one thing should elevate kerry above all others, but it won't

DKSuddeth

Oct 20, 2003
North Texas
Normally, having a Congressional Medal of Honor on your resume should skyrocket anyone to the top of the list. Not so with John Kerry and I don't think it will get an better after his interview in rolling stone magazine. Did anyone read it or hear about it?

Potty mouth probably just dropped a few percentage points! :laugh:

December 6, 2003 -- Struggling 2004 Democratic wannabe John Kerry fires an X-rated attack at President Bush over Iraq and uses the f-word - highly unusual language for a presidential contender - in a stunning new interview with Rolling Stone magazine.

Sen. Kerry (Mass.) used the undeleted expletive to express his frustration and anger over how the Iraq issue has hurt him because he voted for the war resolution while Democratic front-runner Howard Dean has soared by opposing it.

"I voted for what I thought was best for the country. Did I expect Howard Dean to go off to the left and say, 'I'm against everything'? Sure. Did I expect George Bush to f - - - it up as badly as he did? I don't think anybody did," Kerry told the youth-oriented magazine.

Brookings Institution presidential scholar Stephen Hess said he can't recall another candidate attacking a president with X-rated language in a public interview.

"It's so unnecessary," Hess said. "In a way it's a kind of pandering [by Kerry] to a group he sees as hip . . . I think John Kerry is going to regret saying this."

Kerry was accurately quoted in Rolling Stone, said spokesman David Wade, adding the X-rated language reflects the fact that Bush's Iraq policy "makes John Kerry's blood boil."

Kerry yesterday angrily cited his war record in Vietnam when asked by a New Hampshire student about charges that it's unpatriotic to attack the commander-in-chief, fuming: "I left some blood on a battlefield that President Bush never left anywhere."

Two polls this week showed Dean leads Kerry by a landslide 3-1 in key New Hampshire.

http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/43544.htm

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
he could have gotten the point across much better by saying 'screwed' instead. what a dolt.

In his defense, I guess he lowered his standards a bit since he probably felt he was reaching younger readers based on Rolling Stone's target audience.

This will certainly hurt his character. I don't think he stood a chance anyway, but that's even more reason to watch every step you make.

This will certainly hurt his character. I don't think he stood a chance anyway, but that's even more reason to watch every step you make.

The democratic party just astounds me with their ignorance now. If they are still trying to keep the 'clinton image' alive and use it as a beacon then kerry should have remembered that Bill Clinton reached a younger vote without using profanity.

I used to think at the beginning that kerry might have a chance, now dean, but I have to be honest, Dean scares me with his agenda. Thats just too far left for me.

Hey now Republicans, don't get your hackles up. Lest you forget that GW Bush called a reporter a "major league A$$hole" into a mic that was on. He also was recorded swearing many times in front of as well as at reporters. So what if Kerry swore, at least he's blunt. Calling him a potty mouth...that makes me laugh...did any of you read the report the GOP paid Ken Starr to put out? Talk about x-rated! I don't think Kerry will get the nomination, but it won't be because he said the f-word.

Originally posted by acludem
Hey now Republicans, don't get your hackles up. Lest you forget that GW Bush called a reporter a "major league A$$hole" into a mic that was on. He also was recorded swearing many times in front of as well as at reporters. So what if Kerry swore, at least he's blunt. Calling him a potty mouth...that makes me laugh...did any of you read the report the GOP paid Ken Starr to put out? Talk about x-rated! I don't think Kerry will get the nomination, but it won't be because he said the f-word.

It didn't have as much to do with using the f word as much as it was using it against the president of the USA.

Like I said, this pinhead doesn't stand a chance anyway, so he only added to an otherwise dismal campaign.

I just went and read the interview and Senator Kerry sounds pretty reasonable...I especially liked the memo from a Nixon aide "destroy the young demagogue before he becomes another Ralph Nader".

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
Normally, having a Congressional Medal of Honor on your resume should skyrocket anyone to the top of the list. Not so with John Kerry and I don't think it will get an better after his interview in rolling stone magazine. Did anyone read it or hear about it?

It's not the Medal of Honor, it's a Silver Star. A Silver Star is quite, impressive, to be sure, but there is a world of difference.

It's not the Medal of Honor, it's a Silver Star. A Silver Star is quite, impressive, to be sure, but there is a world of difference.

Yes, my mistake. I don't remember where I heard that from though.

so, correction on my part. a silver star and a bronze star for kerry

I seriously doubt that the *gasp* f word *gasp* will harm Kerry's bid. Everybody uses curse words and it was suitable for the point that Kerry was trying to get across.

I much prefer that Kerry say what he truly believes rather than cover it up by evading questions all day, like what he and Dean usually do.

The best John ever was awarded was a Silver Star.

The one who got the MOH is from Nebraska and used to date Linda Ronstadt.

Forum List

Back