One of the worst speeches ever...

Did I say the GI Bill itself was crap?? Nope... but nice try... not going to work though

The crap that was attached IN the bill was the CRAP... the pork...

You would not know thing 1 about the military, son

How come Mccain didn't vote against funding the iraq war? I'll tell you why. It had tons of gop pork in it, and mccain doesn't mind gop pork, just democratic.

Ok, you tell us what pork was in the gi bill and what pork was in the iraq unding bills.

What you will find is dem pork goes to average americans in america. Gop pork goes to the top 1 percent.

So you aprove of gop pork but not dem pork?

So you guys said if we don't give bush the pork he wants, then we don't support the troops, but you wouldn't sign a bill that actually supports the troops because of the pork?

The gop can spin quite well.

How come Mccain didn't vote against funding the iraq war? I'll tell you why. It had tons of gop pork in it, and mccain doesn't mind gop pork, just democratic.

Ok, you tell us what pork was in the gi bill and what pork was in the iraq unding bills.

What you will find is dem pork goes to average americans in america. Gop pork goes to the top 1 percent.

So you guys said if we don't give bush the pork he wants, then we don't support the troops, but you wouldn't sign a bill that actually supports the troops because of the pork?

Do I approve of pork laden bills? Nope... but nice try, troll

You try and spin SO well

And you think DEM pork goes to the average Americans... maybe you should look at some of the DEM pork in the GI Bill bill....

Which crap or "pork" are you talking about?

inside the GI Bill legislation (and you will have to trudge back thru all the revisions and previous texts to find a lot of this stuff) you find nice little earmarks hidden in there that include cultural exchange funds to go to Africa, a vague "Contributions to International Organizations" of 66MIL, `Operating Expenses of the United States Agency for International Development' of ~150MIL, ~150MIl to Jordan, ~330MIL to a vague `Migration and Refugee Assistance', 75MIl for `Global Health and Child Survival', 93MIl for `Operating Expenses of the United States Agency for International Development', all kinds of monies for affirmative action, etc....... the list goes on

wow....amazing what the Koolade can do to an otherwise probably functing brain......

Knowing this may help:
As a clinical and forensic psychiatrist, Lyle Rossiter has treated over 1,500 patients and examined over 2,700 civil and criminal cases. Turning his hand to political psychopathology, the author of The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness, has diagnosed an alarming percentage of the population as suffering from a grotesque form of mental derangement.

fear not bobo...there is a cure....

wow....amazing what the Koolade can do to an otherwise probably functing brain......

Knowing this may help:
As a clinical and forensic psychiatrist, Lyle Rossiter has treated over 1,500 patients and examined over 2,700 civil and criminal cases. Turning his hand to political psychopathology, the author of The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness, has diagnosed an alarming percentage of the population as suffering from a grotesque form of mental derangement.

4,000 dead, 30,000 wounded, and $700 billion dollars wasted to set up a Shia government in Iraq allied with Iran.

That is true mental derangment.

inside the GI Bill legislation (and you will have to trudge back thru all the revisions and previous texts to find a lot of this stuff) you find nice little earmarks hidden in there that include cultural exchange funds to go to Africa, a vague "Contributions to International Organizations" of 66MIL, `Operating Expenses of the United States Agency for International Development' of ~150MIL, ~150MIl to Jordan, ~330MIL to a vague `Migration and Refugee Assistance', 75MIl for `Global Health and Child Survival', 93MIl for `Operating Expenses of the United States Agency for International Development', all kinds of monies for affirmative action, etc....... the list goes on

Really.. monies for AA. Please do continue. We are just about to have some serious fun here...

He voted for a military pay raise in 2000. And some other stuff that vets are quick to forget.

Senate approves 4,8% military pay raise | Human Events | Find Articles at BNET

John McCain on Defense

The Daily Show did a really funny bit on how the maverick reformer has become THE REFORMED MAVERICK.

I could explain how mccain has sold out and has played politics with his votes since he decided to run for president, but you won't care.

Think about the gop played politics with the war funding? If the dems didn't give haloburton and blackwater the 75 billion and the troops 25 million, they were painted as not supporting the troops.

Yes, look at those mccain votes. When the private contractors get the bulk of the bill, mccain signed on.

The gop shit on the troops. From the start of the war to now. Sure they gave them a little bit here and there, but he hardly doubled the debt on the troops.

The gi bill probably didn't give haloburton or blackwater anything, and that's why he didn't sign it.

Do I approve of pork laden bills? Nope... but nice try, troll

You try and spin SO well

And you think DEM pork goes to the average Americans... maybe you should look at some of the DEM pork in the GI Bill bill....

I'll give you an example then you give me one of a pork bill that goes to the few and not the many, then you give me one.

Ted Stevens owns land on an island. So do 50 of his rich buddies. No one but them would benefit from the bridge to nowhere but them.

Now you can show me some stupid dem pork, and i'll agree. But show me one where the politician is so clearly trying to profit at taxpayers expense.

Oh, and Palin didn't say no thanks to this pork. First she said please, then thanks, then no thanks after it became an embarassment, and she KEPT THE MONEY! lol

Knowing this may help:

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results each time.

Even Mccain admitted in his speech the other day that the gop sucks. He just said both sides suck. He said only he doesn't suck. Well based on hs record, flip flops, keating 5, ties with all those lobbyists, buddies with lieberman and bush, his ideas, based on all this, I know you are the one drinking the koolaid.

Are you rich? If you are, that's different. If you aren't , you are either dumb, racist, too religious. Its got to be something. Maybe we can help wake you up. There is still time and hope.

I just love mccain stole obamas message of change. the nerve!

for a righty sellout, I like mccain.

I am also a vet and I can't help but wonder why other vets back McCain and his party when they have not supported so many veteran bills.

They sure aren't the best for our security after their best actions for the last 8 years.

What BS riders were tied to those bills?

Voting to not increase something is NOT voting against vets. That's spin and you know it.

I'd like to ask the vets on here who do support McCain, what do they think of him not supporting various vet bills?

Have you ever been to a Vet Hospital? I visited my grandfather in one, let's just say it didn't seem like other hospitals I've been to.

They deserve the best treatment and the best benifits possible in my opinion.

Ever visited a military hospital? They don't seem like other hospitals either. It's socialized medicine and a GOOD preview of what any universal healthcare/socialized medicine will look like.

Before blindly announcing McCain doesn't support vets, I'd want to see what was tied to any bills he voted against. This is just another of those instances where his final action is attacked without providing context.

The VA has been a problem longer than I have been alive and neither party has done much but throw it some lip service, or as in this case, try to use it against the other party.

And what plan would you have voted for? Before the Post-911 MGIB was passed, Ch. 30 barely covered tuition costs, books, and gas for most people who got out. The new bill was necessary.

I don't agree. How about improving VA medical care and facilities FIRST? A relatively free ride through college is nice and all, but it's not what I would call first on a list of priorities. It just looks good in the media.

That's easy to say when you define what constitutes a "discussion." Your attacks on the left have not always been the result of a a troll's thread, Davey Boy.

Let's just admit that too many of the remarks here are a result of partisan values versus real facts.

How you see the the world is not how everyone sees the world and is not even necessarily how the world is.

I suggest you heed your own words.

Man you missed the talking point on this one... Mac was against it because the benefits would have been too good for our soldiers.. it would have encouraged everyone to leave the service..

Good thing Barack thinks that nothing is TOO good for our fighting men and women..

Why do Dave and Mac hate our servicemen again..

Sure he was. You've done an EXCELLENT job in one post to prove diamonddave's comments correct.

How can anyone NOT miss a talking point that is baseless, and a product of the extremist imagination?

Forum List

Back