Onedomino

You might like these guys, the Old 97s. http://www.cmt.com/artists/az/old_97s/videos.jhtml

My favorites in that selecetion are "Lonley Holiday' "Doreen" and "Jagged'
Thank you very much, Said1. The website apparently requires a looser “scripts” security setting than my browser was set at. But my pc finally got the hang of it, and I am glad it did. I liked “Jagged” best (they looked very different in that video), followed by “Just Like California.” The live tunes looked like the show was fun to be at. Wonder where the name Ol’97 comes from? The music stretches Country Music in a better direction. “Doreen” was a 2am Wild Turkey tune. It was very thoughtful of you to post this music. Thanks, again. 1d.

Thank you very much, Said1. The website apparently requires a looser “scripts” security setting than my browser was set at. But my pc finally got the hang of it, and I am glad it did. I liked “Jagged” best (they looked very different in that video), followed by “Just Like California.” The live tunes looked like the show was fun to be at. Wonder where the name Ol’97 comes from? The music stretches Country Music in a better direction. “Doreen” was a 2am Wild Turkey tune. It was very thoughtful of you to post this music. Thanks, again. 1d.

I'm glad you like them. I'm a music junky and like to to pass on music I like and hope others will enjoy. I thought they fell in line with the other bands discussed in the Allman Brothers thread (The Drive-by Truckers and the Bottle Rockets), they have a similar sound, but a style that's obviously their own. I was also taken aback by their age. Their so young and without seeing them, they could be mistaken for old pros.

I think the name might be from the old Johnny Cash song 'Wreck of the Old 97', about a train wreck. Not sure though.

I love the Avett Brothers too. Dan (lucky bum) was able to get out and see them live. I'm so jealous! Not really in the same category the Old 97's but they're good too. In the selection, I like 'Distraction #74' and 'Swept Away' the best. If you like Blue Grass you'll like them.

http://www.cmt.com/artists/az/avett_brothers/videos.jhtml

I love the Avett Brothers too. Dan (lucky bum) was able to get out and see them live.

This Friday I'm seeing a Guns n' Roses cover band in the same club. More jealous???

As long as we're talking bands that I've seen recently, I'd be remissed if I didn't tell you about the Modern Skirts. They're from Athens, it's basically pop music, but really well-done pop music. And their keyboard player's a pretty cool dude.

As long as we're talking bands that I've seen recently, I'd be remissed if I didn't tell you about the Modern Skirts. They're from Athens, it's basically pop music, but really well-done pop music. And their keyboard player's a pretty cool dude.

Excuse me while I larff. That just hit my funny bone for some reason. :laugh:

I'll take your word for it and check them out.

The Detroit Cobras are pretty cool too, very retroish, if that makes any sense. They're basically and R&B cover band, but rock pretty good.

Edit to add link to Cobras:http://www.cmt.com/search/index.jhtml?searchterm=Detroit+Cobras+&searchtype=artists&x=16&y=11

Not their best tune, but alas, the only one there.

Forum List

Back