One of the reasons I hate Wal-Mart

Nevadamedic

Jul 13, 2007
Diagon Alley
On Wednesday I went into Wal-Mart here locally on my lunch break to buy a couple of movies. I really wanted to get the This is it dvd as well as the New Saw movie.

A little history I have over 5,000 dvd's which I buy almost every new releases every Tuesday on release day. Also I do Loss Prevention for a major retailer out here where I look for and arrest shoplifters on a daily basis.

I went in there, I have over $200.00 cash in m pocket and I buy three movies, just short of $50.00 in the electronics department. Then left the department.

As I made my way towards the front of the store I realized that I had less then 10 minutes to get back to the store and punch in. As I exited the store there were about 15-20 people in the enterance area as I left. As I hit the final door this hispanic kid steps in my way. He was in his early 20's, about 5'8 or so and slender. He was dressed like any local gang banger in a hoodie, paggy pants and hat on backwards. I try to step around him and he steps in my way again and pushes me back in the store saying "No, no" in broken english. Not knowing if this is someone I have detained over the past 5 years of doing Loss Prevention (I'm figuring 30-40 stops a month), trying to remember all the people I have dealt with it impossible. I went to defend myself, and after a brief encounter the kid\guy took off into the parking lot.

I immediately dialed 911, and at that point the Wal-Mart door greeter runs up and asks for me receipt! Then found that one of the movies wasn't deactivated by their cashier and they tried to deactivate it, which I wouldn't allow being that was evidence in my defense. After I showed my damn receipt and getting really pissed off, their Loss Prevention and outside Security approached me and started apoloogizing. Apparently the police department contacted them to come help until they arrived. One of the LP Agents told me they knew I paid for the mercandise because they were watching me on camera. That kind of bothered me, but that is the nature of the business. They then informed me that the guy who stopped me was an employee who was not working at the time and just what they called a "Cart Wrangler". Needless to say I was livid at that point.

Here I have someone who is not trained to stop someone, who did not identify himself, was off the clock and was reacting to a door alarm that one of 15-20 people could have set off. Needless to say I am pressing charges on that individual and Wal-Mart is facing some serious legal issues, not to mention how lucky that guy got. In Nevada we are very liberal with ccw permits and are an open carry state. If that had been someone with a license to carry, the outcome I dont think would have been so great.

Just wanted to vent.

seems like you would have known to turn about when the alarm went off....this happens all the time at stores.....finer stores too...i was shopping ...purchased several items...when thru the gate things....alarm goes off....they had forgotten to deactivate the thingy...i simply turned around and went to the nearest sales clerk...wow that took a whole 4 or 5 minutes...and life goes on

seems like you would have known to turn about when the alarm went off....this happens all the time at stores.....finer stores too...i was shopping ...purchased several items...when thru the gate things....alarm goes off....they had forgotten to deactivate the thingy...i simply turned around and went to the nearest sales clerk...wow that took a whole 4 or 5 minutes...and life goes on

He's full of shit. Has been for years. And his whole "I'm pressing charges" is an attempt to get more money from the system. He spent 3/4 of his life laying in bed watching movies that he bought on someone elses dime because he picked up a box at Best Buy and "hurt his back".

Last edited by a moderator:
On Wednesday I went into Wal-Mart here locally on my lunch break to buy a couple of movies. I really wanted to get the This is it dvd as well as the New Saw movie.

A little history I have over 5,000 dvd's which I buy almost every new releases every Tuesday on release day. Also I do Loss Prevention for a major retailer out here where I look for and arrest shoplifters on a daily basis.

I went in there, I have over $200.00 cash in m pocket and I buy three movies, just short of $50.00 in the electronics department. Then left the department.

As I made my way towards the front of the store I realized that I had less then 10 minutes to get back to the store and punch in. As I exited the store there were about 15-20 people in the enterance area as I left. As I hit the final door this hispanic kid steps in my way. He was in his early 20's, about 5'8 or so and slender. He was dressed like any local gang banger in a hoodie, paggy pants and hat on backwards. I try to step around him and he steps in my way again and pushes me back in the store saying "No, no" in broken english. Not knowing if this is someone I have detained over the past 5 years of doing Loss Prevention (I'm figuring 30-40 stops a month), trying to remember all the people I have dealt with it impossible. I went to defend myself, and after a brief encounter the kid\guy took off into the parking lot.

I immediately dialed 911, and at that point the Wal-Mart door greeter runs up and asks for me receipt! Then found that one of the movies wasn't deactivated by their cashier and they tried to deactivate it, which I wouldn't allow being that was evidence in my defense. After I showed my damn receipt and getting really pissed off, their Loss Prevention and outside Security approached me and started apoloogizing. Apparently the police department contacted them to come help until they arrived. One of the LP Agents told me they knew I paid for the mercandise because they were watching me on camera. That kind of bothered me, but that is the nature of the business. They then informed me that the guy who stopped me was an employee who was not working at the time and just what they called a "Cart Wrangler". Needless to say I was livid at that point.

Here I have someone who is not trained to stop someone, who did not identify himself, was off the clock and was reacting to a door alarm that one of 15-20 people could have set off. Needless to say I am pressing charges on that individual and Wal-Mart is facing some serious legal issues, not to mention how lucky that guy got. In Nevada we are very liberal with ccw permits and are an open carry state. If that had been someone with a license to carry, the outcome I dont think would have been so great.

Just wanted to vent.

I had that happen to me before, I was checking out at the self serve register. I had a bunch of items that were the same and I missed one. They just look at your receipt and let you go.

You should just let it go as well. Pick your battles.

Just wanted to vent.
You're pressing charges over THAT?

You're a PUSSY, dude.

I don't see what you can win in a suit.

What damages would you show?

It's the principle of the matter, plain and simple.

He's full of shit. Has been for years. And his whole "I'm pressing charges" is an attempt to get more money from the system. He spent 3/4 of his life laying in bed watching movies that he bought on someone elses dime because he picked up a box at Best Buy and "hurt his back".

This post here proves you don't know a damn thing about me, at all so try again.

Just wanted to vent.
You're pressing charges over THAT?

You're a PUSSY, dude.

No, its the right thing to do. That guy was not trained or authorized to make a stop. Not only that the fact that he wen't "hands on" was also the wrong way to handle it. People need to realize that just because they "think" someone is doing something they have the right to put their hands on you.

Everyone wants to be a fucking hero.

I was accues of shoplifting by someone not trained to make that decision. I was humiliated at a store right next door to my work, I was not only assaulted, but detained against my will.

Also what ever damages I get I will put all to a charity.

Dude, if he was off the clock and dressed in street clothes, you can't go after Wal-Mart for his actions, you can only go after him for...attempted assault? He wasn't acting as an officer or an employee of the company.

Let it go man, yer tilting at windmills. There's no point in it.

Dude, if he was off the clock and dressed in street clothes, you can't go after Wal-Mart for his actions, you can only go after him for...attempted assault? He wasn't acting as an officer or an employee of the company.

Actually, yes he was. I have already retained an attorney.

Have fun wasting your money.

That's how he makes his living.. Within a couple months, he'll have suffered some major "injury", which will (again) prevent him from working for at least another 6 years, which then allows him to lay in bed, collect disability checks, that he spends on 5000 more movies.

Dude worked for maybe 3 years of his entire life, in which time he claims to have had a good half dozen jobs (the latest being a rentacop for a grocery store...whose last big bust was for a toothbrush).

Really, NM, you're pathetic. Give it a rest. It's sad, but funny at the same time.

This post here proves you don't know a damn thing about me, at all so try again.
She knows as much as she said, because that's exactly what you told everybody.

And you're going to sue Wal Mart over this little bull shit? First off, I highly doubt you'll find an attorney that will touch it. Second, you'll be laughed out of court. This is what they consider "frivolous."

Last edited:

That's how he makes his living.. Within a couple months, he'll have suffered some major "injury", which will (again) prevent him from working for at least another 6 years, which then allows him to lay in bed, collect disability checks, that he spends on 5000 more movies.

Dude worked for maybe 3 years of his entire life, in which time he claims to have had a good half dozen jobs (the latest being a rentacop for a grocery store...whose last big bust was for a toothbrush).

Really, NM, you're pathetic. Give it a rest. It's sad, but funny at the same time.

Two words:

Loser pays.

I was accues of shoplifting by someone not trained to make that decision. I was humiliated at a store right next door to my work, I was not only assaulted, but detained against my will.

Also what ever damages I get I will put all to a charity.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Wait a minute....I missed that part...

Is he suing because he got his feelings hurt basically?

Oh holy hell man.

Forum List

Back