Online Comments Spark Lawsuits

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
3950808308_d373325c57_o.jpg

I guess this being ignored as it is means the people here at USMB don't give a flying fuck if they get sued or not.

Oh well, flame away... but be careful what you say to me from now on.

new form of freedom of speech, or lack thereof. Guess we don't live in the land of the free after all.

Does this apply to the MSM as well?

Watched some news when I got home from work today and they were going on about how the political climate today is worse than it's ever been before. The level of vitriol, insults and ratcheted up rhetoric and hyperbole has never been seen before. The country is boiling, and it's hitting Washington as well. If it continues, we will see a boil over. Sure that's a euphemism, but you can imagine yourself what that means.

I guess this being ignored as it is means the people here at USMB don't give a flying fuck if they get sued or not.

Umm.. Dude... Did you check the accusations against another in your signature? Seems just the teeniest bit hypocritical to me...

:lol: You'd be the first person that would be able to be sued for Libel. As Dis just mentioned, your signature is a prime example.

Besides, this is an online message board. No real names, no real anything for the most part. All of those cases you used were real people on websites with real actions involved.

Umm.. Dude... Did you check the accusations against another in your signature? Seems just the teeniest bit hypocritical to me...

Nothing in there that hasn't already been presented darlin', and none of it is lies.

:lol: You'd be the first person that would be able to be sued for Libel. As Dis just mentioned, your signature is a prime example.

Besides, this is an online message board. No real names, no real anything for the most part. All of those cases you used were real people on websites with real actions involved.

So... you suggest I could be sued for something on here... and then you go on to say it's all just nothing anyway.... can you make up your mind?

Well forget it... I don't really care what you think anyway.

Nothing in there that hasn't already been presented darlin', and none of it is lies.

But if none of it were lies, he obviously would not be President. And much as we dislike it, he IS President. Do you have solid, undeniable proof in *writing* (not internet searches) that none of your signature contains lies? Because if he pushed it you'd be required to prove it. Could you?

Just sayin...

I see nothing unusual about the story. Just because you are on the internet, that doesn't mean you are above the law.

That's pretty much the gist of the article BGG. Glad someone was able to see that.

Just might be a good idea to watch how far you go with your insults is really all it means, or you may find yourself in court.

So... you suggest I could be sued for something on here... and then you go on to say it's all just nothing anyway.... can you make up your mind?

Well forget it... I don't really care what you think anyway.

I'm saying it's nothing. HOWEVER, IF anyone could be sued on here, you'd be a the top of the list I'm sure.

By the way, how's that witchhunt going? Find Obama's "real" birth certificate yet? :rofl:

There have always been limits on speech. Defemation is one of those limits. Your right to do as you please stops when it infringes on the rights of others.
Don't worry flamers, opinions can't get you sued. :cool:

I see nothing unusual about the story. Just because you are on the internet, that doesn't mean you are above the law.

That's pretty much the gist of the article BGG. Glad someone was able to see that.

Just might be a good idea to watch how far you go with your insults is really all it means, or you may find yourself in court.

Here is an example of what I'm referring to... You took offense that nobody responded to your thread, and then indicated they better just watch what they say to you.. But, here is something you said about someone else:

What about John Lennon? Wasn't he killed by the Bush family?

If I remember correctly, Bush was seen smoking on the Hindenberg...while strangling a puppy.

Don't believe it... that rumor was started by michele obama.

But if none of it were lies, he obviously would not be President.
Oh I wouldn't say that. Our government does a lot of things they aren't supposed to do. Breaking the law never stopped them.

And much as we dislike it, he IS President. Do you have solid, undeniable proof in *writing* (not internet searches) that none of your signature contains lies? Because if he pushed it you'd be required to prove it. Could you?

Just sayin...
Well, glad you put it that way, because every time someone does try and prove obama isn't qualified to be President, they get shut down before they can get started. Why is that? There's a lot of people wondering where obama was born. Over half the country in fact. But he's in no hurry to prove anything. So obviously the ball is in his court. He holds all the cards. He has all the power to shut the whole shootin' match down, and that's exactly what he's been spending hundreds of thousands of dollars doing.

Would I like the chance to prove he's not qualified? Oh you fuckin' A I would. I'd start by insisting he produce this purported, real Hawaiian birth certificate. That would clear everything up. Sure wish he would, then we wouldn't have to have these conversations anymore. Wonder why he doesn't... wouldn't be because he has something to hide would it? Naaaahh.... couldn't be that.

Last edited:

Here is an example of what I'm referring to... You took offense that nobody responded to your thread, and then indicated they better just watch what they say to you.. But, here is something you said about someone else:

If I remember correctly, Bush was seen smoking on the Hindenberg...while strangling a puppy.

Don't believe it... that rumor was started by michele obama.

So then michele obama should sue me. I'm sure a judge would be all over that... :lol:

C'mon girl... you in bad mood?

Forum List

Back