One Parenthood Downside: Children's Birthday Parties

If these were your kids might I suggest next time, especially since it's that time of year, that you do what my daughter did last year and do a toy drive for toys for tots.

My daughter stopped receiving birthday or Christmas gifts like five years ago (her choice) and now she donates everything that she would've gotten to toys for tots.

On a side note the last time I took her to the petting zoo and goat tried to eat her shoe and it scared the crap out of her :lol:

If these were your kids might I suggest next time, especially since it's that time of year, that you do what my daughter did last year and do a toy drive for toys for tots.

My daughter stopped receiving birthday or Christmas gifts like five years ago (her choice) and now she donates everything that she would've gotten to toys for tots.

On a side note the last time I took her to the petting zoo and goat tried to eat her shoe and it scared the crap out of her :lol:
I will remember that when it is time to take my son to the petting zoo! Right now he thinks it is funny to grab the cat's tail and crawls after the dog night and day!

That's sweet of her Silence, she has a good head on her shoulders!

Also, she could donate to homeless shelters and shelters for abused women. Sometimes the kids there don't have many toys.

I teach in the inner city, and have taken MANY of my daughter's stuffed animals and toys to give to the kids there. I also buy them presents for their birthday and Christmas. You would think I had given them a million dollars. So many of them still come up to me and say, " Ms. O-----, I still sleep with that stuffed bunny you gave me." It means so much to them, and to us to make them happy. Also, as your kids grow, don't forget to donate their old clothes to those places too. Our school takes donations of new or used khaki pants and polo shirts, since the kids wear uniforms. The shelters could use kid and adult clothes too folks!

Want to know what is worse than being a parent and having to go to all those parties? Being SINGLE and having to go for all your friends' children. I think parents have a high pitch noise filter that us single folks haven't yet developed. Ouch!

Want to know what is worse than being a parent and having to go to all those parties? Being SINGLE and having to go for all your friends' children. I think parents have a high pitch noise filter that us single folks haven't yet developed. Ouch!

I have to agree there. Parents must be able to tune that out in a way that us single childless people aren't able to. I hear a baby scream and I cringe every time...

Forum List

Back