One of these 16 people

Pfft....Florida is absolutely surging toward Romney right now. All professional polling agencies have Romney ahead and by growing margins. Only media polls have Obama ahead and they are mostly useless. Something very significant will have to happen in Obama's favor for him to win Florida.

I think old white people are flipping democrat to republican....

I think old folks are starting to realize that the democrat party is not their fathers party or the party when they were younger and they will flip...

Those who supported JFK in 1960 would flip to republican in this era...

According to the trends you would be absolutely correct. I have all of this broken down on my polling analysis thread and your assessment is spot on. Younger voters are moving toward Obama but voters 46 and older are moving strongly toward Romney (see my Demographics Report for 5/22 on the thread I linked). Now certainly that could change between now and election day, but the trends right now are very strong that Florida is history where Obama is concerned.

Well I'm only 32, but I just figured Florida was a place where "old rich white people" retire.

I think the spending, taxes and especially the proposed 50% inheritance tax really scares older folks....

Older folks know they're not going to live forever but they want to see their wealth passed on to their family - NOT the government.....

I like Rubio and I like Ryan, although Ryan said he would not run for Prez at this time because his family is young (little kids) so would he accept the VP spot? <shrugs>

Not Christie. Call me an weightist but I swear to you that guy will stroke out at the most inopportune moment. He really needs to shed some poundage.

wtf is up with the pic of Pawlenty? He is herping AND derping in that one!

None of the wimminz . . . not this time around. Still recovering from being Palinized.

HEY!! That is NOT fair. I am going to read up on the women, but my first choice is C. Rice.

Wow, not only are you a sexist for preferring a female candidate, you are a bigot for excluding a candidate because he is fat. Did you know that fat kids commit suicide because of bullies like you?

Normal people consider values, issues and trust for candidates. You consider sex and weight. This proves my opinion that most liberals are very judgmental and bigoted people.

Last edited:
I like Rubio and I like Ryan, although Ryan said he would not run for Prez at this time because his family is young (little kids) so would he accept the VP spot? <shrugs>

Not Christie. Call me an weightist but I swear to you that guy will stroke out at the most inopportune moment. He really needs to shed some poundage.

wtf is up with the pic of Pawlenty? He is herping AND derping in that one!

None of the wimminz . . . not this time around. Still recovering from being Palinized.

HEY!! That is NOT fair. I am going to read up on the women, but my first choice is C. Rice.

Wow, not only are you a sexist for preferring a female candidate, you are a bigot for excluding a candidate because he is fat. Did you know that fat kids commit suicide because of bullies like you?

You're talking to two different people, Scary Gary.

Oh, OK, You are just a bigoted sexist then.

Yup, and that's still not as bad as a rapist looking for validation because "women are just being coy when they say no."

Yup, and that's still not as bad as a rapist looking for validation because "women are just being coy when they say no."

You continue to commit the horrific crime of falsely charging a man with rape.

This football player spent 5 years in prison because of a criminal like you: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...ngly-Convicted-Football-Player-154223815.html

Last edited:
I like both Condoleeza Rice and Obama's current CIA director David Petraeus as great VP choices but each have flat out said "no" in a way that makes me believe they are serious.

My guess is that it will be Portman which is kinda "meh" but I can live with it. The whole job of a VP is to be kinda "meh" anyway.

I like both Condoleeza Rice and Obama's current CIA director David Petraeus as great VP choices but each have flat out said "no" in a way that makes me believe they are serious.

My guess is that it will be Portman which is kinda "meh" but I can live with it. The whole job of a VP is to be kinda "meh" anyway.

The VP is whatever the person wants to make of it. Cheney was a fantastic VP, in part because of his long tenure in Congress. Gore was a non entity. As was Quale.

My first choice would be Rice, but she had been adamant about not wanting the job.
Marco Rubio is my second choice. An all around nice guy who would stomp Biden pretty badly in a debate. He would deliver Florida, for sure.

I've got a completely different take on this..........

I want to see Ryan as Secretary of the Treasury. That's logical.

I want to see Christie as Attorney General. That's also logical.

I do NOT particularly care for Rubio. Too young? Too smooth? And does Romney really need him to win FL? Don't think so.

The only way Romney might pick a Pawlenty or Daniels is if he's far enough ahead in the polls that he doesn't have to worry about a "boring" VP. Both of those guys may be boring but they ARE competent. And that's something we sure as hell ain't seeing in the WH at the moment.........

Yeah, I think I'll pick Cory Booker for VP <wry grin>

Patraeus would be an interesting choice.

I hope he picks Sarah Palin, but Allen West would also be a great choice.

romney_two_headed_half-wit.jpg

Republican Vice Presidential Candidates 2012: 15 People Who Could Earn The Nomination - Business Insider

Who do you think he should pick, and why.

And don't scream if I'm not present. I'm going to babysit my fur nephew for the next 24 hours. :) I may be able to swing through from there.

My favorite would definetely be Condoleeza Rice. She's excellently qualified, lots of experience, and would bring a lot to the ticket. Not sure she's a natural political campaigner though. But I think Joe Biden's handlers would probably wet their pants at the prospect of him having to debate Rice.

Susana Martinez looks pretty good too. But I don't know her very well.

Jeb Bush would in certain ways be excellent. But it's not really healthy to have a family-hold on a party. And he may want to keep his powder dry for 2016.

Many of the other candidates have pro's and con's.

Condi Rice because she's a brilliant woman.

Racist.

I know that makes absolutely no sense, but you watch, if she's the VP pick, they'll find a way to call you a racist for your support. Thought I'd just beat 'em to the punch. :lol:

Wouldn't that be completely contradictory to the accusations they will be making that anyone not supporting Obama again is only doing it because they are racists? Oh wait, that was your point, wasn't it? ;)

Immie

Forum List

Back