion that, at least in the short term, most rankings will have him in the top 10.

That's true, and honestly ,ranking presidents is a very subjective thing. However, that doesn't change my opinion that, at least in the short term, most rankings will have him in the top 10.

It is quite remarkable that the first African American President may be ranked in the top ten of all time.:clap2:

Oh I'm sure they will it takes a long time for people to gain a honest perspective about Presidents some who were seen as great at the time are looked less favor later and some who were seen as disappointments are looked much better with the passing of time.

Some left-wingers' obsession with Obama is almost as frightening as some right-wingers' hallucinatory hatred of him. I'm personally not holding my breath for much positive coming out of the second term but thank Christ we're not still in the Republican dark ages. Obama I think will wind up in the mid 20s in terms of actual Presidential success but he'll wind up in the mid-teens because of the significance of his election and what it meant for America.

Last edited:
Some left-wingers' obsession with Obama is almost as frightening as some right-wingers' hallucinatory hatred of him. I'm personally not holding my breath for much positive coming out of the second term but thank Christ we're not still in the Republican dark ages. Obama I think will wind up in the mid 20s in terms of actual Presidential success but he'll wind up in the mid-teens because of the significance of his election and what it meant for America.

Can I partially agree?

Lol

It is quite remarkable that the first African American President may be ranked in the top ten of all time.:clap2:

It's really not that remarkable, they gave him a noble peace prize.

It's really not that remarkable, they gave him a noble peace prize.

That was more a prize for the American people getting away from quite possibly the worst President in history and his ideology and our society moving beyond it's race bullshit than any sort of thing Obama the man ever did.

Forum List

Back