One simple reason why I will vote for McCain

I meant the financing

In order to have faith in the financing, you have to have faith in the economic stimulus plan creating the kind of jobs that it promises.

On this part I'll fight for it as long as I have the faith, and I'll believe it when I see it, and I'll keep my fingers crossed the whole time.

But it beats not taking the risk and wishing things would change for yet another 4 to 8 years.

-Joe

In order to have faith in the financing, you have to have faith in the economic stimulus plan creating the kind of jobs that it promises.

On this part I'll fight for it as long as I have the faith, and I'll believe it when I see it, and I'll keep my fingers crossed the whole time.

But it beats not taking the risk and wishing things would change for yet another 4 to 8 years.

-Joe

:lol: well done-----you edited it out of your post---care to repeat what you claimed ? :lol:

Ulitmately I dont think my vote means a flip one way or another---I'm just sick of the same old crap and the Dems and the GOP only bring us different sides of the same shitty coin.

I so agree with you on this. I am so tired of voting for the other guy. It would be so nice to have a chnage of pace and vote for someone i actually liked.
It seems like I walk in to vote and The first thing I ask myself is which one will be the least harmful. That really sucks. We need to throw them all out and start again.

I so agree with you on this. I am so tired of voting for the other guy. It would be so nice to have a chnage of pace and vote for someone i actually liked.
It seems like I walk in to vote and The first thing I ask myself is which one will be the least harmful. That really sucks. We need to throw them all out and start again.

It does suck and I'm never walking in a booth again unless there is someone on the ballot that I actually want to be elected. I'm done.

Last edited:
It does suck and I'm never walking in a booth again unless there is someone on the ballot that I actually. I'm done.

There are third party candidates sometimes that I like and I vote for someone from the major party because i don't want the other guy. I just hate it. I feel like I sell out every time. We need a strong third or even fourth party. It would prevent the BS hold ups and everything else in government.

the fact of McCain picking Palin is enough out of the box for me
about the only other person he could have picked that would have pleased me more would have been JC Watts

Obama on the other hand picked a total DC insider

Post the tax bracket that shows you'll be paying 49% under Obama's plan or lick my balls, mod wanna-be.

The man said it him self. He said he wanted to go back to the tax plan that was alive during the clinton administration. If you look at that, the category I am refering to was paying a ridiculous 49%.

I do actually. I have a feeling about this election. Obama has recognizable 'leadership skills'. Skills I've never seen on the national stage.

-Joe

Not because I'm an 'Obama zombie, it's just that this is the first election I've ever seen that was not scripted by the checkbooks that prop up both the DNC and the RNC.

this part, Joe. You are claiming Obama is not propped up by the DNC checkbook ?

The man said it him self. He said he wanted to go back to the tax plan that was alive during the clinton administration. If you look at that, the category I am refering to was paying a ridiculous 49%.

This is personal, and feel free to tell me to fuck off, but what kind of gross and net income range are we talking here? Ballpark range will do.

Perhaps you are paying your fair share, perhaps you should have your accountant investigated.

I'm really concerned here! Even the richest Good Ol' Boys shouldn't have to pay half!

-Joe

Hillary said this word for word in an interview. Obama was in complete agreement with her.

no ... she never did... you're living in a little right wing fantasy world. And I'm pretty sure you're not in the top 1% of wage earners... so your taxes would likely drop by $1,000 a year according to the actual discussions about the tax plan.

One of the simple reasons I will vote for McCain is that I really do not feel like giving 49% of the money that I earn to the government.

Please feel free to put your thoughts out there on this subject and give one simple reason why you will be casting your vote the way that you do.

:eusa_angel:

If you make less than $112,000 dollars a year, Obama's tax plan cuts your taxes more that McCain's.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/elections-2008/57045-obama-versue-mccain-on-taxes.html#post754296

this part, Joe. You are claiming Obama is not propped up by the DNC checkbook ?

Yes. So far, in the research I've done, I've concluded in my own mind that the lobbyists and the pacs don't have a cash receipt for Obamas loyalty... even if he did deal with some of them while figuring out how to wiggle into the system they own.

I also firmly believe that the same can NOT be said about the majority of the rest of the high profile faces in the democratic party. Obama will have a gridlock problem if the only thing in Washington DC with a lower approval rating than Bush isn't also changed on both sides of the aisle: Congress.

-Joe

I know my tax bracket will go up to 49% because ge wants basiclly the same tax structure that hillary was advocating. She was going to go back to what her husbands administration imposed, whuch was 49%.
I don't ever remember a 49% tax bracket. Please post a link to prove this.

One of the simple reasons I will vote for McCain is that I really do not feel like giving 49% of the money that I earn to the government.
That's a good reason.

Do you have any reason to believe Obama will raise your tax rate to 49%?

Please feel free to put your thoughts out there on this subject and give one simple reason why you will be casting your vote the way that you do.

:eusa_angel:

I seldom have simple reasons for doing anything.

I tend to have complex reasons for most things I do because far too often life is complex.

However in this election, my reasoning is fairly simple...

Obama is not McCain.

And since I know what McCain thinks the nation should do (more of same) and I think we are on the wrong path, I'll be electing someone who at least agrees with me that we need to change the road we're headed down.

That's the simplest way I can explain it.

Yes. So far, in the research I've done, I've concluded in my own mind that the lobbyists and the pacs don't have a cash receipt for Obamas loyalty... even if he did deal with some of them while figuring out how to wiggle into the system they own.

I also firmly believe that the same can NOT be said about the majority of the rest of the high profile faces in the democratic party. Obama will have a gridlock problem if the only thing in Washington DC with a lower approval rating than Bush isn't also changed on both sides of the aisle: Congress.

-Joe

:lol: nice rationalization

One reason I'll be voting for Bob Barr of the Libertarian party is because neither the Democrats or Republicans in their respective periods of controlling the legislative or executive branches have done a thing to curb federal spending. Our nation is at least nine-trillion dollars in debt, and there's no end in sight. The federal government thinks that it can operate with a blank checkbook. This has to stop.

"The $3.1 trillion federal budget submitted by President Bush for 2009 is greater than the combined 1998 spending of the federal government, all 50 states and over 87,000 local governments." Source: Bob Barr 2008 Issues Spending & The Economy

Is that not astonishing?

You want real, substantial change? Buck the system, vote Libertarian.

One of the saner reasons one can offer for voting for a candidate.

I won't be voting for this guy because I think he's a complete lunatic, but if you agree with him on many issues, I suspect he's real enough.

New Topics

Forum List

Back