One walmart worker "strikes", gets arrested

She won't.

She refused to work
trespassed
and got arrested

she will, properly, get jack

My my such hatred on our day of thanks.

But are you sure we should stop there? How about we stone the bitch for not reinforcing the beliefs of the righty koolaid drinkers? Good plan?

Ah "hatred". you should throw in "racist" as well for good measure.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIOTrHI4LrY]Kill Whitey Music Video - YouTube[/ame]

Walmart Strikes: Lone Worker Walks Out, Receives Trespass Warning Ahead Of Black Friday

Welcome to Communist China cuz this sure as hell ain't the United States anymore.
When you start as an employee at Wal-Mart, you have to sign a paper saying whether or not you are willing to work holidays. If you indicate you are willing, you WILL work holidays. If you're not willing, you will not be scheduled to work.

This woman told Wal-Mart she was willing to work holidays.

Apparently, she lied.

Black Friday is not a holiday.

if your going to work in that kind of business and you dont think your going to be asked to work on that day.....then you should probably not apply....im sure in her 8 years there she not only has worked it but she knew she would no doubt be working it this year....

Yeah i was in the Navy for 4 years, had a wife who birthed my oldest child during that time. I left as an E-5 and i never ever recieved WIC or assistance of any kind.

So E-5 is about where a good guvmint paycheck is about right for you, the SO and one of God's little miracles, ya reckon?

I didn't start out as an E-5, I went from E-1 through to E-5 without ever using assistance of any kind.

Yeah i was in the Navy for 4 years, had a wife who birthed my oldest child during that time. I left as an E-5 and i never ever recieved WIC or assistance of any kind.

Good for you. But what about the E-3 or E-4 who could really use the assistance? Are you going to look down on them for using it, even if they're eligible?

I know MANY people who have used WIC assistance. Matter of fact, as a PN it was kinda my job to let them know it was available.

I might. It's the same thing. Live within your means. If you cannot afford to have a child, don't have one until you can. It all goes back to the same thing. If you make poor life choices, don't demand that the taxpayer or your employer subsidize your stupidity.

My my such hatred on our day of thanks.

But are you sure we should stop there? How about we stone the bitch for not reinforcing the beliefs of the righty koolaid drinkers? Good plan?

Ah "hatred". you should throw in "racist" as well for good measure.

Does that apply too. Sorry, but only the seething hatred was apparent in what you'd posted.

But thanks for filling that in.

What's a good liberal argument without baseless labels?

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but what it is that makes her a trespasser? If she isn't going to work there anymore, wouldn't she be considered just another customer now, especially if she were to go ahead and buy something?

God bless you and her always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

It's private property. If the person or company doesn't want that person there, they must leave or they are tresspassing.

I thought I was. Ergo my saying we need to fix the problem and not expect Walmart to do so. Their competitors, too, need to pay a better wage, in fairness to all businesses.

Where Walmart loses is fewer workers whose pay is so fucking awful that Walmart is their only option. They might shop at Kroger if that's closer to home, etc.

The problem with you lefties is that Walmart is not failing, despite the fact that they don't adhere to your looney views on economics.

How could they possible fail when the US taxpayers are underwriting their profits via food stamps, section 8, WIC, and federally subsidized HEAP payments for expenses that the wages they pay should cover instead?

Why do you hate the poor?

rw's will buy made-in-China-shit at WalMart BECAUSE they know it will hurt other Americans.

No, we will buy it because it's less expensive than the union-made garbage elsewhere.

I buy it because I know it will hurt unions. Made in China stuff is cheaper, and sometimes, not made in the US at all, but I would be willing to pay a few bucks more if it hurts unions.

rw's will buy made-in-China-shit at WalMart BECAUSE they know it will hurt other Americans.

No, we will buy it because it's less expensive than the union-made garbage elsewhere.

I buy it because I know it will hurt unions. Made in China stuff is cheaper, and sometimes, not made in the US at all, but I would be willing to pay a few bucks more if it hurts unions.

Same. Fortunately it costs more to buy union made.

Oh yeah. Gosh I guess that is out of her reach. But assholes needn't worry about paying an extra buck for a fucking cake. So there's that.

Work them bitches cheap!

Ummm...in case you didn't notice, she AGREED to work there for the wages offered. WM didn't force her.

Now she's free to decorate cakes for someone else. Or perhaps she can open her own shop.

Atta boy. Let's advocate folks live, if they're lucky, from paycheck to paycheck so your snotnose kid can get his name on a cake, on the cheap. Then say let em climb out of the hole we help keep them in if they don't like it.

I'm curious: how do you spend your free time; torturing small animals, sucking Satan's cock and swallowing, or just looking around your single wide for the humanity you lost, assuming you ever had it?
:lmao:

Well, aren't you a hateful little bastard.

Again: She agreed to work for the wages WM offered. No one forced her. No one kept her at that job. She's always been free to look for a better offer.

Why are you incapable of understanding that?

Oh, yeah, I know -- your irrational hatred doesn't let you think rationally.

Me too, so she qualifies for unemployment insurance.

She voluntarily quit...no unemployment.

Nah; she'll still get it but the company's UI is not penalized for it and thus its rate is unaffected.

I don't want to get into a debate with you, but I don't want anyone to get inaccurate advice which might cause them to lose their job without recourse. I have been involved in more than a few unemployment compensation hearings, and I can assure you that in my state, and in most if not all states, if you quite your job without good cause or you are fired you receive nothing in unemployment compensation benefits. If you are fired, you are entitled to a hearing to determine if the termination was for just cause (often, the employer is unable to justify the termination). If the hearing officer finds you were properly terminated for misconduct, you receive nothing. Nada. Period. Here are a few links.

State of California:
Eligibility

State of Texas:
Unemployment Insurance Law - Qualification Issues

General:
Qualifying for Unemployment Benefits

I would caution everyone not to take the word of any one person on this site; in fact I don't expect you to take my word because you don't know who in the hell I am. HOWEVER, before you go on strike, check with a labor attorney in your area. Then you will have the guidance you need to make your decisions. In fact, your local unemployment office will give you the advice you need. Listen to the experts.

You have been presented with two contradictory opinions and you owe it to yourself to find out who is right.

Frankly, I do not want to live in a world where someone can just walk off the job and receive compensation from the state. To reward a person who is clearly able to work but refuses to do so doesn't make sense to me.

Just one more piece of advice. In order to receive unemployment compensation, you must establish you were ready, willing and able to work. If you are too sick to work, you do not qualify for this particular benefit. It may seem unfair, but it's the law.

I hope they fire her too!

And hire someone who wants to work.

No she wont. If she walked out that is gross misconduct and NO unemployment for her :lol:

Koios was clearly wrong in assuming that everyone who is fired still gets unemployment compensation, and you are generally right in assuming that an employee who walks of the job is not entitled to unemployment compensation.

However, there are circumstances when an employee who is guilty of misconduct can still receive benefits when terminated by his/her employer. The question is whether the employee was terminated for just cause, and the hearing officer has wide authority in making this determination. For example an employee who abandons his/her job for part of a day due to a strike might still be eligible for unemployment compensation if he/she could show that other employees who abandoned their jobs for the same or longer periods were not terminated, or those who committed worse offenses were simply given written reprimands or suspensions. The hearing officer is entitled to consider the employer's past practices in the administration of disciplinary actions, and he is also allowed to consider such documents as the labor/management agreement and the employees' handbook. The hearing officer is empowered to consider ALL the attendant circumstances in determining whether the employee was justly fired. If the employee walked out on the busiest shopping day of the years, that would be a fact the hearing officer would consider – along with everything else - when making his decision.

This issue is a lot more complicated than most people realize.

My advice: talk to an expert.

As I've previously stated, those who walk of the job do not deserve to be financially rewarded. However, equally important is that ALL employees be treated fairly when it comes to the administration of disciplinary actions. If an employer is even-handed in imposing disciplinary action and warns employees that those who abandon their positions for any reason - including striking – will be terminated, then those who strike deserve nothing. Period.

OK, I'm am done with this thread.

Koios: Your challenge has forced me to respond to you, thereby cutting into the time I have allotted for drinking and debauchery. Please don't do it again. I don't have that much debauchery time left, so show some respect.

Goodbye all.

Walmart Strikes: Lone Worker Walks Out, Receives Trespass Warning Ahead Of Black Friday

The walkout included just one worker -- Vanessa Ferreira, age 59. Ferreira informed her manager publicly Wednesday morning that she was going on strike. The other employees watched her walk out of the store, then went back to doing their jobs.

Within a half hour, Ferreira would be told by police outside that she was trespassing and ordered to leave. She's worked in the store's cake department for eight years, and she earns $11.90 an hour, she said.

"They pay low wages, then the taxpayers pick up the tab for food stamps and Medicaid," Ferreira said. "They need to take care of their people. They need to be responsible to their workers."
Welcome to Communist China cuz this sure as hell ain't the United States anymore.
Well, instead of paying $20 for a doctor's visit, in order to pay for all the frivolous lawsuits for which insurance premiums go up, he can't make a profit without charging $80 for the same visit he charge $20 for 20 years ago.

And who is getting all that money from blaming the doctor for nature taking its course?

You never know, but we're all paying the price for it.

A couple who makes $250.000. said they'd purposely keep profits to $249,999.99 to avoid paying the higher rate. The fools don't know that the higher rate only applies to the amount earned that's over $250,000. I wonder how many people are misled like these people.
This was discussed on TV, so no link.

A couple who makes $250.000. said they'd purposely keep profits to $249,999.99 to avoid paying the higher rate. The fools don't know that the higher rate only applies to the amount earned that's over $250,000. I wonder how many people are misled like these people.
This was discussed on TV, so no link.

Jealous much?

No she wont. If she walked out that is gross misconduct and NO unemployment for her :lol:

Koios was clearly wrong in assuming that everyone who is fired still gets unemployment compensation, and you are generally right in assuming that an employee who walks of the job is not entitled to unemployment compensation.

However, there are circumstances when an employee who is guilty of misconduct can still receive benefits when terminated by his/her employer. The question is whether the employee was terminated for just cause, and the hearing officer has wide authority in making this determination. For example an employee who abandons his/her job for part of a day due to a strike might still be eligible for unemployment compensation if he/she could show that other employees who abandoned their jobs for the same or longer periods were not terminated, or those who committed worse offenses were simply given written reprimands or suspensions. The hearing officer is entitled to consider the employer's past practices in the administration of disciplinary actions, and he is also allowed to consider such documents as the labor/management agreement and the employees' handbook. The hearing officer is empowered to consider ALL the attendant circumstances in determining whether the employee was justly fired. If the employee walked out on the busiest shopping day of the years, that would be a fact the hearing officer would consider – along with everything else - when making his decision.

This issue is a lot more complicated than most people realize.

My advice: talk to an expert.

As I've previously stated, those who walk of the job do not deserve to be financially rewarded. However, equally important is that ALL employees be treated fairly when it comes to the administration of disciplinary actions. If an employer is even-handed in imposing disciplinary action and warns employees that those who abandon their positions for any reason - including striking – will be terminated, then those who strike deserve nothing. Period.

OK, I'm am done with this thread.

Koios: Your challenge has forced me to respond to you, thereby cutting into the time I have allotted for drinking and debauchery. Please don't do it again. I don't have that much debauchery time left, so show some respect.

Goodbye all.

I was going off past experience with employees fired while I was an executive in WA state. No doubt other states differ, but the rules and how they are applied indeed can be very different.

But anyway, what baffles me is why all the angst toward this woman for merely trying to do what our grandparents had to do back when manufacturing jobs paid shit, so that our parents and our lives could be better.

But maybe if ya'll had been there, you could have wished grandpa got his ass fired and starved, for daring stand up for himself.

Forum List

Back