One thing I don't like about Facebook

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
If you decide to join a certain group is posted for all your friends to see. Why does that have to be on display that I joined a certain group? For example i saw a friend of mine joined a BBW lovers group and that's his business. I didn't need to know what he likes and where he goes to find it

That's the only criticism I have about Facebook. Just wish that information can be private

BTW: I wish it was a such thing as "FamilyBook" lol I don't need my mom on the same list as my friends

Use an alias. Set up a bogus account using an e-mail set up through Google, Yahoo, etc. Become friends with those you want to glean info from (relatives, co-workers, ) and set up a believable profile.

You need not divulge any "real" information about yourself. It's sorta sneaky, but a good way to use Facebook without all the intrusions into your private life

Use an alias. Set up a bogus account using an e-mail set up through Google, Yahoo, etc. Become friends with those you want to glean info from (relatives, co-workers, ) and set up a believable profile.

You need not divulge any "real" information about yourself. It's sorta sneaky, but a good way to use Facebook without all the intrusions into your private life

what is the purpose of setting up a bogus account if my family and relatives will still be on my friends list?

One thing about Facebook I don't like;

Facebook.........

Facebook has been responsible for a lot of message boards losing activity but I see this site has not been affected by social media

what is the purpose of setting up a bogus account if my family and relatives will still be on my friends list?
You can deactivate or even delete your current facebook account. I believe there is a waiting period to delete it.

You can deactivate or even delete your current facebook account. I believe there is a waiting period to delete it.

The discussion was about me being on facebook and not wanting my family or friends to see what groups I joined.

So it would defeat the purpose of getting a bogus FB account to add my relatives and friends

I don't really care. You are the one that thinks something is wrong if they don't use social media.
Get ME?

The discussion was about me being on facebook and not wanting my family or friends to see what groups I joined.

So it would defeat the purpose of getting a bogus FB account to add my relatives and friends
True. However you could join those groups on the other facebook account, so your family and friends won't know what groups you've joined. Later, you can delete either of the two accounts if you so desire.

Russia recently passed a law requiring all websites to store personal information of their users on Russian servers, ostensibly to "protect" Russian citizens. Yeah, right....... Welllllll, that means they are tied into (or can be tied into) the main servers with everyone's personal information.........
Oh and in Russia there is little difference between the Russian mafia and the Russian government, they work hand in hand............ Russia is one of the largest computer fraud perpetrators.

Forum List

Back