One reason mass shootings are up-psychotropic drug use(Xanax,Paxil,Valium)We rely on PILLS too much

One of the reasons there are more mass shootings in recent years is contributed to by the WIDESPREAD use of psychotropic drugs, especially combined with alcohol abuse.

[...]
There might be some level of contributing pharmacological effect in some situations where a subject is troubled by an existing psychological disorder, but the notion that drugs, either alone or predominantly, are responsible for these psychotic episodes is extreme. If it were true, considering the volume of these prescriptions issued every day there would be substantially more bursts of murderous rage than we have seen.

One of the reasons there are more mass shootings in recent years is contributed to by the WIDESPREAD use of psychotropic drugs, especially combined with alcohol abuse.

List of psychotropic medications - Wikipedia

If we actually want to reduce mass shootings, this is ONE ASPECT that should be addressed.

Since 1993, GUN OWNERSHIP IS UP 50%, WHILE GUN HOMICIDES ARE DOWN 50%....It'S NOT THE GUNS THEMSELVES.

Let's see the PROGRESSIVES directly take on the drug companies. :biggrin:

guns_per_person_vs._gun_homicide_rate_1993_to_2013_0.jpg

percent_changes_since_1993_-_number_of_firearms_vs._gun_homicide_rate_1993-2013.png
Nice deflection. It's not the drugs.

`
`

I've been on psychotropic medication since I've been 13. Between then and now, I've raised three daughters while single, gone to college and graduated with a degree and have been rather successful in the work field. I've never had any homicidal urges.

I spent half my life before antidepressants were around. Something WRONG with me that I couldn't be happy like everyone else. Shrinks suggested shock therapy, lithium, you name it. I politely said no. The antidepressants once they came along made a huge difference.

France loves them some mass shootings...what is the reason it happens there?

`
`

I've been on psychotropic medication since I've been 13. Between then and now, I've raised three daughters while single, gone to college and graduated with a degree and have been rather successful in the work field. I've never had any homicidal urges.

I have access to guns, and I've never had any homicidal urges.

Forum List

Back