One question that science can't answer: "What's the point of it all?"

Yes, they wondered about the question but without insulting science, I speak three languages
Is English a second or third language to you, because your grammar is very poor which is why I ask.

I by the way have never insulted science, I have insulted clowns pretending to be part of science.

Now can you explain dark matter?
You can insult me about my English, I do not care ... I prefer to have a bad english that a vicious attitude like you, what exactly are you looking for at the forum with your insult ?
I am not insulting your English, I am insulting all people who believe in dinosaurs living with people and others who see dark matter on the wind
Yes, you insulted me about my English, but here at the forum the members know me now and they do not care how I speak. You seem to be very unhappy in your real life to look for trouble with member who only want to discuss science. I hope you understood what I said? i ask you since i express myself so badly.
You said you believe the wind is or is caused by dark matter, please explain
No, I did not say that, I said I had compare the hurricane Dorian rotation and the Milky Way and the principle of rotation is similar. and that the dark matter would be "maybe" an energy caused by (Something like the winds) and I also said that it was surely crazy as a theory. but I said it anyway because the Dark Matter was not proven.

Wrong. Science and philosophy are codependent branches of the SAME THING. Philosophy attempts to answer those things that science fails to do.
Haha...yeah, tries and fails miserably. Philosophy is dead. We have empirical methods, now.

Wrong. Science and philosophy are codependent branches of the SAME THING. Philosophy attempts to answer those things that science fails to do.
Haha...yeah, tries and fails miserably. Philosophy is dead. We have empirical methods, now.

Dummkopf. Empirical methods, the very bedrock of science, goes back thousands of years.

Dummkopf. Empirical methods, the very bedrock of science, goes back thousands of years.
Yes, and those were our first and worst attempts. Clearly we are better at it now. Obviously. I shouldn't have to spell that out for you.

Yes, and those were our first and worst attempts. Clearly we are better at it now. Obviously. I shouldn't have to spell that out for you.

That a guy determined once and for all that the Earth was a round ball and not flat and came very close to estimating its total diameter with nothing more than a stick and its shadow, I wouldn't call that a bad attempt.

That a guy determined once and for all that the Earth was a round ball and not flat and came very close to estimating its total diameter with nothing more than a stick and its shadow, I wouldn't call that a bad attempt.
Agreed. Now a child knows this when they are 3.

What did Eratosthenes think of pathogens and galaxies? Surely you see my point. We have better, .ore robust methods of determining knowledge, now. Philosoohy is niw a nice hobby, but It's a novelty. Even our ethics and morality are now better served falling back on empirical knowledge.

What did Eratosthenes think of pathogens and galaxies? Surely you see my point. We have better, .ore robust methods of determining knowledge, now. Philosoohy is niw a nice hobby, but It's a novelty. Even our ethics and morality are now better served falling back on empirical knowledge.

Science is evolutionary. Our better steps today are only possible because of all the work that went before they are built on, so I do not discount it as "inferior." FOR THEIR TIME, they were just as cutting edge. As to philosophy, likewise, philosophy stands on its own merits. It fills the gaps like portland cement in the concrete mix of science which science does not yet explain. Philosophy comes in spurts, it evolves. In years past we philosophized about the ego, the id, the soul, consciousness but we still don't know. For now, the modern philosopher is in part being replaced by the theoretical physicist. Philosophy survives. It is the necessary timeless intellectual pursuit of intelligent people.

Science is evolutionary. Our better steps today are only possible because of all the work that went before they are built on, so I do not discount it as "inferior." FOR THEIR TIME, they were just as cutting edge. As to philosophy, likewise, philosophy stands on its own merits. It fills the gaps like portland cement in the concrete mix of science which science does not yet explain. Philosophy comes in spurts, it evolves. In years past we philosophized about the ego, the id, the soul, consciousness but we still don't know. For now, the modern philosopher is in part being replaced by the theoretical physicist. Philosophy survives. It is the necessary timeless intellectual pursuit of intelligent people.
Yes, and our metbods and knowledge now are far superior to our first and worst attempts at philosophy, science, medicine, and just about anything else: religion.

Time to put away that childish toy.

Yes, and our metbods and knowledge now are far superior to our first and worst attempts at philosophy, science, medicine, and just about anything else
As they should be. All things grow, evolve and improve with time and practice.
  • But just because today we have the math to calculate the trajectory of a launch to Pluto, does that mean that Euclid was a buffoon? It is because of Euclid that we can do what we do today.
  • Today we can look inside the atom, even the proton, but does that mean the work of James Clerk Maxwell was rubbish?
  • Today we can alter the DNA and splice genes, but does that mean that the efforts of Zacharias Janssen were a waste of time?
Everything is built upon the work and efforts of what came before it. Take that away and the entire process crumbles. No one can truly say they have an erudite and well-rounded education and grasp of the world and human condition without having read at least a little of Kant, Santayana, Aurobindo, Nietzsche, or Spinoza. What athletics is to the body, philosophy is to the mind.

Yes, and our metbods and knowledge now are far superior to our first and worst attempts at philosophy, science, medicine, and just about anything else
As they should be. All things grow, evolve and improve with time and practice.
  • But just because today we have the math to calculate the trajectory of a launch to Pluto, does that mean that Euclid was a buffoon? It is because of Euclid that we can do what we do today.
  • Today we can look inside the atom, even the proton, but does that mean the work of James Clerk Maxwell was rubbish?
  • Today we can alter the DNA and splice genes, but does that mean that the efforts of Zacharias Janssen were a waste of time?
Everything is built upon the work and efforts of what came before it. Take that away and the entire process crumbles. No one can truly say they have an erudite and well-rounded education and grasp of the world and human condition without having read at least a little of Kant, Santayana, Aurobindo, Nietzsche, or Spinoza. What athletics is to the body, philosophy is to the mind.
Cool the last post here was made by an ignored member, so long fort funny

Forum List

Back