One of the worst speeches ever...

And what plan would you have voted for? Before the Post-911 MGIB was passed, Ch. 30 barely covered tuition costs, books, and gas for most people who got out. The new bill was necessary.

But not at the expense of how it was funded...

Agreed, because I have USED the GI Bill and I know how it is, it needs modernized/revamped... but a proper funding of it is necessary....

but the Dems used the fact of some voting against it as a sqwaking point about 'not supporting the troops', when they knew FULL well that was not why it was voted against.... it was a classic trap situation by them

you know I remember reading somewhere that in the Kennedy Nixon debate those who watched it on television thought Kennedy won and those who listened on the radio thought Nixon won.

Interesting how much the visual image can shape your perception of what is being said.

abd why is this in current events? is it not pertaining to the election? I'm cornfuzzled.

Doesn't it bother people that the gop was denying any problems in the economy until January 08? I knew the economy was bad for the middle class and our wages were shrinking while inflation was occuring. I knew the gop was raping the treasury and that was weakening the dollar. During the michigan primary in jan, mitt romney said we were in a one state recession. All my gop buddies said things were great everywhere else, but I knew what was going on. Jobs in texas and arizona going to mexico and india. Those jobs went from michigan down south, but you knew corporations weren't going to stop there. I knew the housing crash was not only happening in Michigan. But the gop kept on denying. No word from the maverick.

Annyways, now we all know. I love the gop tries to blame the dem congress when they have a one person majority, and that is lieberman. And bush discovered the power of a veto. and the gop congress fell in love with the filabuster. so much for the nuclear option.

This election is going to be a landslide. The gop is not united. They are pretending so they can win over independents. Just wait to see all the new voters.

Anytime a lot of people show up to vote, it never benefits the gop.

but remember, the gop will resort to stealing the election. dems got to stay on top of that.

pps. Heart just told Palin to stop using their song Barracuda! They say she doesn't represent their views! lol

No.. he just parrots baseless left-wing talking points in his trolling manner... truth matters not to this guy... it is just spouting off whatever conspiracy theory or made up uber-lefty gibberish he can...

I'll give credit to any Dem when it is due.. not something you will ever get from trollKirk

No, it's all true. All you have is personal attacks.

So sad...

http://www.americanmafia.com/Feature_Articles_219.html

Last edited:
But not at the expense of how it was funded...

Agreed, because I have USED the GI Bill and I know how it is, it needs modernized/revamped... but a proper funding of it is necessary....

but the Dems used the fact of some voting against it as a sqwaking point about 'not supporting the troops', when they knew FULL well that was not why it was voted against.... it was a classic trap situation by them

I disagree, I think this was troop related. I have little problem over how it was handled. Especially when compared to others in Congress who've attached pork to the war funds bill and accused opposers for not supporting the troops, when the pork projects were clearly the issue.

No, it's all true. All you have is personal attacks.

So sad...

AmericanMafia.com - Feature Articles 219

Are you watching the news? unemplyment went from 5.7 to 6.1. that hit stocks and they took a dump. I think it is great the gop is in denial. When they come out, they'll try to blame it on us.

But this news totally wipes out Mccains speech. Why would we trust another republican to reach across the isle?

Elect Obama and he'll be on the correct side of every issue.

Economy, iraq, russia, iran, jobs, stem cell, going green, energy independence, afganistan, cuba, abortion, schools, seperation of church and state, labor, middle class, social programs.

I will have civil and logical discussions with those who actually have discussions

That's easy to say when you define what constitutes a "discussion." Your attacks on the left have not always been the result of a a troll's thread, Davey Boy.

Let's just admit that too many of the remarks here are a result of partisan values versus real facts.

How you see the the world is not how everyone sees the world and is not even necessarily how the world is.

This thread made me laugh. Years ago, a friend and I would stop off some nights after work at the local VFW. The old soldiers would sit and spin their views on the universe and while it was interesting it was often telling of what age and too much booze can do to the mind. McCain could have been one of those old soldiers - and we always respected their opinion even when we laughed.

That's easy to say when you define what constitutes a "discussion." Your attacks on the left have not always been the result of a a troll's thread, Davey Boy.

Let's just admit that too many of the remarks here are a result of partisan values versus real facts.

How you see the the world is not how everyone sees the world and is not even necessarily how the world is.

My attacks or going against the far left will continue... just as my pointing out trolls, by calling them a troll or their actions 'trolling actions', will also continue

Many comments are partisan views.... but the ones coming from the trolls are not even views.. they are delusions... pure attempts of just spitting out vitriol....

I will gladly listen and discuss the opposing viewpoint... I will gladly give my opposing viewpoint... and I will argue, discuss, exclaim, rebut, etc... it's what I am here to do

I would have voted against the GI Bill bill as well... the funding behind it is what was suspect.. NOT the fact that it was intended to improve the GI Bill... it is not plausible to just inherently vote for something because you want the end result, when how you go about it is completely wrong

Man you missed the talking point on this one... Mac was against it because the benefits would have been too good for our soldiers.. it would have encouraged everyone to leave the service..

Good thing Barack thinks that nothing is TOO good for our fighting men and women..

Why do Dave and Mac hate our servicemen again..

Man you missed the talking point on this one... Mac was against it because the benefits would have been too good for our soldiers.. it would have encouraged everyone to leave the service..

Good thing Barack thinks that nothing is TOO good for our fighting men and women..

Why do Dave and Mac hate our servicemen again..

And the result going back to a senseless and baseless claim that those who oppose something that sounds great in title, even with crap in the bill that makes it wrong to sign, being against the troops...

McCain was against it for many reasons including that... employers do not make the incentive to leave greater than the incentive to stay..

As for your comment about Obama thinking nothing is too good for our soldiers... PUH-LEASE... then why does he not LISTEN to the soldiers, support them in the theater of war, want them to finish the job they want to finish, etc

The GI bill is not crap... and... this is one of a long list of bills that Mac and the pubs voted against... Truth is, they'd rather give tax breaks to the wealthy while screwing over our armed services... I give two shits how you try to spin your way out of this... Republicans only support the troops with words...

If you dont believe me.. prove me wrong.. dont just tell me I'm wrong cause I'm sick of you cats with your BS rhetoric when the only action toward our military is giving them the finger...

The GI bill is not crap... and... this is one of a long list of bills that Mac and the pubs voted against... Truth is, they'd rather give tax breaks to the wealthy while screwing over our armed services... I give two shits how you try to spin your way out of this... Republicans only support the troops with words...

If you dont believe me.. prove me wrong.. dont just tell me I'm wrong cause I'm sick of you cats with your BS rhetoric when the only action toward our military is giving them the finger...

Did I say the GI Bill itself was crap?? Nope... but nice try... not going to work though

The crap that was attached IN the bill was the CRAP... the pork...

You would not know thing 1 about the military, son

Did I say the GI Bill itself was crap?? Nope... but nice try... not going to work though

The crap that was attached IN the bill was the CRAP... the pork...

You would not know thing 1 about the military, son

Which crap or "pork" are you talking about?

Forum List

Back