One of the reasons I hate Wal-Mart

Dude, if he was off the clock and dressed in street clothes, you can't go after Wal-Mart for his actions, you can only go after him for...attempted assault? He wasn't acting as an officer or an employee of the company.

Let it go man, yer tilting at windmills. There's no point in it.

Actually, yes he was. I have already retained an attorney.

Have fun wasting your money.

Not a waist of money. What happened there is a perfect example of a Bad Stop or in other terms a Non Productive Incident. there is a ton of liability in it.

In order to stop some one in Nevada or California there is a 5 step process you HAVE to follow, if you dont you can be held liable.

1. Selection (They have to see you select the merchandise)
2. Concealment (They have to see you conceal it)
3. Constant Observation (They can not take their eyes off of you at all, incase you dump)
4. Failure to Pay (Passing all points of sale)
5 Exit the store (You have to be outside the doors for them to even approach you)

If ANY of those steps are missing they can NOT stop you or detain you against you will. End of story.

Not a waist of money. What happened there is a perfect example of a Bad Stop or in other terms a Non Productive Incident. there is a ton of liability in it.

In order to stop some one in Nevada or California there is a 5 step process you HAVE to follow, if you dont you can be held liable.

1. Selection (They have to see you select the merchandise)
2. Concealment (They have to see you conceal it)
3. Constant Observation (They can not take their eyes off of you at all, incase you dump)
4. Failure to Pay (Passing all points of sale)
5 Exit the store (You have to be outside the doors for them to even approach you)

If ANY of those steps are missing they can NOT stop you or detain you against you will. End of story.

You forgot step 6.

They detainer must be working for the company at the time. This guy was off the clock.

Jesus. I work tangentially in retail as well. You got no case.

I was accues of shoplifting by someone not trained to make that decision. I was humiliated at a store right next door to my work, I was not only assaulted, but detained against my will.

Also what ever damages I get I will put all to a charity.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Wait a minute....I missed that part...

Is he suing because he got his feelings hurt basically?

Oh holy hell man.

Well, that and the permanent, unbearable internal injury that's sure to develop within a month.

That said...I am sure it was unpleasant being treated like a criminal.

You aren't going to win money.

You can't show actual damages.

Having your feelings hurt isn't going to win you cash.

I mean this seriously. Move on.

why when the alarm went off, did you just not return to the little person standing there who checks the receipt? how hard would that have been?

a professional scammer eh? that always amazes me that people will spend all their time and energy scamming for something when if they simply worked they could get it a lot faster and a lot easier ..but scammers love the feeling of getting something for nothing or worse convince themselves they have truly been injuried...

That's how he makes his living.. Within a couple months, he'll have suffered some major "injury", which will (again) prevent him from working for at least another 6 years, which then allows him to lay in bed, collect disability checks, that he spends on 5000 more movies.

Dude worked for maybe 3 years of his entire life, in which time he claims to have had a good half dozen jobs (the latest being a rentacop for a grocery store...whose last big bust was for a toothbrush).

Really, NM, you're pathetic. Give it a rest. It's sad, but funny at the same time.

Lol, I remember the toothbrush story! :lol:

Forum List

Back