One walmart worker "strikes", gets arrested

I hope they fire her too!

And hire someone who wants to work.

Me too, so she qualifies for unemployment insurance.

I doubt she will ever get unemployment compensation.

Walking off the job to participate in an illegal strike is grounds for disciplinary action including removal. In Florida where I live anyone who is terminated for misconduct is not eligible for unemployment compensation. I am certain that this is the law in most states, perhaps all states.
You're right. She doesn't qualify for unemployment insurance.

Why the fuck would someone making $11.50 an hour need welfare? You have no clue.

Because, they only make about 460/wk (1,840/month) before taxes.

Can YOU make it on that much per month?

So you think the measure of a job is whether or not you can live on the pay?

Tell me how much do you think a full time dog shit picker upper should make?
That would depend on the profit margin the employer derives from the labor of the employee.

A well managed union bases its wage and benefit demands on an employer's bottom line. And the quality of the union's management is based on its ability to accurately determine those facts and figures.

If she loses her job she will end up on welfare, which you will be paying for. Is that really what you want?
I thought they were on government entitlements because they worked at Wal-Mart. So now it seems that instead of tax payers subsidizing Wal-Mart, which seems to be the unionist mantra, the truth is exactly the opposite. Now I'm confused.

If she loses her job she will end up on welfare, which you will be paying for. Is that really what you want?
I thought they were on government entitlements because they worked at Wal-Mart. So now it seems that instead of tax payers subsidizing Wal-Mart, which seems to be the unionist mantra, the truth is exactly the opposite. Now I'm confused.

They can't make up their minds, they try it both ways and try to see if you're sleeping. Silly libs.

Walmart Strikes: Lone Worker Walks Out, Receives Trespass Warning Ahead Of Black Friday

The walkout included just one worker -- Vanessa Ferreira, age 59. Ferreira informed her manager publicly Wednesday morning that she was going on strike. The other employees watched her walk out of the store, then went back to doing their jobs.

Within a half hour, Ferreira would be told by police outside that she was trespassing and ordered to leave. She's worked in the store's cake department for eight years, and she earns $11.90 an hour, she said.

"They pay low wages, then the taxpayers pick up the tab for food stamps and Medicaid," Ferreira said. "They need to take care of their people. They need to be responsible to their workers."

Welcome to Communist China cuz this sure as hell ain't the United States anymore.

This is about what I've been expecting.

Cops have always been tools of managment.

Which further proves the point that law enforcement is yet another government service / taxpayer expense that benefits the wealthy and corporations to a greater degree than it does ordinary Americans who are forced to foot the bills for it.

Walmart Strikes: Lone Worker Walks Out, Receives Trespass Warning Ahead Of Black Friday

Welcome to Communist China cuz this sure as hell ain't the United States anymore.

Which further proves the point that law enforcement is yet another government service / taxpayer expense that benefits the wealthy and corporations to a greater degree than it does ordinary Americans who are forced to foot the bills for it.
Are you saying this woman had a right to continue getting paid for not doing her job?

The walkout included just one worker -- Vanessa Ferreira, age 59. Ferreira informed her manager publicly Wednesday morning that she was going on strike. The other employees watched her walk out of the store, then went back to doing their jobs.

Within a half hour, Ferreira would be told by police outside that she was trespassing and ordered to leave. She's worked in the store's cake department for eight years, and she earns $11.90 an hour, she said.

"They pay low wages, then the taxpayers pick up the tab for food stamps and Medicaid," Ferreira said. "They need to take care of their people. They need to be responsible to their workers."

She abandoned her job, she is fired, she must leave.

Fuck unions, they lost.

Are you saying this woman had a right to continue getting paid for not doing her job?

How was that question even remotely relevant to the conversation I responded to? The police was the subject, their order to the woman to remove herself from the premises, and who / or more precisely what benefits most from the social programs our taxes pay for.

But okay, lets also get into how "labor" (contract) laws have also been written not for labor, but for corporate advantage. Do you think that workers should have no right to strike against conditions including (but not limited to) compensation that are economically unsustainable for the workers? Why?

How was that question even remotely relevant to the conversation I responded to? The police was the subject, their order to the woman to remove herself from the premises, and who / or more precisely what benefits most from the social programs our taxes pay for.

But okay, lets also get into how "labor" (contract) laws have also been written not for labor, but for corporate advantage. Do you think that workers should have no right to strike against conditions including (but not limited to) compensation that are economically unsustainable for the workers? Why?

They have every right to strike, but not on private property, if she was on a public sidewalk next to Walmart, she has a right, to do so on Walmart property, no.

They have every right to strike, but not on private property, if she was on a public sidewalk next to Walmart, she has a right, to do so on Walmart property, no.
Left wing self-righteous indignation does not concern itself with such details.

It's incredibly relevant. You believe it was wrong for the woman to have been arrested after walking off the job. Therefore, you believe she should keep getting paid for not doing that job.
As one other doofus in this thread was incapable of understanding, this woman AGREED TO WORK FOR WAL-MART FOR THE WAGES OFFERED.

No one forced her to work there.

Seriously, why are you guys unable to understand this concept?

It's incredibly relevant. You believe it was wrong for the woman to have been arrested after walking off the job. Therefore, you believe she should keep getting paid for not doing that job.

:slap:

apples

oranges

i dont care..... welfare is money well spent if it fucks the unions as far as i am concerned.

The unions are trying to cause trouble and get a foot in the door there. I hope she is made example of and gets zip.

workers have a right to strike..... they should also know that it is a choice they are making... and could lose their jobs by doing so.

minimum wage is compensation.... its not as if they are not being paid the exact amount that was offered for the job they were hired for.

i dont care..... welfare is money well spent if it fucks the unions as far as i am concerned.

The unions are trying to cause trouble and get a foot in the door there. I hope she is made example of and gets zip.

I hope the unions DO get into walmart. They've gotten in before only to have the stores closed. I'm wondering what new locally owned ventures grew or thrived because of the absence of that choking weed of a company.

I hope the unions DO get into walmart. They've gotten in before only to have the stores closed. I'm wondering what new locally owned ventures grew or thrived because of the absence of that choking weed of a company.

You do realize that people that shop at Walmart, voted for Obama and Michelle Obama is working with Walmart in their food choices.

Forum List

Back