One walmart worker "strikes", gets arrested

Walmart Strikes: Lone Worker Walks Out, Receives Trespass Warning Ahead Of Black Friday

Welcome to Communist China cuz this sure as hell ain't the United States anymore.
When you start as an employee at Wal-Mart, you have to sign a paper saying whether or not you are willing to work holidays. If you indicate you are willing, you WILL work holidays. If you're not willing, you will not be scheduled to work.

This woman told Wal-Mart she was willing to work holidays.

Apparently, she lied.

Black Friday is not a holiday.
It happened Wednesday. :lol:

So, she just walked off the job. Any reason why she shouldn't be fired for that?

When you start as an employee at Wal-Mart, you have to sign a paper saying whether or not you are willing to work holidays. If you indicate you are willing, you WILL work holidays. If you're not willing, you will not be scheduled to work.

Apparently, she lied.

So, she just walked off the job. Any reason why she shouldn't be fired for that?

Wednesday wasn't a holiday either. So I used a vacation day.

Apparently, she lied.

The only reason that comes to mind is she's got 8 years experience in cake decorating. She might be tough to replace.

The only reason that comes to mind is she's got 8 years experience in cake decorating. She might be tough to replace.

Looks like Wal-Mart's not too worried about it, considering they fired her for walking off the job. :lol:

Yay you. Guess Striker Lady wasn't bright enough to do that.

Probably used them up, kicking it in the Caymans during her annual vacation.

But...but...but I though WM only paid people enough to starve to death slowly! :( How could she afford a vacation?

Oh yeah. Gosh I guess that is out of her reach. But assholes needn't worry about paying an extra buck for a fucking cake. So there's that.

Work them bitches cheap!

Probably used them up, kicking it in the Caymans during her annual vacation.

But...but...but I though WM only paid people enough to starve to death slowly! :( How could she afford a vacation?

Oh yeah. Gosh I guess that is out of her reach. But assholes needn't worry about paying an extra buck for a fucking cake. So there's that.

Work them bitches cheap!

Ummm...in case you didn't notice, she AGREED to work there for the wages offered. WM didn't force her.

Now she's free to decorate cakes for someone else. Or perhaps she can open her own shop.

Work them bitches cheap!

Ummm...in case you didn't notice, she AGREED to work there for the wages offered. WM didn't force her.

Now she's free to decorate cakes for someone else. Or perhaps she can open her own shop.

Atta boy. Let's advocate folks live, if they're lucky, from paycheck to paycheck so your snotnose kid can get his name on a cake, on the cheap. Then say let em climb out of the hole we help keep them in if they don't like it.

I'm curious: how do you spend your free time; torturing small animals, sucking Satan's cock and swallowing, or just looking around your single wide for the humanity you lost, assuming you ever had it?

Walmart Strikes: Lone Worker Walks Out, Receives Trespass Warning Ahead Of Black Friday

The walkout included just one worker -- Vanessa Ferreira, age 59. Ferreira informed her manager publicly Wednesday morning that she was going on strike. The other employees watched her walk out of the store, then went back to doing their jobs.

Within a half hour, Ferreira would be told by police outside that she was trespassing and ordered to leave. She's worked in the store's cake department for eight years, and she earns $11.90 an hour, she said.

"They pay low wages, then the taxpayers pick up the tab for food stamps and Medicaid," Ferreira said. "They need to take care of their people. They need to be responsible to their workers."

Welcome to Communist China cuz this sure as hell ain't the United States anymore.

Sam Walton was Chinese?

:lmao:

companies are paying at least what the government sets as a minimum wage.

If you want to complain...complain about government, not what the companies that are paying the wage.

Its not Walmart... or any other company for that matter.... they have no obligation to profit share.

I thought I was. Ergo my saying we need to fix the problem and not expect Walmart to do so. Their competitors, too, need to pay a better wage, in fairness to all businesses.

Where Walmart loses is fewer workers whose pay is so fucking awful that Walmart is their only option. They might shop at Kroger if that's closer to home, etc.

The problem with you lefties is that Walmart is not failing, despite the fact that they don't adhere to your looney views on economics.

How could they possible fail when the US taxpayers are underwriting their profits via food stamps, section 8, WIC, and federally subsidized HEAP payments for expenses that the wages they pay should cover instead?

378830_367040946722459_1335270402_n.png

Presicely. One instance she should need our help: unemployed. One instance she should not need it: employed.

It's absurd that we permit companies to pay such poor wages that many of their workers need government help to bridge the gap. Why on earth taxpayers need to subsidize Walmart labor costs is beyond me.

Raise the minimum wage. Pronto and substantially.

Why the fuck would someone making $11.50 an hour need welfare? You have no clue.

Because, they only make about 460/wk (1,840/month) before taxes.

Can YOU make it on that much per month?

So you think the measure of a job is whether or not you can live on the pay?

Tell me how much do you think a full time dog shit picker upper should make?

The walkout included just one worker -- Vanessa Ferreira, age 59. Ferreira informed her manager publicly Wednesday morning that she was going on strike. The other employees watched her walk out of the store, then went back to doing their jobs.

Within a half hour, Ferreira would be told by police outside that she was trespassing and ordered to leave. She's worked in the store's cake department for eight years, and she earns $11.90 an hour, she said.

"They pay low wages, then the taxpayers pick up the tab for food stamps and Medicaid," Ferreira said. "They need to take care of their people. They need to be responsible to their workers."

This is about what I've been expecting.

Cops have always been tools of managment.

Why the fuck would someone making $11.50 an hour need welfare? You have no clue.

They do not, nor would they qualify. But assistance with healthcare, child daycare and food assistance are far from uncommon.
We have an astonishing class in America (what should not be permitted) : working poor.

Interesting little factoid. Did you know that E-5 and below in the military, their pay scale is low enough for them to qualify for WIC? It provides not only prenatal checkups, but also provides food for the family, as well as provides free formula for the first 6 months of the childs life?

I know this, because as an E-4 in the Navy, I found out about the program and also found out that I was paid low enough to qualify. If it hadn't been for WIC providing the formula for my 2 boys, it would have been hard to make it without getting a second job.

Yes I knew that.

Tell me; Did you have both kids when you joined?

Me too, so she qualifies for unemployment insurance.

She won't.

She refused to work
trespassed
and got arrested

she will, properly, get jack

My my such hatred on our day of thanks.

But are you sure we should stop there? How about we stone the bitch for not reinforcing the beliefs of the righty koolaid drinkers? Good plan?

"hate"?

how droll

how about stating the facts? or are you to leftist to care about those.

Bring back Blue Laws that prevent businesses from opening on holidays and week ends. Chick Fil A was closed.

Forum List

Back