One SCOTUS Appointee Away From National Gay Marriage

William Joyce

Chemotherapy for PC
Jan 23, 2004
Caucasiastan
Obama's Gay Marriage Ploy And The Coming Antietam Of The Culture War | VDARE.com

Four liberal activists on the Supreme Court—Elena Kagan, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Stephen Breyer and Sonia Sotomayor—are probably ready to declare that homosexual marriage is a constitutional right, as their predecessors declared abortion to be a constitutional right.

But Obama needs one more justice. If elected, he will get it, and same-sex marriage will be forced on all of America. If Romney wins, the Supreme Court will likely leave the issue of same-sex marriage to be decided by the people and their elected representatives.

Thus everything is up for grabs this November: the House, the Senate, the presidency, the Supreme Court and whether we still call the United States of America God's country.

Interestingly, three of the four gay marriage justices are Jews.

Last edited:
Obama's Gay Marriage Ploy And The Coming Antietam Of The Culture War | VDARE.com

Four liberal activists on the Supreme Court—Elena Kagan, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Stephen Breyer and Sonia Sotomayor—are probably ready to declare that homosexual marriage is a constitutional right, as their predecessors declared abortion to be a constitutional right.

But Obama needs one more justice. If elected, he will get it, and same-sex marriage will be forced on all of America. If Romney wins, the Supreme Court will likely leave the issue of same-sex marriage to be decided by the people and their elected representatives.

Thus everything is up for grabs this November: the House, the Senate, the presidency, the Supreme Court and whether we still call the United States of America God's country.

Interestingly, three of the four gay marriage justices are Jews.

Good to see you are not melodramatic about this issue:cuckoo:

Last edited:
Four of the Supreme Court are complete reprobates, ready to ram their gavels up the rear-end of the American public, Constitution and decency be damned. So yes, we are one court justice away from the Supreme Court declaring not that homosexual marriage is a right, but that no one has a right not to play along.

Yes, three of the four queers are Jews. The fourth might as well be a Jew. Her values and her staff are Jewish.

Four of the Supreme Court are complete reprobates, ready to ram their gavels up the rear-end of the American public, Constitution and decency be damned. So yes, we are one court justice away from the Supreme Court declaring not that homosexual marriage is a right, but that no one has a right not to play along.

Yes, three of the four queers are Jews. The fourth might as well be a Jew. Her values and her staff are Jewish.

You are racist, anti Semitic, and hate gay Americans? How do you survive in America?

Legal recognition of
same-sex relationships
[hide]Marriage
Argentina
Belgium
Canada
Iceland
Netherlands

Norway
Portugal
South Africa
Spain
Sweden

Performed in some jurisdictions
Brazil: AL
Mexico: Mexico City
United States: CT, DC, IA, MA, NH, NY, VT, Coquille, Suquamish

Recognized, not performed
Aruba, Curaçao and Sint Maarten (Netherlands only)
Israel
Mexico: all states (Mexico City only)
United States: CA (conditional), MD

[show]Civil unions and
registered partnerships
Andorra
Austria
Brazil
Colombia
Czech Republic
Denmark
Ecuador
Finland
France
- New Caledonia
- Wallis and Futuna
Germany

Greenland
Hungary
Ireland
Isle of Man
Jersey
Liechtenstein
Luxembourg
New Zealand
Slovenia
Switzerland
United Kingdom
Uruguay

Australia: ACT, NSW, QLD, TAS, VIC
Mexico: COA
United States: CA, CO, DE, HI, IL, ME, NJ, NV, OR, RI, WA, WI
Venezuela: Mérida

[show]Unregistered cohabitation
Australia
Croatia

Israel

Recognized in some jurisdictions
United States: MD

[show]See also
Same-sex marriage
Same-sex marriage legislation
Timeline of same-sex marriage
Recognition of same-sex unions in Europe
Recognition of same-sex unions in South America

I see only we and Gabon allow testing on Chimpazees...

Only we and New Guinea don't have parental leave...

Thanks Pubbies....

You are racist, anti Semitic, and hate gay Americans? How do you survive in America?

Those biases have helped me avoid crime and HIV.

I have never been arrested, nor charged with a crime. I have never contracted a sexually transmitted disease, yet I have no list of groups of humans that I hate or avoid. Liberty does not constrict one's life, it frees one's mind.

Legal recognition of
same-sex relationships
[hide]Marriage
Argentina
Belgium
Canada
Iceland
Netherlands

Norway
Portugal
South Africa
Spain
Sweden

Brazil: AL
Mexico: Mexico City
United States: CT, DC, IA, MA, NH, NY, VT, Coquille, Suquamish

Recognized, not performed
Aruba, Curaçao and Sint Maarten (Netherlands only)
Israel
Mexico: all states (Mexico City only)
United States: CA (conditional), MD

[show]Civil unions and
registered partnerships
Andorra
Austria
Brazil
Colombia
Czech Republic
Denmark
Ecuador
Finland
France
- New Caledonia
- Wallis and Futuna
Germany

Greenland
Hungary
Ireland
Isle of Man
Jersey
Liechtenstein
Luxembourg
New Zealand
Slovenia
Switzerland
United Kingdom
Uruguay

Australia: ACT, NSW, QLD, TAS, VIC
Mexico: COA
United States: CA, CO, DE, HI, IL, ME, NJ, NV, OR, RI, WA, WI
Venezuela: Mérida

[show]Unregistered cohabitation
Australia
Croatia

Israel

Recognized in some jurisdictions
United States: MD

[show]See also
Same-sex marriage
Same-sex marriage legislation
Timeline of same-sex marriage
Recognition of same-sex unions in Europe
Recognition of same-sex unions in South America

I see only we and Gabon allow testing on Chimpazees...

Only we and New Guinea don't have parental leave...

Thanks Pubbies....

My thanks to you for this helpful list.

We're really turning into a Reaganist nightmare. If they overturn health reform and elect Rich boy, I'm out of here. Cheap health care in India, where my parents met. I'll check everything on the way...

One SCOTUS Appointee Away From National Gay Marriage

Actually not. The 5 votes are already there:

Gay marriage fight may hinge on Supreme Court's Anthony Kennedy

Justice Anthony Kennedy, a Republican, hasn't toed the conservative line on gay rights. That may deter the Supreme Court from taking the Proposition 8 case.

The Supreme Court has nine justices, but if the constitutional fight over same-sex marriage reaches them this year, the decision will probably come down to just one: a California Republican and Reagan-era conservative who has nonetheless written the court's two leading gay rights opinions.

JusticeAnthony M. Kennedy, 75, often holds the court's deciding vote on the major issues that divide its liberals and conservatives. More often than not, that vote has swung the court to the right. But on gay rights, Kennedy has been anything but a "culture wars" conservative.

And if the Court elects to not grant cert:

When an appeal reaches the high court, the four most conservative justices will face a tough choice: Vote to have the court hear the case and run the risk that Kennedy would side with the more liberal justices to go beyond the 9th Circuit decision and establish a nationwide right to same-sex marriage. Or turn the case aside, leaving same-sex marriage intact in California but setting no national precedent.

Thus an Obama re-election won’t turn the Court ‘liberal.’

Source for the cited above:

Gay marriage fight may hinge on Supreme Court's Anthony Kennedy - Los Angeles Times

Forum List

Back