Online Gaming

www.shizmoo.com

or

www.kungfuchess.com

I don't know if it is still there, I used to play it with a couple of my friends in High school

Kungfuchess is fast and furious though, they have a four player chess and it really gets the adrelenin pumping :)

Spirit, I went to that site (although I know absolutely nothing about chess). I tried to play a few of the games there but they all want to install proprietary software on my machine in order to do so. This is usually an indication of spyware. Do you run AdAware or Spybot? Just curious, you may want to prevent companies like that from following your surfing habits!

Let me know if you don't know about removing spyware, I/we would be happy to help you out.

I absolutely know nothing about that. but if you name some , maybe I can search my computer for it and get rid of it.

Thank you for your help .

Ok, start with the basics. Go to this page and read about Lavasoft AdAware. Then download the client and install on your machine. It's pretty straightforward, but if you have questions either post here or look on their page for more information.

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

This will find bogus registry entries, tracking cookies, and tracking software installed on your machine in an effort to monitor your internet activities.

Here's another one, Spybot - search and destroy.

This is very similar, but in my opinion a bit harder to use for a beginner. A lot of people (me included) use both programs concurrently. One will find things that the other didn't. They as well have comprehensive tutorials on their site.

http://security.kolla.de/

You're right NT all the civilization games are the greatest games. I first started with Civilization I, then i got II and now I play with III.....its so addicting though, you could play for days straight without thinking of food. :)

Originally posted by jimnyc
The only one I could find is Civ III on Kazaa, but it's sloooooooooooooooow!

Any demo's available?

no surprise. kazza can blow smoke out of thier ass when it comes to find games and such. i just finished loading beta version of star wars galaxies. i'm not sure if it works yet because i'm on here. and btw, how do you raise your leevel on there. i need better DL time, but my level goes down.

Originally posted by infernus2004
no surprise. kazza can blow smoke out of thier ass when it comes to find games and such. i just finished loading beta version of star wars galaxies. i'm not sure if it works yet because i'm on here. and btw, how do you raise your leevel on there. i need better DL time, but my level goes down.

THIEF!

what did you type in to find it?

Are you playing online? If you are, the easiest way is to have a guy that can show you the ropes & heal you as you're killing something for experience.

You downloaded a beta? Unreal, that would take forever - it took a half hour to install from my 52x CD!

To raise levels, you have to gain experience doing what you're trying to be proficient in - so, if you're a medic, you have to heal people. If you're a rifleman (like me), you gotta kill stuff. If you want to be an Artesian, you have to create stuff.

If you're online, let me know and I'll help ya out.

Hey, and let Jim know how you got a beta, he's looking for it!

sorry to say, but the guy that put it on kazaa took it down becuz i;m not finding it anymore. sorry. i would send you mine, but it's somewhere on my comp where i can't find it. and i think you misunderstood. i don't have galaxies yet. i meant raise level on kazaa. the higher a level, the faster a DL speed. but i don't know how.

sorry if i wasn't clear enough.

hmmm... I didn't know that about Kazaa.

That may explain why my Kazaa Lite has my level as 1000+. Download Lite & you'll have it too, and you won't have the pesky spyware bundled in.

Just make sure you are running good virus software, and watch the file extensions carefully.

You know, I almost bought that at the same time I picked up my current addiction : Star Wars Galaxies.

It looked very interesting, and it was designed by the lead designer for Civ II... I think that'll be my next investment.

After I get over my latest addiction, that is :D

I read the other day that the Wachowski brothers are currently writing an online game wherein millions of online gamers can interact inside the Matrix and apparently there will be a bunch of stuff you can do that ties in to the movie. Sounds kinda cool.

I have a DF 2 squad for online gaming, if you have been to the Barracks then you would know BPC.

Its one of the largest active single team squads with 36 active members.
Surprisingly enough most of use are very close and have developed good relationships. Ages range from 11- 56.
It keeps most of us out of Bars or off the streets. My whole family plays and are also active members on the team. We have a comp room so we can all play.
Recently one of our players was shot saving a woman that was about to be shot by her estranged husband. He just got back home from the hospital and is doing well.

Computer online I've played:

Starcraft
Everquest (very addictive)

I have Cossacks but have never played it online.

XBOX online I've played:

Phantasy Star Online
Rainbow 6
Return to Castle Wolfenstein (still do occasionally)

Computer online games I'm looking forward to

Everquest 2 (gonna need a whole new computer for that one though)
City of Heroes (might check it out, the character creation is fantabulistically amazing, same problem with computer though)

XBOX

Halo 2 (that's going to be the shit)

Gamecube

Starfox (i hope to god they have an online option for that, of course, come to think of it i'm not even sure the gamecube has online capability)

And if anyone wants to burn and mail me pirated copies of anything for free, shovel that stuff my way.

Originally posted by NightTrain
Hey, do any of you play games online?

They're going to have my cable modem feed fixed tomorrow with any luck... about damn time.

I used to play Scrabble and cards and shit like that.
Other than that, Quake is the only other internet/netowrk game I've really played.

We used to go over to my friend's studio(he is a sound designer) where he has 4 comps. set up and blast the shit out of each other while playing at a volume that would deafen most children.

I swear, I would walk out of his office with my ears ringing and murder on the mind. :D j/k

New Topics

Forum List

Back