One walmart worker "strikes", gets arrested

Presicely. One instance she should need our help: unemployed. One instance she should not need it: employed.

It's absurd that we permit companies to pay such poor wages that many of their workers need government help to bridge the gap. Why on earth taxpayers need to subsidize Walmart labor costs is beyond me.

Raise the minimum wage. Pronto and substantially.

Why the fuck would someone making $11.50 an hour need welfare? You have no clue.

Because, they only make about 460/wk (1,840/month) before taxes.

Can YOU make it on that much per month?

Definately, just long enough to get my ass out of there and on to better work and pay. And there is the key right there.

Last edited:
Presicely. One instance she should need our help: unemployed. One instance she should not need it: employed.

It's absurd that we permit companies to pay such poor wages that many of their workers need government help to bridge the gap. Why on earth taxpayers need to subsidize Walmart labor costs is beyond me.

Why the fuck would someone making $11.50 an hour need welfare? You have no clue.

Because, they only make about 460/wk (1,840/month) before taxes.

Can YOU make it on that much per month?

Sure.

IF he's living at home and mommy and daddy are paying his bills.

They do not, nor would they qualify. But assistance with healthcare, child daycare and food assistance are far from uncommon.
We have an astonishing class in America (what should not be permitted) : working poor.

If you are "working poor" don't blame the company you work for. YOU made some poor life choices not the company.

Either way, she'll be subsisting on below-poverty money and the tax payers will have to make up the difference.

I wonder if rw's would say the same if it was their mother.

:lmao:

companies are paying at least what the government sets as a minimum wage.

If you want to complain...complain about government, not what the companies that are paying the wage.

Its not Walmart... or any other company for that matter.... they have no obligation to profit share.

I thought I was. Ergo my saying we need to fix the problem and not expect Walmart to do so. Their competitors, too, need to pay a better wage, in fairness to all businesses.

Where Walmart loses is fewer workers whose pay is so fucking awful that Walmart is their only option. They might shop at Kroger if that's closer to home, etc.

They do not, nor would they qualify. But assistance with healthcare, child daycare and food assistance are far from uncommon.
We have an astonishing class in America (what should not be permitted) : working poor.

Interesting little factoid. Did you know that E-5 and below in the military, their pay scale is low enough for them to qualify for WIC? It provides not only prenatal checkups, but also provides food for the family, as well as provides free formula for the first 6 months of the childs life?

I know this, because as an E-4 in the Navy, I found out about the program and also found out that I was paid low enough to qualify. If it hadn't been for WIC providing the formula for my 2 boys, it would have been hard to make it without getting a second job.

I hope they fire her too!

And hire someone who wants to work.

Me too, so she qualifies for unemployment insurance.

She won't.

She refused to work
trespassed
and got arrested

she will, properly, get jack

My my such hatred on our day of thanks.

But are you sure we should stop there? How about we stone the bitch for not reinforcing the beliefs of the righty koolaid drinkers? Good plan?

If you are "working poor" don't blame the company you work for. YOU made some poor life choices not the company.

Really? Made some bad choices? What about those that decide to join the military?

E-5 and below are paid low enough to qualify for assistance in the form of WIC.

If you want to complain...complain about government, not what the companies that are paying the wage.

Its not Walmart... or any other company for that matter.... they have no obligation to profit share.

I thought I was. Ergo my saying we need to fix the problem and not expect Walmart to do so. Their competitors, too, need to pay a better wage, in fairness to all businesses.

Where Walmart loses is fewer workers whose pay is so fucking awful that Walmart is their only option. They might shop at Kroger if that's closer to home, etc.

The problem with you lefties is that Walmart is not failing, despite the fact that they don't adhere to your looney views on economics.

No, they don't have to pay a "better wage" All they have to pay is minimum wage. Not profit share.

I have to laugh a bit, everyone complains that big box business put mom and pop places out of business.... do you think they would survive if the minimum wage was put up where a utopian society wants? Who doesn't want $30 an hour for stocking a shelf or flipping a burger.

Interesting little factoid. Did you know that E-5 and below in the military, their pay scale is low enough for them to qualify for WIC? It provides not only prenatal checkups, but also provides food for the family, as well as provides free formula for the first 6 months of the childs life?

I know this, because as an E-4 in the Navy, I found out about the program and also found out that I was paid low enough to qualify. If it hadn't been for WIC providing the formula for my 2 boys, it would have been hard to make it without getting a second job.

Thanks you for your service and in fact I believe you entitled to that and more, out of gratitude and fairness to what you're doing for us.
Kudos.

Me too, so she qualifies for unemployment insurance.

She won't.

She refused to work
trespassed
and got arrested

But are you sure we should stop there? How about we stone the bitch for not reinforcing the beliefs of the righty koolaid drinkers? Good plan?

Ah "hatred". you should throw in "racist" as well for good measure.

Yeah i was in the Navy for 4 years, had a wife who birthed my oldest child during that time. I left as an E-5 and i never ever recieved WIC or assistance of any kind.

So E-5 is about where a good guvmint paycheck is about right for you, the SO and one of God's little miracles, ya reckon?

Yeah i was in the Navy for 4 years, had a wife who birthed my oldest child during that time. I left as an E-5 and i never ever recieved WIC or assistance of any kind.

Good for you. But what about the E-3 or E-4 who could really use the assistance? Are you going to look down on them for using it, even if they're eligible?

I know MANY people who have used WIC assistance. Matter of fact, as a PN it was kinda my job to let them know it was available.

She won't.

She refused to work
trespassed
and got arrested

Ah "hatred". you should throw in "racist" as well for good measure.

Does that apply too. Sorry, but only the seething hatred was apparent in what you'd posted.

But thanks for filling that in.

WalMart isn't the only retailer who hates their employees -

Black Friday Creep Costs Retail Workers Their Thanksgiving

Awwwwww......get another job then.:eusa_boohoo:

Well, dang, I wonder why they didn't think of that.

(You're an idiot. A damn ignorant rw idiot who has no clue about what its like to live in the real word because your parents still support you.)

are you going to start Whining again?....

Forum List

Back