One point for V.P. Biden

He had to drag them out of the grave to make a sympathy point with the families of fallen military.

The 40 year old grief card during a tight campaign? You gotta give Biden some slack though. We never had a VP who was declared brain dead before.

Ok, a point for Newt.

I was watching him on Hardball, he was cool, calm and so interesting in his analysis of the Romney campaign right now.

There was no animosity or sour grapes, just direct answers to each question. Matthews asked him why he was so boring now and so fun during the campaign and he just said he's a team player.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa-wzUIY4oc]Newt Gingrich on Hardball Talking Politics - YouTube[/ame]

Good interview.

“There will come a day, I promise you, and your parents, as well, when the thought of your son or daughter or your husband or wife brings a smile to your lips before it brings a tear to your eye,” he said. “It will happen. My prayer for you is that day will come sooner or later. But the only thing I have more experience than you in is this: I’m telling you it will come.”
I lost my son 23 years ago. Joe is right. The thought of him generally does bring a smile.

“There will come a day, I promise you, and your parents, as well, when the thought of your son or daughter or your husband or wife brings a smile to your lips before it brings a tear to your eye,” he said. “It will happen. My prayer for you is that day will come sooner or later. But the only thing I have more experience than you in is this: I’m telling you it will come.”
I lost my son 23 years ago. Joe is right. The thought of him generally does bring a smile.

PRECISELY the portion of his comments which I had in mind.

And I think it takes a genuine human being to share that pain (however many years later, the pain goes on and on and on) to help ease the sorrow in others.

“Keep thinking what your husband or wife would want you to do. Keep thinking what it is, and keep remembering those kids of yours, or him or her the rest of their life, blood of my blood, bone of my bone, because, folks, it can and will get better,” he said.

Despite my thoughts of him as a bumbling dolt?

He dispersed those on a human level...not unlike my own life experiences with my own Family.

I remove my hat and say a prayer in reverence.

Forum List

Back