One year after DADT......No big deal

There's a difference between people having an idea about someone being single...with no opposite sex friends.....and someone that is a flaming homo making a move on someone at work or in the gym shower.

I'm not wasting my time talking to a simpleton like you.

Uh, they weren't allowed to openly hit on their co-workers like now. :eusa_whistle:

If you're told to keep quiet about being gay, odds are you aren't going to make a sexual advance on your co-worker. Once the SecDef gave them the green light, then there will be problems at work.

Had a lot of issues with gays when you served?

They haven't been in the closet for awhile now. In the 8 years my husband has been active duty, there have been gay soldiers in his units and they have always been open about it. It's pretty hard to hide your sexual preference when most of the unit is a fb friend.

A year after DADT repeal, no harm done - CNN.com

According to a leading senator, it presented "an intolerable risk" to national security.

According to a consortium of retired generals, it would "break" the U.S. military. And according to a leading advocacy group, over "528,000" servicemen and women would be lost.

Something this terrible must be averted. We must take action now!

Except it is too late. The scary danger that these generals, John McCain, and the Family Research Council were warning about wasn't a future terrorist attack or war with China, it was allowing gay and lesbian service men and women to openly serve in the U.S. military. That "grave risk" is now celebrating its one year anniversary, and none of the dire predictions proved correct.

Aaron Belkin"Don't ask, don't tell" was one of the most controversial issues in American politics, with tens of thousands of articles and speeches on the topic. And yet, once it happened, it played out a lot like Y2K. There was a huge amount of hype and hysteria, but the world did not end.

Does anyone in their right mind believe data from a homosexual advocacy group that half a million people serve in the Military because it is is friendly to sodomites? Where does the left get this stuff?

Where are the hundreds of thousands who would flee the military because god forbid, they may have to serve with a gay?

Where is the destruction of morale?

Where is a single story that anyone gives a shit?

Uh, they weren't allowed to openly hit on their co-workers like now. :eusa_whistle:

If you're told to keep quiet about being gay, odds are you aren't going to make a sexual advance on your co-worker. Once the SecDef gave them the green light, then there will be problems at work.

Had a lot of issues with gays when you served?
Longer than you.

Are you sure that you actually served in the military? Why do I ask this? Simple.......if you had ANY understanding of the UCMJ, you would see that you are NOT allowed to openly hit on your co workers. It's a violation of good order and discipline.

And.............fwiw..............I've been hit on before by someone in my unit, and the first time it happened was way back in 1984. Well before Obama took over, and well before DADT (enacted in 1994).

Try again stupid. And yeah...........I did serve, from 1982 until 2002 in the Navy.

Forum List

Back