One of the greatest culinary mysteries...

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Why do people eat pineapple that comes out of a can?
I looked in the fridge for a little snack and saw my wife cut up a pineapple.. mmmm.
Taking a bite - I was once again perplexed by the fact that most pineapple eaten in America is out of a can...when the real thing is 5,000 times better.

Sad really...
It reminds me also of how asparagus is thought by most people as a disgusting vegetable with no taste. But if cooked properly and lightly seasoned with salt/pepper/butter...they are great.
Sad....but then again...people like tator tots.

Sad really...
It reminds me also of how asparagus is thought by most people as a disgusting vegetable with no taste. But if cooked properly and lightly seasoned with salt/pepper/butter...they are great.

I love asparagus!

And fresh pineapple! Nice roasted too!

Sad really...

It is like that for many foods. Canned soup.... What is up with that??? Canned iced tea? :cuckoo:

Sad really...

It is like that for many foods. Canned soup.... What is up with that??? Canned iced tea? :cuckoo:

You too??
Canned Iced Tea...WTF?? is it that hard to make???
Chicken Soup in a can???:cuckoo:

Sad really...

I love asparagus!

And grilled and made into a sweet/hot salsa...on a burger...food for the Gods.

Sad really...

I love asparagus!

And grilled and made into a sweet/hot salsa...on a burger...food for the Gods.

Oh my goodness, that's my favorite way to eat pineapple - I like to buy it fresh when I get the chance, I'll probably have to stop by the market tonight to satisfy my Pineapple craving now.

I looked in the fridge for a little snack and saw my wife cut up a pineapple.. mmmm.
Taking a bite - I was once again perplexed by the fact that most pineapple eaten in America is out of a can...when the real thing is 5,000 times better.

I figured you were going to ask, "who was the first person to crack open an oyster or clam and say, damn, that looks delicious"?

I figured you were going to ask, "who was the first person to crack open an oyster or clam and say, damn, that looks delicious"?

Someone really hungry!!

Pheh....hate oysters. Will never understand how people slam them down a dozen at a time.
Just like liver...taste like sh*t.

Pheh....hate oysters. Will never understand how people slam them down a dozen at a time.
Just like liver...taste like sh*t.

I like liver... and oysters... but not at the same time. :lol:

Fresh pinapple goes south pretty quick.
It's damn good tho.

LOL... I call them the pineapple express. Its a Hawaii flight that lands at 6am... most of them come off with a box of pineapple.

Forum List

Back