One radio station has dropped Rush

Nine Advertisers Flee Rush Limbaugh, but Pro-Gingrich Super Pac Stays - ABC News

KPUA AM 670 in Hilo, Hawaii

THIS will be interesting to follow. If more stations start dropping him ... well ... how many would? What would they replace him with which wouldn't result in massive protests from listeners?

I'd bet the result would be people running up and down the dial looking for another station to listen to.

almost anything. he was dropped in boston several years ago and no one cared.

he's truly a legend in his own mind.

Nine Advertisers Flee Rush Limbaugh, but Pro-Gingrich Super Pac Stays - ABC News

THIS will be interesting to follow. If more stations start dropping him ... well ... how many would? What would they replace him with which wouldn't result in massive protests from listeners?

I'd bet the result would be people running up and down the dial looking for another station to listen to.

Hawaii is as liberal as it get's They are one of the most democratic controlled states in the union. That have voted twice for a republican president and once for a Governor. It's no surprised that happened.

Liberal Boston drops Conservative mouth piece no surprise there either.

probably the most popular talk show host in boston is a conservative.

whatever rush had to say was finished being said about twenty years ago.

probably the most popular talk show host in boston is a conservative.

whatever rush had to say was finished being said about twenty years ago.

Still it's no surprise.

Not really. Rush is a broadcasting legend. He has the number one show in the country and is number one in almost every market he competes in. Even here in liberal Los Angeles - his show is number one. He knows exactly how to rub liberals the wrong way, for that alone he is legendary.

He can always jump to subscription and any subscription service knows they will get millions of subscribers if they took him on.

The left's been trying to get Rush off the air for years. And they think they have the issue that will do it, during an election year.

He isn't going to go anywhere without a fight.

Oh I just love the dramatic headlines they're throwing out there. AOL just suspending (I started a thread on that). Pro Flowers is out for good, Carbonite as well. BTW good show on your email.

Sleep Train, Sleep Number and Legal Zoom have only suspended to date.

And if you're a Rush listener, you don't tune into anyone else. You're right, they'll change stations.

And that Hawaiian station could lose local advertisers. I listen to Rush out of the Flag in Fargo and if they cancelled Rush, clients would move to another station.

The left's been trying to get Rush off the air for years. And they think they have the issue that will do it, during an election year.

He isn't going to go anywhere without a fight.

Clear Channel is standing by him saying it's a matter free speech.
He's not going anywhere.

And when it came to the "phony soldier" bruhaha sp? Rush ended up crucifying Harry Reid.
Limbaugh is a survivor.

Not really. Rush is a broadcasting legend. He has the number one show in the country and is number one in almost every market he competes in. Even here in liberal Los Angeles - his show is number one. He knows exactly how to rub liberals the wrong way, for that alone he is legendary.
Zander, he has competition. Though Coulter, Savage, Beck, Drudge, and the rest may agree on HIS show, it stands to reason they want his ratings.

If all the radio stations in the world dropped Rush, I'm sure he could eat pork chops and buy his drugs with no problem for the rest of his life. Years ago I used to find him very entertaining and I listened to him all the time. Then as time went by, he began to feel a lot like my ex-wife. Now, it's probably been more than a year since I've listened to him. He's a very intelligent man, and some of the things he has to say make some sense BUT like all who become famous, he's too hung up on himself and has become a bore.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Forum List

Back